HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions, List of English VA casts on the first post
kkg22104
post Sep 25 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,640

Hey guys! I saw this news today online from Anime News Network, and Funimation has announced the English dub cast for Brotherhood! Here's the link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...-d-anime-stages

Basically it says that all the same voice actors will be returning, but Maxey Whitehead will be playing Al instead of Aaron. But don't worry, Aaron will be back for a "big role" later on. I'm predicting that it's Ling biggrin.gif

English Voice Cast

Edward Elric: Vic Mignogna
Alphonse Elric: Maxey Whitehead
Winry Rockbell: Caitlin Glass
Riza Hawkeye: Coleen Clinkenbeard
Roy Mustang: Travis Willingham
Louis Armstrong: Christopher Sabat
Lust: Laura Bailey
Gluttony: Chris Cason
Envy: Wendy Powell
Greed: Chris Patton
Maes Hughes: Sonny Strait
Jean Havoc: Mike McFarland
Heymans Breda: Jeremy Inman
Kain Fuery: Kevin M. Connolly
Vato Falman: Kyle Hebert
Pinako Rockbell: Juli Erickson
Shou Tucker: Chuck Huber
Zolf Kimblee: Eric Vale
Martel: Tiffany Grant
Bido: Greg Ayres
Dorochet: John Burgmeier
Paninya: Cynthia Cranz
Rose: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Cornello: Andy Mullins
Nina Tucker: Brina Palencia
Izumi Curtis: Christine Auten
Sig Curtis: Bob Carter
Trisha Elric: Lydia Mackay
Scar: J Micheal Tatum
Maria Ross: Meredith McCoy
Denny Brosh: Jim Foronda
Sciezka: Gwendolyn Lau
Bradley: Ed Blaylock
Basque Grand: R Bruce Elliott
Gracia Hughes: Anastasia Munoz
Elicia Highes: Cherami Leigh
Garfiel: Antimere Robinson
Yoki: Barry Yandell
Number 48: Bill Jenkins
Number 66: Jerry Jewell
Narrator: Kent Williams
The Gate of Truth: Luci Christian
Ling Yao: Todd Haberkorn
Lan Fan: Trina Nishimura
May Chang: Monica Rial
Shao May: Tia Ballard
Fu: Kenny Green
Young Hohenheim: Aaron Dismuke
Father: Kent Williams
Selim Bradley: Brittney Karbowski
Mrs. Bradley: Dana Shultes
Scar's brother: Duncan Brannan
Giolo Comanche: Charlie Campbell
Van Hohenheim: John Swasey
-------
ETA: Dec. 17, 2010, from hawkflame's post here. ^^
Darius: George Manley
Heinkel: Bradley Campbell
Jerso: Andrew Love
Zanpano: Chris Rager
Sloth: Patrick Seitz
Buccaneer: Phil Parsons
Miles: Jason Douglas
Madam Christmas: Pam Dougherty
Olivier: Stephanie Young

ETA: Feb. 4, 2010, by Tombow
For the news on the airing dates on AdultSwim (U.S.) please see this post. smile.gif
Reason for edit: Updated the list of the voice cast - Michiyo

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Sep 25 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 06:01 PM) *
Hey guys! I saw this news today online from Anime News Network, and Funimation has announced the English dub cast for Brotherhood! Here's the link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...-d-anime-stages

Basically it says that all the same voice actors will be returning, but Maxey Whitehead will be playing Al instead of Aaron. But don't worry, Aaron will be back for a "big role" later on. I'm predicting that it's Ling biggrin.gif

NOOOOO! why did they have to cast a woman as Al!! I hate it when the Japanese and/or the English cast women to play boys, especially if they are around the age that their voice should be becoming deeper. At least They kept Vic and Caitlin I am so excited about that with all of the Ed and Winry scenes!! Maybe Aaron will be Ling,but I not really sure about him as the role of Ling...

