HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions, List of English VA casts on the first post
Equivalent Excha...
post Sep 26 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,216

I am EXTREAMLY EXCITED for the cast! Congrats on their roles, and people? Please. No matter what part Aaron gets, it showed FUNimation isn't going 'you're too deep for Al; NEEEXT!' on him and casting him aside. Simply due to this, whatever part Aaron gets, I'll be happy as a clam; EVEN IF it sucks.

Just my little 2 cents in the debate 8D

--------------------
Humankind cannot gain anything,
without first giving something in return;
to obtain,
something of equal value must be lost...

That is alchemy's first law; of
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Sep 26 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

I'm not worried about Colleen as Riza... she's proven herself to be very in tune with the FMA characters, since she directed the first series... so she'll probably pick up on the differences between Riza in the first series and in Brotherhood. Also don't mind Al's recasting.. after hearing a bit of Maxey's work, I think the voice will work!

I am very excited that Ed Blaylock is back as Bradley. His voice was just too awesome. XD And Travis Willingham and Mike McFarland, of course! Hoping that Envy stays the same.. I really liked Wendy Powell in that role. Gosh, so much to think about now! Such as the new characters... I for one, am not comfortable with the idea of Aaron playing Ling. I was pretty disappointed with his role in Ouran (which was the last thing I heard Aaron in) and I can't really imagine him playing Ling. But considering it's going to be a "big role" who knows..

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Bearded One
post Sep 26 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 71,214

Does anyone know who will be doing the new minor voices like Lan Fan, Fu, McDougal etc.?

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Sep 27 2009, 02:36 AM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Sep 26 2009, 06:32 PM) *
Remember that who ever is cast as ling will have to voice the new Greed. Remember that Ling becomes Greed.
I'll be happy whoever he voices because I'm happy that they want to keep him for this anime.

No he wouldn't have to voice the new Greed because when Ling is taken over by Greed he speaks in Greed's voice. I'm not sure about the new series but this definatly happens in the manga because when Bido sees Greed as Ling one of the ways he recognises him is his voice. I quote "The Ultimate Shield...? And that voice..that laugh.. you bastard..trying to pretend you're Mister Greed.."
I'm pretty sure this means that Chris Patton would voice the new Greed as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Sep 27 2009, 06:10 AM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

i guess, I allways thought Bido was referring more to Greelings intonations, choice of words, speaking patterns etc rather than the voice so much, I thought it to differ from Ling's but since Greed is in Ling's body and using his voice box, that it was still a voice Ling himself could physically do xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Sep 27 2009, 06:14 AM
Post #36

Apprentice

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 27 2009, 06:10 AM) *
i guess, I allways thought Bido was referring more to Greelings intonations, choice of words, speaking patterns etc rather than the voice so much, I thought it to differ from Ling's but since Greed is in Ling's body and using his voice box, that it was still a voice Ling himself could physically do xD

Ah you could be right there we'll just have to find out. though I still think Greed will talk in his original voice in such scenes when Greed and Ling talk to each other in his head.

--------------------

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Sep 27 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

Am I the only one who likes Colleen as Riza? mellow.gif I've heard two different not-so-good voices of Riza in this series (Japanese dub and Filipino dub) so I'm really looking forward to hearing a deeper, more mature voice like Colleen's.

And I'm happy that Vic will be back as Ed. Yay. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Sep 27 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

QUOTE (mellulah @ Sep 27 2009, 09:14 AM) *
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 27 2009, 06:10 AM) *

Ah you could be right there we'll just have to find out. though I still think Greed will talk in his original voice in such scenes when Greed and Ling talk to each other in his head.

I kinda have to agree with Forsaken Love. I just read the volume where Bido runs into Greedling, and if I remember correctly, he didn't say "why do you sound like Greed?", or something like that.
I may have to re-read that chapter.tongue.gif
But I'm thinking that Greedling would speak like Greed, but sound like Ling
Eh, whatever. I'm still just happy that Aaron will be voicing a character in the new anime, instead of being pushed aside.

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Sep 27 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (sToRm GodDesS @ Sep 27 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Am I the only one who likes Colleen as Riza? mellow.gif I've heard two different not-so-good voices of Riza in this series (Japanese dub and Filipino dub) so I'm really looking forward to hearing a deeper, more mature voice like Colleen's.

And I'm happy that Vic will be back as Ed. Yay. laugh.gif

I like Colleen too, don't worry! I was surprised when I found out she did Rose's voice too.. they sound very different.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Sep 27 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I watched the Funimation dub of the first FMA series religiously so I really like the English voices. I have never heard of Maxey Whitehead. But I am open to her. I have not heard Aaron since Trinity Blood when he played Ion and his voice was just starting to change.

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Sep 28 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

Good, a different Al. He might actually be bearable this time around then.

Too bad Wendy Powell is returning as Envy. She ruined his character in the dub of the first series and now she'll do it again in Brotherhood. Guess I won't be bothering with it.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Sep 28 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

im very annoied shes returned as envy, the original japanese voice for envy annoied me too, way too girly, but in brotherhood its exactly how i imagined it (bar been in japanese XD) and is perfect for his character, the moment i heard it i was like 'OMG ENVY I FREAKIN LOVE YOUR VA!!!! ITS PERFEEEEEEEEEEECT!' lulz I was hoping the english would hire someone new to give us a voice similar to that but i dont really care about the dub anyway so im not too bothered XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Sep 28 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #43

Apprentice

Am I the only one who liked Wendy Powell as Envy? I mean his VA now is perfect but I am perfectly happy with watching either version. Anyone with me?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Sep 28 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #44

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

For the most part, I'm rather pleased with the fact that most of the original cast is returning. Also, I can't wait to see how they handle the really emotional scenes as certain scenes with the Japanese VAs were absolutely on the money.

Plus the fact that there's more dialogue that fleshes out all of the characters should demonstrate their range.

PS - Travis, please lighten up Roy's voice this time around. He's way more goofier and lighthearted in the manga, and Shinichiro Miki's done a great job in making Roy sound like a twenty-something year old.

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Sep 28 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #45

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

QUOTE (mellulah @ Sep 28 2009, 01:02 PM) *
Am I the only one who liked Wendy Powell as Envy? I mean his VA now is perfect but I am perfectly happy with watching either version. Anyone with me?

I thought she did an okay job,not terrible and not amazing either...

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2016 - 07:52 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css