HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions, List of English VA casts on the first post
The Bearded One
post Sep 28 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #46

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,214

The most important things for me are the return of Armstrong and Kimblee’s original voices. I thought both were fantastic in the original series, plus Kibmlee’s role is a lot bigger this time around. I am disappointed that they changed Scar’s voice though. BTW I wonder who they have for Olivia Amrstrong?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Sep 28 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Sep 28 2009, 03:02 PM) *
PS - Travis, please lighten up Roy's voice this time around. He's way more goofier and lighthearted in the manga, and Shinichiro Miki's done a great job in making Roy sound like a twenty-something year old.

Yeah, that's actually my biggest concern with the Brotherhood dub. I love Travis to death but I honestly don't know if he'll be able to pull of Roy's character this time around. He was perfect for anime1 Roy, but Brotherhood Roy is so different and if he goes into the role not knowing that, it's going to be really weird and awkward.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Sep 28 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

It's not just Mustang, most of the characters are pretty different from their first series' counterparts. One has to wonder if whoever's in charge of the casting and the VA direction is aware of that.

It won't be any good if the VAs just go in assuming that their characters are exactly the same as before. Roy, Lust, Kimblee, etc... there are so many characters that should require a new aproach by their VAs.

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Sep 29 2009, 03:58 AM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

^I think, well I hope, that the VAs will recognise the differences in the characters and adjust their voices to them. For the original English dub cast, it's probably going to be somewhat difficult to change it up a bit because they'll have been so used to portraying a character in a certain way.... but, I have faith in them lol. Most VAs can be surprisingly flexible like that.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Sep 29 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #50

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

You guys are reading into this way too much. Voice actors aren't voice actors for nothing. I think before they go jumping into such a project that the VAs would be made well aware that the characters are different this time around, so it's time to change and shake it up a bit. It's a lot different from the 1st series. I honestly don't think they'd be walking into this blindly. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Then once you hear them, if you decide they suck, then they suck. They've not even released a dub yet for us to really go by.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Sep 29 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #51

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Oh I have not doubts that the VAs will do a great job, that's why they get paid to do what they do.

More like, I'm concerned that Travis doesn't use the same voice that was in FMA series one...that carried over into Mushi-shi...which then carried over into D.Gray man... to voice Roy for Brotherhood.

I know that they're all capable people, but it's just a niggling thought that they might try to voice the characters the same as they did before because they've already voiced the characters. Makes sense?

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Sep 29 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Sep 29 2009, 03:37 PM) *
You guys are reading into this way too much. Voice actors aren't voice actors for nothing. I think before they go jumping into such a project that the VAs would be made well aware that the characters are different this time around, so it's time to change and shake it up a bit. It's a lot different from the 1st series. I honestly don't think they'd be walking into this blindly. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Then once you hear them, if you decide they suck, then they suck. They've not even released a dub yet for us to really go by.

Very good point! These guys are voice actors so quite obviously, they have the talent to change their voice as the director sees fit. It's more up to the director, so everyone needs to take their complaints to them! tongue.gif Also, a few of the voice actors have been keeping tabs on Brotherhood and watching some episodes, so I'm sure they've noticed some changes in the acting/voices/characters.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Sep 29 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Sep 29 2009, 09:40 AM) *
More like, I'm concerned that Travis doesn't use the same voice that was in FMA series one...that carried over into Mushi-shi...which then carried over into D.Gray man... to voice Roy for Brotherhood.

I have the same fear about him for those exact same reasons...I loved him as Roy in FMA 1, and I felt like the voice fit perfectly, but I just haven't seen him change up his voice...ever. He's sounded more or less the same in all the series I've seen him in...so it's kinda hit or miss. It's like the character has to fit him rather than him fitting the character. *deep breath...I will not turn this into a rant about DGM* -______-

I say that I didn't like Colleen in series one, and I didn't, but at least I know that she's very capable of playing different types of characters. I mean I liked her as Rose well enough...