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Sep 25 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

your epic for findin this kat-chan and i agree with you i am reaaaaaally expecting aaron to play ling now, oh and i found what i belive is a clip of al's new voice, it dont actually sound that bad, when in character and with the armour echo i think it will sound good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd3RG6pSBIs im pretty sure shes the little boy talkin in this vid,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 25 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #4

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@kkg22104 - Oh, thank you so much for finding that news!!! happy.gif

(We'll probably move this to an appropriate thread later, but for now let's keep this here for everyone to see. Meantime, everyone, please feel free to go ahead and add your posts! ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Sep 25 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 06:13 PM) *
NOOOOO! why did they have to cast a woman as Al!! I hate it when the Japanese and/or the English cast women to play boys, especially if they are around the age that their voice should be becoming deeper. At least They kept Vic and Caitlin I am so excited about that with all of the Ed and Winry scenes!! Maybe Aaron will be Ling,but I not really sure about him as the role of Ling...

Woah, Maxey Whitehead is a woman? o_O I didn't know that, I just kind of assumed that it would be a guy...well that's interesting. I hope she does a good job as Al, because I'm sure people will be comparing her to Aaron.

What other kind of "big role" can there be? For now, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ling.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 25 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #6

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Woah, Maxey Whitehead is a woman? o_O

Yes, she is.
Too bad about Aaron having the voice change.. though I understand, and kind of expected a new VA for Al. Hope she will make a good Al. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Sep 25 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 25 2009, 03:13 PM) *
your epic for findin this kat-chan and i agree with you i am reaaaaaally expecting aaron to play ling now, oh and i found what i belive is a clip of al's new voice, it dont actually sound that bad, when in character and with the armour echo i think it will sound good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd3RG6pSBIs im pretty sure shes the little boy talkin in this vid,

Oooh, thanks for finding that clip! She doesn't sound bad at all! I felt SO nervous when I heard a woman would be playing Alphonse (Aaron, why did you have to grow up? sad.gif ), but now I feel a little better. biggrin.gif

Eeeeeee!!! I can't WAIT for Vic and Caitlen to do all the EdWin scenes! wub.gif And it looks like Brotherhood has FINALLY kicked into gear (it only took, oh I dunno...19 FREAKIN' EPISODES to warm up and settle into the pace... >__>) so Vic's got some reeeaaally awesome material to work with. biggrin.gif *bounces excitedly*

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Sep 25 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Wendy Powell is returning as Envy? Ugh.

I hope they do a better job with this dub than the first one.

It dismays, but doesn't surprise me, that Vic Mignogna will continue to mess up Edward Elric. He's a terribly medicore VA and his Edward is painful to listen to. Same thing with Catlin Glass's earsplittingly bad Winry, Chris Patton's flat Greed, and Travis Willingham's half-hearted Roy Mustang.

I'm surprised, and glad, that they replaced Dameon Clarke as Scar. I can't say the same for Alphonse, because Aaron Dismuke was one of the few good voices in the original dub.

Hopefully Brina Pelencia doesn't play Nina as a brain-damaged girl this time. "Wittle bwig bwatha", indeed. (Children do not actually speak that way.)

Anyway, the DVDs will be bilingual, so I don't have to listen to the English dub, but it burns me up that people could like Vic as Ed. He's going to get even more popular now and be in more dubs to the point where I'll be unable to watch anything dubbed. Romi Paku is brilliant as Ed, and Vic will never be that good.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
The Bearded One
post Sep 25 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 71,214

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 05:39 PM) *

Woah, Maxey Whitehead is a woman? o_O I didn't know that, I just kind of assumed that it would be a guy...well that's interesting. I hope she does a good job as Al, because I'm sure people will be comparing her to Aaron.

What other kind of "big role" can there be? For now, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ling.

Pride?

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Sep 25 2009, 06:24 PM
Post #10

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

QUOTE (The Bearded One @ Sep 25 2009, 09:11 PM) *
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 05:39 PM) *

Pride?

Wait, is Pride the Fuhrer's son? If so then Aaron is too old to play him.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Sep 25 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #11

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Woohoo!! That's awesome! biggrin.gif And yay Vic!! I wonder if Caitlyn Glass will be back as Winry?

Awww, Penguin, I didn't think Wendy Powell did all that bad as Envy.

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Sep 25 2009, 07:26 PM) *
It dismays, but doesn't surprise me, that Vic Mignogna will continue to mess up Edward Elric. He's a terribly medicore VA and his Edward is painful to listen to. Same thing with Catlin Glass's earsplittingly bad Winry, Chris Patton's flat Greed, and Travis Willingham's half-hearted Roy Mustang.

