HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 24: Inside The Belly - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 24 episodes!!
Hagaren_4ever
post Jul 25 2010, 06:44 AM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,311

To me Pride was god awful. Not that the voice sounded bad, but it was TOO echo-y. I had troube understanding what he was saying at first. His inunciation got better as the conversation went on, but ya know, whatever.

I find myself being constantly reminded of how awesome these episodes are. With the music, and the buildup. It's so nostaligic! biggrin.gif

I know that Funimation gets a bad rep for bad translations and bad voice acting, but I think that they do pretty good compared to the other languages dubs. A lot of them don't even care if they match the lip movements or not, making frustrating dubs like the Italian one, or they don't care if the voices fit or not, like the French one. I think English is probably the best dub I've heard.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Jul 25 2010, 07:32 AM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

last night's episode was great! I now like Ling's voice. Especially when he's serious and yelling. I think it fits the character (though, I still love his Japanese VA!).
Pride's voice was tough to hear. Sounded pretty good, but I want to hear it again.
Gluttony's VA was great! I just think he did a really good job. Everyone else was good, too, but the top voice was AL!! Maxey was so good! I actually got teary eyed was Al yelled "NOOOO!!!", after Ed got swallowed up.
Loving how we are moving along!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Elle-chan
post Jul 25 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 70,685

I love Lan Fans voice in this. Knox's voice is pretty good.
Lings trying to get use to.
Prides voice you could barely hear. The person did a pretty good job as selim.

Still not liking Al's voice though=(
Other than that it was a good episode.

Ling and Envy's fight was pretty good.

Though they're rushing the series a bit:(

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 25 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

The scenes of Edward and Envy yelling at each other are like a contest over who has the worst voice of the two.

I hated the dub of this episode. You can barely hear Pride, Marcoh's new voice is awful, General Raven sounds way over the top, and Mrs. Bradley seems to be voiced by a machine or a person who has no voice acting training at all.

The only plus is just how improved Ling's voice has become and of course Al's voice is still excellent.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Elle-chan
post Jul 25 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 70,685

I love Envy and Eds voice. Their argument was hilariousX3

Al's new va I don't like it that much.

Raven's voice is bad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jul 25 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #51

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

I used to prefer Vic to Romi but after watching the whole show in Japanese... I dunno, Vic just doesn't sound right for the character anymore. He doesn't really capture Ed's rude, jerky side very well.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Mysteria
post Jul 26 2010, 07:05 AM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 74,850

I was like, "MAJORSQUEENESS TWO MORE EPISODES TO HAPPINESSS!!!" the whole time, XD.

I'm also knida iffy with pride's voice. I was wondering how they'd do his voice, since it's kinda funky.
I'm sooo glad they didn't have Mei in that episode... VA=T.T to the ears.
Ling is awesomus. lulz. And I just love that sword thing he does while fighting Envy.

All I gots for nowz.

+Quote Post
Icy12
post Jul 26 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #53

Citizen

Member No.: 66,541

For many years I was extremely anti-dub. But when the manga ended, I found myself watching the dub series on Adult Swim every Saturday...I guess it's my way of keeping FMA alive. And since then, I have started to appreciate the dubbed voices....to an extent. And Pride's voice went beyond the extent lol.

Honestly, I was very dissapointed when Pride started talking. I personally felt they should have deepened his voice. Later during the scene with Selim reading his essay about his "dad" it was very obvious that it was him talking to Wrath earlier.

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jul 26 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #54

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

@Icy12: I agree with you on Pride's voice. I did not like it a bit. Sure, it kept whole essence of "Whoa Pride is just a kid, so him being Selim Bradley makes "sense"". But that's just it! Because his voice was as "squeaky" as it was, if a viewer was smart enough, or at least thought it out hard enough, Pride's alias would be dead obvious. I feel that Pride's voice needs to have more of a "creepy", maybe scratchy feeling. With the same VA, sure, but toss in the scratchiness of Envy and maybe that could fly. You what, now I'm thinking of anime1 Wrath

But lately, I've been watching the dub with a friend who recently just got into FMA (and is only following the dub) and he has no clue at all to who Pride is. In fact, he keeps insisting it's an alien since Pride's name wasn't even mentioned in the conversation he had with Wrath and he won't even let me tell him Pride's name is Pride and so that he can be put into the league of Homunculi and not aliens tongue.gif. biggrin.gif So maybe it's not as obvious as it seems.

Other than my complaint for Pride, I think everyone else did fine. I've always been a fan of Ling's voice. It works for me, and here, his VA seemed to be getting more comfortable with Ling as well. It's starting to feel more natural now smile.gif. I have a minor complaint with Knox, but he's a minor character anyways. Raven was... okay. Didn't really care, honestly. Bradley was amazing- he's always been IMO. His wife on the other hand sounds so fake, it makes me think she's actually aware of Bradley being a homunculus, with her fake "happiness". Maxi's Al was great, but when that scream came after Gluttony ate Ed, Ling, and Envy, it sounded really girly. Travis and Colleen did fine this ep, though I still think Riza's a bit erm... deep. Ed and Envy were awesome too. smile.gif

My 520 cenz two cents there.

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Jul 27 2010, 06:09 AM
Post #55

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

Add me as someone else who's not a fan of the Pride voice. I know of at least two people on another board who are watching Brotherhood for the first time and picked up the similarity between Pride's and Selim's voices. They should have done something to make it a little raspier.

Other than that, I thought that the new Marcoh had markedly improved, and the rest of the dub was generally up to the standards of Brotherhood so far.

+Quote Post
Amalthea
post Jul 28 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #56

Alchemists

Member No.: 44,604

I like Riza's new English dub a lot, much more than her last one. Roy's voice suits him too (did he get a new VA?) Lanfan's is very good well. Ling's... I'm not crazy about. I'm looking forward to hearing Greed though! biggrin.gif

I don't know why people dislike Envy's. It suits an androgynous character that leans towards a male quite well. Yeah, strange description, but hey, Envy isn't exactly normal.

I gotta admit, I really don't like Vic for Ed anymore. Romi's voice fits Ed like a glove, so hearing Vic just doesn't work. =/

Overall, Sub > Dub

--------------------

Thank you, Ms. Arakawa, for sharing this wonderful, enriching story that has affected so many of us!

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jul 28 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #57

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

Admittedly they should have done something to differentiate between Pride's and Selim's voices. But if it was scratchier he might sound just like Truth. I dunno. I liked it.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jul 29 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

i have to say that although the dub has been improving , pride's voice wasn't up to scratch . otherwise i'm pretty satisfied with the thing. ling's voice is good...)))

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 27 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #59

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

For anyone who missed episode it's on again on Adult Swim (U.S.) tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 04:13 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css