And I know that this is what they're paid to do and that of course I think they're researching the characters, but I definitely think that some are a bit more...effective...at doing so and then implementing it than others.

Anyway.

I'm also curious who they're going to have for Olivier! I think Mary Elizabeth McGlynn would probably do a good job...she was Cornelia in Code Geass...I was also thinking whoever was Theresa in Claymore could probably do it XD but I think Theresa's VA is also Izumi's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Sep 29 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Yes, they are voice actors, but after the DGM dub, I lost a lot of confidence because they played off cliche stereotypes rather than acting as a character. No emotion involved. Just stereotyping...anyone who's heard it (and came out alive) should understand.

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Sep 29 2009, 12:40 PM) *

I feel bad beating down on poor Travis, because I love the guy and he does great IN PARTICULAR roles, but I have never heard him play anything else before like you said, and Roy from Brotherhood is so, so, sooooo different than anime1 Roy (which is why I love him so much) and I just really want him to be portrayed as the awesome, unique Roy Mustang we all know and love. It'll be real awkward if Travis doesn't change it up.

Then again, there is no way they couldn't have chosen Travis. He's in love with Roy Mustang (even though he's never read the manga/watched Brotherhood...which he totally should lol)

Sorry for the rant lol

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Sep 29 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #55

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

But yeah, I think Travis is awesome and he did a great job with Roy. I don't hate the guy, rather I think he'll do a fantastic job.

So I'm not trying to be overly harsh on the guy, as I was citing an example of an extreme possibility of one of my greatest fears.

Again, I'll just wait and see like everyone else and I'm pretty sure that everyone will be awesome with the material from Brotherhood.

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Sep 29 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #56

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Sep 29 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Also, a few of the voice actors have been keeping tabs on Brotherhood and watching some episodes, so I'm sure they've noticed some changes in the acting/voices/characters.

Huh, really? Well that's good! Do you know which ones? Just curious.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Sep 29 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #57

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

OMG does this mean Travis Willingham will be Roy's super sexy voice again??? ****Happy Dance!****

I'm sorry but I don't care if his voice hasn't changed, I think it's a good thing. He was the BEST voice for Roy. Spot on.

And I'm not saying all that just because Travis is pretty hot himself. LOL

HOORAAYY!!!!!

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Sep 29 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (The_Twilight_Trinity @ Sep 29 2009, 05:18 PM) *
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Sep 29 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Also, a few of the voice actors have been keeping tabs on Brotherhood and watching some episodes, so I'm sure they've noticed some changes in the acting/voices/characters.

Huh, really? Well that's good! Do you know which ones? Just curious.

Same here, where did you hear that? Forsaken Love and I were just talking about how it's better if actors put more effort into being more like their characters. Just like Harry Potter actors should take the time to actually read the books, voice actors should at least take a look at the manga or the original Japanese anime before jumping in.

Anyway, the other day I rewatched episodes 13-15 of FMA1 just for fun, and because I'd forgotten what the dub voices sounded like. IMO, Al is probably the most tolerable, followed by Ed, Mustang, and possibly Riza and Lust. Everyone else was pretty plain and dull, with nearly no emotion at all. It almost sounded like they're not even trying. The worst ones were probably Scar and Envy.

Putting that aside, I'll try to be optimistic and hope for the best for Brotherhood's dub biggrin.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Sep 29 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

Exiting! biggrin.gif Does anyone know when the english dubbed version is going to come out? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Sep 30 2009, 01:37 AM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

Vic has been watching some episodes of Brotherhood and I believe Travis has as well.. I don't know about any of the other voice actors as of yet, but both of them said that they've seen some of it at various panels that I've watched on Youtube.

And at another panel, now that I think of it, Travis said he is aware of the Roy vs. Lust fight and also knows of Riza's tattoo.. that's always good to know, right? XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 10:09 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css