HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions, List of English VA casts on the first post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post May 15 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #436

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,555

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ May 15 2010, 06:19 AM) *
Looked like I was right when I predicted that Todd Haberkorn would do Ling's voice!

But Ling is ASYMMETRICAL GARBAGE!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 15 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #437

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ May 15 2010, 07:26 PM) *
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ May 15 2010, 06:19 AM) *
Looked like I was right when I predicted that Todd Haberkorn would do Ling's voice!

But Ling is ASYMMETRICAL GARBAGE!

I'm afraid I'll have to inform you that not everyone shares that view. Ling is one of my favourite characters. Just as Todd is one of my favourite voice actors. : )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post May 15 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #438

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

Aha, finally some casting news on the episode actually airing tonight: source Mike McFarland

Father - Kent Williams
Selim Bradley - Brittney Karbowski
Mrs. Bradley - Dana Shultes

wow wait the English narrator as Father and Black Star from Soul Eater as Selim? I don't know about this.

EDIT:
While going through the audition process (at the time, only a few episodes were available), I asked the higher-ups if they could confirm from Aniplex if the Narrator was a completely autonomous voice or the voice of a character that would appear later in the series. Their reply was "The Narrator is Father". After Father finally appeared and I was able to compare the two voices, I could tell (and read on the cast list) that both were played by the same actor, Iemasa Kayumi. There was just a little difference in the delivery and tone, based off of what was being said or conveyed. I wanted to stay true to Director Yasuhiro Irie's intentions, so the English dub's Narrator and Father are also played by one voice actor. The decision on who would play him was not made until I heard both voices/characters. :-)

-Mike McFarland

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 15 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #439

Group Icon

^Yeah...I'm interested to see how Kent Williams will sound as Father. oO What I've heard of Brittney Karbowski sounds good - from One Piece and D.Gray-Man, but on both occasions they were female characters- can't wait to see how she'll do as Selim.
: )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post May 15 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #440

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

I didn't think they would actually stick to that. Extra point for them.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post May 15 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #441

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

And now as I do research on these actors, I realize that I can hardly distinguish Kent Williams's voice from Chuck Huber's. huh.gif

+Quote Post
ramencat
post May 15 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #442

Citizen

Member No.: 72,594

Um... The whole 'Ling is asymetrical garbage' thing is a joke. Todd Haberkorn played Death the Kid in Soul Eater, and that character is obsessed with symmetry and calls anything that isn't perfectly symetrical garbage. But I think Todd will make an exellant Ling. Glad Aaron has a role, but I would like to hear more of him- Young Hohenhiem only has a few lines. Dunno about Kent Williams as Father... if he doesn't adjust his voice from the narraration, it just doesn't seem to fit. So will Brittany Karbowski be doing Pride to?

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post May 15 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #443

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ May 15 2010, 09:07 AM) *
QUOTE (hawkflame @ May 15 2010, 01:50 PM) *
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ May 15 2010, 07:19 AM) *

I'm not sure about the others, though, never heard of them. =X

You don't know Monica Rial, the actress who played the main villain in the first FMA anime?

I know of only few Funi voice actors by name, like Todd, Vic, Aaron, Mike etc and who they've voice acted for. But I've never heard of a lot of those other names listed above. Honestly, I've just now found out that Monica Rial did Dante's voice because you and one other mentioned it here. xD

Monica Rial is much more well known than those other VAs, so I'm surprised you never heard of her before. She's been in dubs for quite a while. She was Hyatt in Excel Saga.

She's one of my favorite VAs.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post May 15 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #444

Alchemists

Well this is awfully early, but on Chris Rager's Facebook he announced he's doing Zampano. Anyone heard of him before?

So I'm guessing the English dubbing is almost in the 40s now. I was wondering about that. The last time we heard was they finished the Gluttony Stomach arc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 16 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #445

Group Icon

QUOTE (ramencat @ May 15 2010, 10:47 PM) *
Um... The whole 'Ling is asymetrical garbage' thing is a joke. Todd Haberkorn played Death the Kid in Soul Eater, and that character is obsessed with symmetry and calls anything that isn't perfectly symetrical garbage. But I think Todd will make an exellant Ling. Glad Aaron has a role, but I would like to hear more of him- Young Hohenhiem only has a few lines. Dunno about Kent Williams as Father... if he doesn't adjust his voice from the narraration, it just doesn't seem to fit. So will Brittany Karbowski be doing Pride to?

Oh really? I've never watched Soul Eater so I didn't get the joke so I thought it was a comment on the fact that I liked Ling.- I apologise for my mistake, Bag of Magic Food. smile.gif

I wish people would stop being so surprised that I don't know Monica Rial! I don't know all the voice actors! xD I just recognise most of them by voice, rather than name.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post May 16 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #446

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

A guy commented on being Zampano? Wow. It's so weird for me to think that the dubbers are doing episode 38+ now.

OKAY, EPISODE 14 COMMENTS.
I love Selims voice. That was awesome. I loved it, SO much better than anime1's.
I wasn't expecting Fathers to be so fatherly. I'm so used to the deep boring voice of the Jap. VA. So this was a great change and I APPROVE.
Patton did such a freaking amazing job with Greed at the ending. Oh. My. Crap. I rewound it just to listen to it several more times. I loved it so freaking much.
(is it wrong for a girl to enjoy the sounds of a man screaming as he is being lowered into boiling oil??)

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post May 16 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #447

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Chris Patton was doing a decent job with Greed, and much better than his effing terrible peformance in the first series dub, but in the scene with him being lowered into the vat he sounded like Billy West doing an impression of Jackie "The Jokeman" Martling. How embarassingly bad. I felt humiliated for both the character of Greed and Patton.

QUOTE (Vlyse @ May 16 2010, 12:57 AM) *
Well this is awfully early, but on Chris Rager's Facebook he announced he's doing Zampano. Anyone heard of him before?

He's Mr. Satan ("Hercule") in DBZ.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
mazam
post May 16 2010, 01:28 PM
Post #448

Citizen

Member No.: 49,332

QUOTE (ramencat @ May 15 2010, 05:47 PM) *
Glad Aaron has a role, but I would like to hear more of him- Young Hohenhiem only has a few lines.

You know what would be interesting? If Aaron gets to voice young god father too. I would so love that.

I enjoy how some of the actors are starting to add more nuances into their characters. I wait in anticipation for how Baylock and Patton's character voices will evolve by the series end. I'm still iffy with Williams as Father but I'm willing to give his voice more time.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post May 16 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #449

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

It.. would actually be really fitting for Aaron to play younger looking Father, seeing as Father is a copy of how Hoho looked when he was that young

Pff, Great. Thanks for the suggestion. (sarcasm) Now I have my heart set on Aaron being the above mentioned.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post May 16 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #450

Alchemists

Not really. Father is a copy of Hoho now and they still have different VAs.

--------------------

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 05:39 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css