*Episode Preview from FMA-2 official JP site: (Translation by Tombow, with episode title from official sub on Funimation.com) Episode 24: "Inside the Belly" TBF.... (currently I'm having problem opening up pages on the official JP site.. I'll fill in this one later. ^^)
Episode Summary: (To be filled)
Characters in this episode: (To be filled)
Locations: (excluding review and preview scenes, to be filled)
Sound Track info for this episode that's known to us so far: (To be filled)
FMA manga reference: To the readers of FMA manga (To be filled)
Joined: 10-July 09
From: Lincoln, Uk
Member No.: 70,019
Good episode this week with one rather minor problem in the grand scheme of things but I'll get to that:
- The scene with Marcoh worked well, and did it's job of telling the Brotherhood audience everything that the Manga audience had pretty much known at this point, plus Marcoh's 'giant transmutation circle' theory. Not surprised nor bothered that they cut Wrath telling Envy to go pick up Gluttony, as it wasn't 100% necessary and all it really did was show Envy's role as the eternal middle man of the Homunculus.
- Gluttony's voice has officially grown on me, I don't think the original voice would've worked nearly as well during his rampaging scene.
- I actually laughed at some moments during this episode, the humour used was near perfect.
- As was some of the animation.
- Changing Envy from Horse to Dog is an actual improvement. Mostly because as already pointed out, Envy spying on Ling and Lan Fan as a horse would've been a bit obvious, but also because I dunno, a dog makes more sense to me now I've seen it.
- Love Pride's voice, it's perfect.
- Like how they kept Envy sinking into the ground but he can perch on a tree branch with now effect on it whatsoever. Reminds me of the first opening...
- Re: what szarancza said about Selim's paper. I'd figured that Selim's use of the word 'father' was meant doubley (as it ALWAYS is) but I hadn't twigged that it was a warning until you said it. Glad they put it in to be honest, after they cut his scene from the Ling/Wrath Ed/Scar fights.
- Okay now to address the problem I have. Is Envy saying Wrath or Lust? It really, REALLY sounds like he says Lust at least the second time. Either that or he's saying 'Wrato' which would be fine if ANYONE else pronounced Wrath that way. Go back and listen to Pride, he doesn't put and 'o' on teh end. So I'm not sure if this is a screw up or just some Japanese grammar pecularity I don't understand. Either way it made me do a double take as, as pointed out, Ling hasn't so much as seen Lust let alone fight her.
- On reflection, Envy's conversation with Marcoh at the beginning about Hughes and what he does here by transforming into Lan Fan, really show alot about his character or at least they do when I look back having read up to date in the Manga. You'll see what I mean.
- Envy transforming into crippled Lan Fan makes more sense all around, but I still think it shows more of Ling's character to have her in the mask. The fact that Envy could transform into a version of Lan Fan where her face is obscured and it still makes him hesitate, shows how much Ling cares for Lan Fan.
- Okay what the hell is that conversation with Raven about Grumman about? I mean since when was he ever Soft-hearted? I'm really, really confused about that...
- Love the scene where Mustang realises the entire military command is corrupt and confronts Wrath, so good.
- Anyone else get series one vibes when Ed wakes up inside Gluttony's stomach? Maybe it was the music, I dunno.
- Oh Mr Narrator, ou make me giggle each week with your little 'nudge, nudge, wink, winks' to the Manga readers EVERY WEEK.