HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions, List of English VA casts on the first post
Little Washu
post Sep 30 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #61

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 03:13 PM) *
I hate it when the Japanese and/or the English cast women to play boys

Then you should stop watching anime.

Al's dub voice will also be Crona in Soul Eater...I wonder...will Al's voice be similar to Crona's? I can't find any other characters I know that the actress does...and with a male character like Al and a female like Crona...this should be good...she seems to be new.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Oct 1 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #62

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

All I can say is... HOORAY! laugh.gif My worst fear would be that they would just recast the whole series, but some parts were changed, like Aaron Dismuke as Al. Me and my friend spent nearly half an hour looking for this chick's voice on the internet, because we were so worried about it. (And excited) We finally found her and were surprised by how boyish her voice sounds even when she talks normally! WE GIVE HER THE SEAL OF OUR APPROVAL!!

And everyone else is pretty much the same, but I really can't wait to hear who they cast as new peoples like Lin, Lan Fan, Olivier, and so on... Ah! Nine months from the DVD release you say? It's like waiting for a baby then! I am anxious for this baby to be born! ohmy.gif

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Oct 1 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #63

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

I think I watched the English dub the first time I watched Fma since I hated subtitles back then. Now I'm pretty much set on watching the original Japanese, but I wouldn't mind watching the dub on Adult Swim. Speaking of which, Adult Swim had better air Brotherhood. (It's sad how I'm just looking forward to whatever April Fool's jokes they might put on a Brotherhood episode.)

Vic's voice...not the best Ed, but I like how passionate? he is about the show. And Vic does tend to whisper a lot, but hey Romi...growls a lot too. XD; Although Romi is just better at acting in general.

Aaron had the perfect voice, but he did grate on my nerves after a while. "Brother, but Brother, Brother hold on, BROTHER!, Brother?" Don't get me wrong I did like his voice, it was just a little monotone. Probably from lack of experience, so this Maxey Whitehead is sounding better for the job.

+Quote Post
FullmetalMagicia...
post Oct 2 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #64

Alchemists

Member No.: 30,955

Thank you so much for sharing this important information.

Cheers.

--------------------
~~~Edward Fan 101~~~
~~~As an Ed fangirl, I must love him with all my heart!-My Pledge!!~~~

My deviantArt Page |Link|
AKA DarkAMagician (Gaiaonline), kanazuchi92 (deviantart) and erectroryte (LiveJournal).

-turned into an alchemist: Open Chat, 5: 35 pm Sydney time, March 14 2006, Tuesday

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Oct 2 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #65

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

QUOTE (Little Washu @ Sep 30 2009, 06:08 PM) *
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 03:13 PM) *
I hate it when the Japanese and/or the English cast women to play boys

Then you should stop watching anime.

Al's dub voice will also be Crona in Soul Eater...I wonder...will Al's voice be similar to Crona's? I can't find any other characters I know that the actress does...and with a male character like Al and a female like Crona...this should be good...she seems to be new.

Why should I stop watching anime? sleep.gif First off I haven't seen too much anime in the first place,but when I do watch it I prefer to watch the dubbed version. All of the anime I have seen have used men/boys for the male characters examples are: Fruits Basket,DN Angel, and Death Note. For Fma Brotherhood I have to watch the sub,but I do think the female voice actors of Ed and Al did a fair job,but I just prefer their dubbed voices a lot better happy.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessElir
post Oct 4 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 63,382

I like the oringal dub. I find the oringinal series subtittled annoying...I am not minding Brotherhood subtittled right now, cause that's all there is right now.

--------------------

Tomato+Potato=Pomato?

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Oct 5 2009, 01:29 AM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

I definitely prefer the English dub, not only is it a decent dub, I hate reading subtitles. I don't speak Japanese so I don't get the full effect of the emotion or what they're saying.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 5 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #68

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

^ive been watchin subtitles since i was really little XD i even put them on english tv, i just like readin along for some reason XD sure helped me learn to read faster, also i dont think you need to understand the words to hear the emotion thats been put into them, but im so used to listenin to japanese in particular maybe im just used to it *shrug* I certainly know loads of people who hate subtitles aswell

Anyway just dropped by to say, the first fma dub was pretty good I'll grant, but after hearing the pure raw emotion romi paku put into ed in this weeks episode, particually in the al at the gate part, im sceptical that vic will step up to the mark, the manga storyline imo has so much more power and emotion to it, and has acting barriors that the first anime never even touched upon, I don't think that Vic will deliver the performance this time around, but i guess will see, not that im too bothered anyway, im fine with the original audio personally

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Oct 5 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Oct 5 2009, 04:29 AM) *
I definitely prefer the English dub, not only is it a decent dub, I hate reading subtitles. I don't speak Japanese so I don't get the full effect of the emotion or what they're saying.

