HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions, List of English VA casts on the first post
crazyanimefan
post Mar 7 2010, 10:08 PM
Post #391

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,696

Pretty good dub this episode. Overall I'm happy with the quality and the maturing compared to previous episodes.

Nina was annoying, but not enough to make my ears bleed. She didnt quite sound her age.

Chuck as Shou was much better this time around. My favorite part is when he snaps, which I thought was really well done.

Maxey has really captured me. Except for rare moments where she was slightly too girly, Maxey has nailed Al. I am quite satisfied with Al's voice now.

Vic as Ed was great. I think that Vic has really captured Ed's torment, and I was honestly close to tearing up.

My favorite parts would have to be Travis and Colleen at the end. They make quite the poignant Roy and Riza, and they each have improved. I like the slight differences in their voices that signal more feeler and darker tones to come.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 14 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #392

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

Maxey is just getting better and better.
episode 5 was just. I mean.. Yeah she hit that out of the park.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Mar 14 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #393

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I'm really surprised, another good episode of the dub!

My feelings about Vic's Edward still remain the same, and I think Havoc is sounding a little awkward, but overall, decent performances all around!

Maxey Whitehead was awesome in that scene with Alphonse yelling at his brother. If we can get more of that, she may just turn out to be as good as Aaron Dismuke. Willingham's Roy, as I said before, has finally settled into something new when compared to the first series, and it sounds good. Sabat's Armstrong is as solid as always and I'm enjoying Strait's Hughes as well.

We have the return of Wendy Powell, Envy's VA from the first series' dub, and I can't really tell whether she's good here or not. I never liked her much as Envy because it sounded like she couldn't decide quite where she wanted his voice to be. In the scene he's in here, it seems like he's not even doing Cornello's voice when he's disguised as him, it's some voice that sounds more like like Jerry Jewell. And Scar's voice is better than in the previous episode, but he needs to speak up a bit more.

The script was solid, though, with no big signs of unnecessary rewrites, and overall the performances blended in well.

I still think the first series handled the scene where Scar corners the brothers better, though. And not to mention either way, there were tons of armed soldiers and they should have shot him immediately instead of standing around while he escaped. Sometimes I think the Amestrian military is the most incompetent fighting force in fiction.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Mar 14 2010, 04:52 AM
Post #394

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

epsiode 5 was done really well! The VA's did a awesome job!

Maxey did sooo good! I was very pleased!
I've gotten used to Scar's new VA, and I think he did pretty good!

I agree with PenguinTruth, that the scene where Cornello is talking to Lust, he doesn't even sound like Cornello! I know that it's really Envy, but he still should sound like Cornello.

Yay! Envy shows up!! His voice is good, but I hope that the VA knows that Envy is a little different in this series.

I LOVED how Travis is voicing Mustang!! Serious when he needs to be, but not too serious. the scene where he tries to do alchemy in he rain was priceless. Awesome job!!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Mar 14 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #395

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

I CANNOT stand Scar's new voice. There's just no...what's the word....texture? To his voice. He sounds as emotional as the Terminator, no joke.

The first Scar from the first anime did a MUCH better job. You sensed the emotion that he was out for blood.

*shrug* =|

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Irena
post Mar 14 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #396

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,592

Man, Travis sounds better than ever. Makes me very happy. :>

Maxey's Alphonse is getting better every episode - I think I like her just as much as I liked Aaron.

Still kinda iffy with Wendy Powell's Envy - I always thought that rough voice didn't really fit. I kinda hoped she would change it up a bit more.

I'm not sure how to feel about Scar's new voice. I never really cared for his anime-1 voice, but this one sounds kind of . . . blah. Maybe it's just me.

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Mar 14 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #397

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

I have to say that I still think Maxey's Al sounds a bit girly... but she is still okay. I don't think she could ever be as good as Aaron though.

The scar scene wasn't as emotional as the first anime was. Scar's voice actor is pretty good. Overall it was a great episode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 14 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #398

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Mar 14 2010, 05:52 AM) *
I agree with PenguinTruth, that the scene where Cornello is talking to Lust, he doesn't even sound like Cornello! I know that it's really Envy, but he still should sound like Cornello.

