HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions, List of English VA casts on the first post
Vlyse
post Mar 7 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #376

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,791

Oh? Did I just hear Ishbal, from Armstrong? tongue.gif Oh well. I hope they try to keep the messups to a minimum.

Maxey is improving every episode and does kinda sound like Aaron I guess, except without being annoying. She sounds louder now, too, so that helps.

I also noticed something about Roy's voice, and Breda has a different VA (Jeremy Inman) which seems to be more serious this time around. Havoc's VA also seemed to be more serious. All good things for what's to come.

I applaud Tatum's Scar, sounds much more deeper and masculine, necessary for the change in Scar's character. Dameon's Scar was alright for the first series where Scar seemed to be with less muscles huh.gif , but I don't think he could have pulled off Brotherhood's Scar.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 7 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #377

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I heard ishBal. And glared at Armstrong. I even rewound it a few times. It was a B. Shame the sound people didn't catch that.
But, lets hope they fix it for the DVD.

That was my own big complaint on the episode.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Mar 7 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #378

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

Oh lol I didn't even notice. To be honest there isn't much difference between a V and a B in the way they sound, and he'll be used to saying it the previous way from the last series.

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 7 2010, 01:28 PM
Post #379

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Mar 7 2010, 12:12 AM) *
I'm sorry penguintruth, but somebody has got to say it. Why do you insist on reiterating? You pretty much say the same thing exact same thing every single time a new dubbed episode comes on. Why do you even bother watching the dub if you hate it so much? Forgive me, I'm not trying to start argument. These are honest questions. I just want to know why somebody would sit and torture themselves by watching a dub they dislike and constantly post it so. Do you do it just for the sake of coming on here and ranting about how much you hate Vic, etc...? I really am curious...

It's because he's deluded himself into thinking his opinions are valued and anticipated, so it would be best to just ignore him. Saves you a headache as well.

I noticed Ishbal too, so I hope they go back and change the other Ishvals to Ishbal, as well.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 7 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #380

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

QUOTE (Little Washu @ Mar 7 2010, 02:28 PM) *
It's because he's deluded himself into thinking his opinions are valued and anticipated, so it would be best to just ignore him.

But I value and anticipate his opinions, so his delusion is right! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Mar 7 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #381

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

Okay, okay. Play nice, everyone. To be honest, I haven't seen Penguintruth razz on Vic too much lately; the most he's said in a while is "Vic is...the same as usual." And while it may be irritating for us to hear him complain about the dub all the time, we need to move on. He's an intelligent guy and he's perfectly entitled to his own opinions, so let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

As Vic put it, "Stop messing with each other just because people don't like what you like. Stop being mean to each other! For God's sake, I can't believe this kind of thing goes on. You know what? You guys are part of a huge family who loves a lot of the same things...and yet people still find things to fight about. Stop that crap!"

Even if you don't like him or his voice acting, you have to agree with him there. tongue.gif At the end of the day, we all love FMA...and that's all that really matters.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled...stuff. xD

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Mar 7 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #382

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

If you disagree with my opinions, raise an argument. Otherwise, calling me out for being negative just sounds like you can't handle the discussion.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Mar 7 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #383

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

*facepalm* And now it's my turn to say that you obviously don't pay attention to what others say. I wasn't trying to call you out nor did I want to argue and I stated that plain as day in my first post. I was just asking why it is you repeat yourself about the dub when everybody is well aware you hate it already and that's all. Did you ever stop and think that perhaps maybe I DO agree with some of your opinions? No, you didn't. Instead you merely jump to the conclusion that I disagree with you when I never once said I disagreed with you. No, you're the one who had to get all nasty and start the insulting. But as I said, nevermind. Just drop it. Though a word of advice. You really need to stop thinking so highly of yourself and your opinions. Your opinions are just that, opinions and nothing else. They're no better or worse than anybody else's. I wasn't even calling you out, disagreeing or criticizing you. I was just merely inquiring. I guess people aren't allowed to ask simple questions anymore, but I digress. I'm done here.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Mar 7 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #384

State Alchemist (Major)

You're the one making a big deal about my opinions. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Mar 7 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #385

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

So, hey, actually gonna talk about the episode! :D

Ed, Al, and Roy are just about the same as earlier. I haven't noticed any change to Travis Willingham's voice acting from last series to this one, I'm not sure what everyone's hearing. Huh.

Nina's voice was so annoying I was actually happy when she turned into a chimera so I wouldn't have to hear it anymore. Granted, she was annoying in the last series, so nothing really new.

Tucker did his role well, forgive me I don't know the name of his voice actor, but he did a good job sounding like the creep his character is. I think it was the same voice actor as the last series, but I'm not sure.

Scar sounds kinda bored. Yeah, he's just saying the lines. But, I'm sure he'll do better as time goes on. He was sort of muttering the whole time, (which I guess he was supposed to do), so it makes me wonder how he'll sound when he's yelling.

Actually, it's probably better that I don't compare FMA1 to FMA2. I should focus on this as a whole other series, but I can't help but remember the last series. It's what got into FMA in the first place!

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Mar 7 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #386

State Alchemist (Major)

The voice of Tucker is Chuck Huber, who played Hiei in Yu Yu Hakusho, Hiro Nohara in Shin-chan, and Android 17 in Dragon Ball Z.

I think he did a lot better this time around than in the first series. Maybe better direction? I like how he didn't start off with some sort of weird accent and then drop it. He really nailed that scene where he snaps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 7 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #387

Apprentice

Funnily enough, I thought Scar was developing some kind of English accent toward the end of the episode, when he finally stopped whispering.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Mar 7 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #388

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ Mar 7 2010, 08:02 PM) *
Funnily enough, I thought Scar was developing some kind of English accent toward the end of the episode, when he finally stopped whispering.

I couldn't hear him well enough to tell.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 7 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #389

Apprentice

I dunno, it was like whatever accent it is that Chris Sabat uses for Major Armstrong.

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Mar 7 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #390

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

I find the voice acting better than the first anime. Armstrong and Roy DEFINETLY improved. Roy just sounded the same all throughout the first series, I think the variety this time around is better.

Now regardless of skill, the one thing that matters to me is delivery. Quality of the voice itself is a given, but they do what they have to do, but I don't want some half-dramatic or over the top line being spoken, makes it sound goofy.

I think Vic commands a good presence when he voices Ed, and Maxey's voice is improving each episode. I wish it was Aaron but eh, what can ya do. I actually think Maxey adds a little bit of seriousness in Alphonse, unlike the first series (now this is just my opinion and I might be wrong) where it felt like Aaron was trying but wasn't quite there. He was good though, no doubt about it.

Scar....the old Scar just sounded cold-blooded to the core and it matched his character. This one, is just a hollow shell.

In conclusion, what is, is. The voice actors aren't changing from here on in.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 07:11 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css