I'm surprised, and glad, that they replaced Dameon Clarke as Scar. I can't say the same for Alphonse, because Aaron Dismuke was one of the few good voices in the original dub.

Hopefully Brina Pelencia doesn't play Nina as a brain-damaged girl this time. "Wittle bwig bwatha", indeed. (Children do not actually speak that way.)

Anyway, the DVDs will be bilingual, so I don't have to listen to the English dub, but it burns me up that people could like Vic as Ed. He's going to get even more popular now and be in more dubs to the point where I'll be unable to watch anything dubbed. Romi Paku is brilliant as Ed, and Vic will never be that good.

..oh please. It burns you up that people actually like Vic as Ed's voice actor? So now people can't have opinions because it pisses you off? I'm sorry but spare me. That's just ridiculous. Everybody's going to have their own opinions in regards to Vic or english voice acting in general. I've never seen anybody as negative as you are. What did you expect? A whole new voice cast? People would be raging. Maybe to you Vic will never be as god as Romi, but to others he IS just as good. I'm sorry but your comment was offensive towards those people who actually appreciate the english voice acting. Especially Vic.

And on that note, I'm quite excited to see the old cast back! I loved Caitlyn Glass's Winry, so that's even more exciting! biggrin.gif It's a shame we won't get Aaron back as Al, but it's also intriguing to know he'll be playing a major role. I actually DO hope it's Ling! biggrin.gif Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this information! It's very relieving to hear they're all coming back and exciting to know Aaron is still going to be in the anime! happy.gif

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Sep 25 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Sep 2 2009, 11:21 PM) *
Woohoo!! That's awesome! biggrin.gif And yay Vic!! I wonder if Caitlyn Glass will be back as Winry?

Awww, Penguin, I didn't think Wendy Powell did all that bad as Envy.

Well, I'm in the minority, probably, but I didn't like the dub overall. (In fact, I wrote a little something about it.)

I found Vic's Ed too dry and uneven, Dameon Clarke's Scar too generic, Catlin Glass's Winry annoying, Chris Patton's Greed flat, Wendy Powell's Envy misdirected (largely Mike McFarland's fault as ADR Director... he's not very good), and a lot of the script changes plain dumb. None of the principal players really captured the emotion of the original Japanese VAs, with the exception of Aaron Dismuke's Ed, Christine Auten's Izumi, and a few others.

That being said, they'd be pretty crazy to replace Vic as Ed, with the multitude of (tone deaf) fans. There'd be boycotts and riots. If Funimation wants to make money off of this show, they'll stick with Vic and I'll just watch the Japanese track. I've pretty much given up on getting a satisfactory FMA dub.

Chill, I'm not denying anyone their opinion, I just believe it'll add more irritation to me later when Vic's in every dub Funimation does. Every once in a while, I'd like to watch an anime in dubbed form without suffering through his voice.

Also, I already stated that I didn't really expect a whole new cast.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Sep 25 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Pride?

Yeah, if Aaron is too old to play Al, then there's no way he's going to be Pride, because he's around five or six years old.

About Vic, I do believe that he's a good voice actor but he never really fit Ed as well as Romi Paku does IMO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Sep 25 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #14

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 07:50 PM) *
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Pride?

Yeah, if Aaron is too old to play Al, then there's no way he's going to be Pride, because he's around five or six years old.

About Vic, I do believe that he's a good voice actor but he never really fit Ed as well as Romi Paku does IMO.

Hmmm I think he will more likely be Ling but about the Pride theory Maby not Pride as Seliem but maby as his evil homunculus voice. Ya know how in Brotherhood hes got 2 different voices.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Sep 26 2009, 02:40 AM
Post #15

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I never watched the dubbed series before and won't this series either, so whether I like them or not isn't of any importance. No true I didn't like their voices, but I'm not a big fan of dubs especially when their voices change so much from how I grew used to them listening.

I do feel however if the majority liked Vic et al then it is a good thing they have returned. It'll bring back fans who may have been unsure and it means the VA's are working with characters they know.

--------------------

+Quote Post

35 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 04:13 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css