Ah, yeah. If Cornello's voice actor can't do a recognizable imitation of Envy's voice, then he should just keep talking in the Cornello voice. Don't give us a voice that sounds like neither of them!

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Mar 14 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #399

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

Dubwise, I like this ep a lot. I mean, Maxey's Al was pretty spot-on for the most part, but at some points Al sounded completely like a girl.

Vic was Ed and... yeah, not much to say about it. It was as it usually is.

And wow I am seriously loving how Travis is doing Roy. It sounded exactly as I had hoped for when I read volume 2 of the manga a LONG time ago. I love it. High-five to you, Mr. Willingham.

Colleen's Hawkeye is better than it was last series, but I would like her pitch to just be a tad more higher. Whenever Hawkeye speaks, my bro decides to go and make his voice as deep as possible and repeat Hawkeye's line, once again solidifying his opinion of Hawkeye's manly voice. At least it isn't super manly like last series... but I'd still like it a tad higher.

Sabat and Straight were of course spot-on, as they often are. I ask so much of some of the other VAs sometimes, I often forget to shower those two with praise for their awesome, usually flawless, voice acting.

SCAR. I don't like it. He has this weird accent thing and I feel no terror in him at all. To me, he sounds like some European hitman who lacks emotion when completing a job. Out of nowhere, he reminded me of Gaara from the Naruto dub (granted I never watched Naruto in sub)- saying what he needed to say without emotion at all. At this point, I'm really starting to miss Dameon Clarke's Scar, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought Clarke would've been great for Brotherhood...

Anyways, cool dubbed ep.

+Quote Post
IceSkadi
post Mar 15 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #400

Citizen

Member No.: 72,103

I've just seen some part of the first five episodes dubbed in english and, despite english is not my native language, I would like to give my opinion about it : D

First of all I think that in english the whole FMA has a completely different atmosphere, but it happens with other dubs as well.

My favorite voices so far are Armstrong, Riza, and Envy's one. Alex's dubber makes a voice quite similar to the original one while Riza's voice is the best one that I've heard so far for this character (the japanese one is too high imo and the one in my own language is good, but too deep and sometimes it has a strange accent). Envy's voice is almost exactly how I imagined it for that character! It really fits it.

My least favorite voice is the one of Ed. Seems like the dubber uses the same tone of voice for everything, sad or happy scenes, but maybe it's just me that can't get the variations of tone in his voice...dunno. Oh and I don't really like Lust voice too. It's too soft for that character.

For the other characters I think that Roy's voice is very good, but too deep for my tastes while Al's one sounded strange at the beginning but in the fifth episode was quite great biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Mar 17 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #401

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (IceSkadi @ Mar 15 2010, 08:42 PM) *
Seems like the dubber uses the same tone of voice for everything, sad or happy scenes, but maybe it's just me that can't get the variations of tone in his voice...dunno.

I often feel the same about many Japanese dubs... I think it's just the language barrier, it's hard to tell the difference between little nuances in speech, of a language that's not your own.

Anyway, I'm a bit late this week but here you go:

Ed sounding great, as is Al. I genuinely thought I heard Aaron's old voice as Al a few times when he spoke during this episode. I don't know whether it's just because I have his voice permanently ingrained in my mind, of they really are starting to sound similar.

Roy was awesome, his voice this time is definitely the same but different... and that's a good thing. To be honest though, with the kind of lines Roy has this time, it would be hard not to change the voice a little. Many of his lines so far have required a lighter, less serious tone whereas last series, there wasn't much room for that.

Don't really like Scar, I preferred his old voice a lot more.

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Mar 20 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #402

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

Did Brice Armstrong return as the voice of Marcoh in ep 6? He sounds different...

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Mar 20 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #403

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

I'm not sure what to think of Brice Armstrong's performance. It was definitely different from the first series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Mar 20 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #404

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

If that's Brice Armstrong as Marcoh, he's doing a horrible job. I thought his Marcoh in the first series was perfect. Why would they change it? If it's a replacement, I wouldn't be surprised at all. This Marcoh voice is unacceptable.

It figures. One of the few voices I liked in the first dub, they have to go change it.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 20 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #405

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

Ah well, this show didn't even give him a chance to say, "You're going to die right here, monster!"

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 01:11 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css