I don't understand why people hate reading subtitles. It only takes about a second to glance down and read the sentence and then you can continue to watch the rest of the scene. And just because you don't understand the language doesn't mean that you can't hear the emotion in their voices, and a really good example is the last scene from episode 26 of Brotherhood. Romi Paku is simply amazing.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Oct 6 2009, 04:23 AM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Oct 5 2009, 09:04 PM) *
I don't understand why people hate reading subtitles. It only takes about a second to glance down and read the sentence and then you can continue to watch the rest of the scene. And just because you don't understand the language doesn't mean that you can't hear the emotion in their voices, and a really good example is the last scene from episode 26 of Brotherhood. Romi Paku is simply amazing.

I just don't like reading them, I prefer to just listen and watch the animation although I'll read subtitles if I have no other choice. I have my preference, other people have theirs. I don't really see a problem with that...

As far as emotion goes, ehh, it's not much of a big deal but again, I just find that I get the full effect in my own language.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 6 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #71

State Alchemist (Major)

*nod* when i first got into anime, i watched all dub, and when i moved to sub (cause there was no dub) i really hated it, i couldnt get the flow of the language, the subtle inflections, it was hard to distinguish between voices, and even raw emotion was hard to hear, to me, a lot of the time it was just...noise, however, after watching about 50eps of strait sub, my brain suddenly clicked, and even though i didnt understand the words, all the things that actors put into their voices, i could suddenly hear and the emotion I could understand as well as i could in english, and when i heard dubs again, i felt completly cringiful of them, now im used to subs theres no going back, but i understand what you mean, cause when i first got into anime, i couldnt hear the 'full effect' either

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Oct 6 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #72

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 6 2009, 04:31 PM) *
*nod* when i first got into anime, i watched all dub, and when i moved to sub (cause there was no dub) i really hated it, i couldnt get the flow of the language, the subtle inflections, it was hard to distinguish between voices, and even raw emotion was hard to hear, to me, a lot of the time it was just...noise, however, after watching about 50eps of strait sub, my brain suddenly clicked, and even though i didnt understand the words, all the things that actors put into their voices, i could suddenly hear and the emotion I could understand as well as i could in english, and when i heard dubs again, i felt completly cringiful of them, now im used to subs theres no going back, but i understand what you mean, cause when i first got into anime, i couldnt hear the 'full effect' either

Heh, glad someone understands. XD
I've watched 3 or 4 anime series' with subs because the English dub wasn't out yet, but that's about it. I'm not really used to hearing Japanese all that often so... I think it is a learned thing, and I don't have the time to learn it haha. tongue.gif

Back on topic, funnily enough, the actor I'm most worried about this time around is Vic. I can't imagine anyone else's English voice for him, but at the same time he has a lot to live up to.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 6 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #73

State Alchemist (Major)

oh yeh, for some people its definatly a learned thing, of course for talented linguists or people used to taking in languages they probably adapt very quickly, if not instantly, but for me personally, it took quite a long time, but now ive learned some japanese and ive listened to so much of it over the past few years (and i mean ALOT of stuff XD and not just anime) I 100% perfer the japanese audio, but to 'hear' the superiority of the acting, took time and a lot of well i guess 'practice' XD

anyway yesh back on topic, im VERY worried about Vic, no offence to him but imo hes simply not a good enough actor compared to romi paku, in the first anime he produced a pretty fair job compared to ya average dub, but this time around, the manga storyline calls for VERY talented actors and actresses and after seeing this weeks ending scene, I'm very sceptical Vic can pull that off to the heart breaking, tear jerking quality of the japanese.

--------------------

+Quote Post
S.F. Thunder
post Oct 9 2009, 06:02 AM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 71,177

Reviving this topic to answer a question that I think still remains, I'm pretty sure that Greeling is voiced by two people- Ling's actor and original Greed's. I remember watching a clip from the Prince of Dawn game (or it might've been it's sequel; not being able to read kanji confuses me) in which we got to see Greeling, and his voice was definitely original Greed's. I think that'll be the animation's best way of showing us who's in control; I certainly think it's a good idea.

I don't watch much anime, and I definitely don't watch much dubbed anime, but it's been years since the first FMA anime was dubbed. I'd like to think that the voice actors will have improved a lot, given that now they've had a few extra years of experience. That's how I'm looking at it. As much as I love Vic, though- I've met him and he's a great guy who really does love the series- as people have been saying, he's got big shoes to fill. I don't know what it is about Japanese seiyuu, but they always seem to be able to put a lot more emotion into their voice. I'm really hoping the dub cast can pull this off; Romi Paku set the bar reeeaally high. And, come to think of it, so did Envy's voice in the recent episodes- I liked Wendy Powell as Envy, but I'm not sure if she can sound that sadistic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Oct 10 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #75

Citizen

Member No.: 71,431

About subtitles vs. dubbing, I personally make it a point to watch both. I like both equally, and I've gotten very familiar with Japanese, it feels perfectly natural for me to watch a subtitled anime, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

As for the voice actors, I'm glad they're keeping the original english cast. I think it's important for the characters to be different from how they were in anime1, which is why some people would say that the cast should be new. But I think it's also important for the voice actors to be familiar with how the characters were in anime1. While they are different in the manga, they are still the same people as in anime1. I think that their portrayals of the characters will be better since they are very familiar with both the anime1 and anime2/manga sides of their characters smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 12:00 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css