HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 22: Backs In The Distance - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 22 episodes!!
Rating 5 V
TheSentinel
post Sep 6 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,527

Loved the flash back scene. The blue eyes were a particularly nice touch.

Can't wait to see the full Ishval flashback.

A minor note: Wrath's sword broke like in the manga (good), he kept using it (good), and the animators didn't screw up and 'fix' it mid battle (good).

--------------------
Tomorrow's forecast:
An expected high of 68 degrees, partly cloudy, with a chance of DOOM!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Sep 6 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

Can't wait to see the full Ishval flashback.

I'm pretty sure it wont be shown in full.

The way they pace things they NEVER repeat scenes. You think they'll use a third of an episode on a flashback here and then show the same scenes again?

The Ishval flashback when it's meant to happen is going to be a heavily compressed summary, of the scenes not in the anime yet, if it even happens. I could still see them just moving all the other scenes from the flashback to other episodes and then just having Hawkeye, Knox and Marcoh "explain" but just skipping to the end of the story to show that the characters now know.

Anyway I liked the episode. I guess in retrospect the gun scene wasn't QUITE as powerful as the manga but the Ishval scenes were virtually perfect and I think all around everything else was handled well.

Looks like the Hohenheim cart scene is probably gone though.

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Sep 6 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

OMG OMG! I just looked at the screen shots and there is EdxWinry in this episode ahhhhhh! I need a sub right now!! Can anyone PM me a link foe the sub as soon as one is out (I need one to watch not download) biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheSentinel
post Sep 6 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #19

Citizen

QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Sep 6 2009, 12:20 PM) *
I'm pretty sure it wont be shown in full.

The way they pace things they NEVER repeat scenes. You think they'll use a third of an episode on a flashback here and then show the same scenes again?

The Ishval flashback when it's meant to happen is going to be a heavily compressed summary, of the scenes not in the anime yet, if it even happens. I could still see them just moving all the other scenes from the flashback to other episodes and then just having Hawkeye, Knox and Marcoh "explain" but just skipping to the end of the story to show that the characters now know.

Anyway I liked the episode. I guess in retrospect the gun scene wasn't QUITE as powerful as the manga but the Ishval scenes were virtually perfect and I think all around everything else was handled well.

It wouldn't surprise me either. While, I agree with whoever mentioned making the Isvhal flashback into its own movie, as long as they keep the key elements of the ishval flashback and keep up the good quality of said flashbacks I'll be happy.

So far both of the flashbacks have been pretty awesome.

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 6 2009, 12:25 PM) *
OMG OMG! I just looked at the screen shots and there is EdxWinry in this episode ahhhhhh! I need a sub right now!! Can anyone PM me a link foe the sub as soon as one is out (I need one to watch not download) biggrin.gif

I recommend googling 'Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood ep. 22 sub' sometime tomorrow.

I don't recall seeing any subs until the day after. So sometime on monday, if your in the US.

--------------------
Tomorrow's forecast:

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Sep 6 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

No I'm not in the Us,I'm in Canada. I usually watch it on Mondays but I can't really wait this time...

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheSentinel
post Sep 6 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #21

Citizen

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 6 2009, 12:54 PM) *
No I'm not in the Us,I'm in Canada. I usually watch it on Mondays but I can't really wait this time...

I was referring to the U.S. area timezones. Canada gets included. Good hunting for a fansub before tomorrow though, it takes some time to produce.

--------------------
Tomorrow's forecast:

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Sep 6 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

^Yeah, I'm in the UK and I always have to wait until Monday to find a sub.

+Quote Post
Cece
post Sep 6 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Sep 6 2009, 04:46 AM) *
My initial thoughts:
- I never liked this Winry scene, because I always felt that, parents' death or not, Winry is too mature to raise a gun at Scar out of vengeance.

Wow. Harsh much? Look penguintruth I don't think anyone would be mature in that situation if their parents killer was right in front of them especially since he killed them and they saved his life. You're really heartless. I probably would do the same thing as Winry except I would have actually killed him.

I really liked the Ishbal flashback though I prefer this slower pacing instead of them skipping out on a lot of content. Overall I think the episode was good. I wish there had been more drama and the artists took more time to make the art better but otherwise it was good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Sep 6 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

You know I really loved that the flashback was mostly black and white with only a few things like the eyes and blood coloured. It really reminded me of the little girl with the red coat from Schindler's List.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thalogens
post Sep 6 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 70,644

I'm so rubbish, how could I forget today is sunday??!
Just watched the episode (minus sub ;_; bah) and I really loved the Ishval scenes, I think they done hose really well. I comletely forgot that they've actually moved the scenes closer, but I think it flowed well. The blue eyes was a great touch. The fullmetal Alchemist guy is still incredibly annoying. But this episode was still brilliant. I loved the Ranfan/Ling bit at the beginning.

c:

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Sep 6 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (Cece @ Sep 6 2009, 03:20 PM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Sep 6 2009, 04:46 AM) *
My initial thoughts:
- I never liked this Winry scene, because I always felt that, parents' death or not, Winry is too mature to raise a gun at Scar out of vengeance.

Wow. Harsh much? Look penguintruth I don't think anyone would be mature in that situation if their parents killer was right in front of them especially since he killed them and they saved his life. You're really heartless. I probably would do the same thing as Winry except I would have actually killed him.

Well, first of all, don't be so selective over what parts of the thread you read. If you go back, you'll se that later, I admitted she probably just snapped at that point.

And anyway, you might have shot at Scar, but I doubt you would have actually hit him. We're talking about Scar here. Trained soldiers have tried to shoot him and couldn't. Scar has hax speed.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Sep 6 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

I thought that today's episode would have covered all the chapters to the 48th, but they stopped a chapter-and-an-half before. Don't misunderstand, I liked that! If the results are good - and imho they are - It's a good thing that they're slowing down (even if probably today's episode didn't go very far because they stucked a piece of 15th volume in it).

The episode is really great. So intense, both in the violent scenes and the cyring scenes. The flashback is done in a very good way, personally I loved the "light blue eyes" stuff they added.
Even the grimmest Blackster on the Earth would shed a tear during the final scene.

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post Sep 6 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

Well , the ep was really great!!!
the ep make me want to cry u_u
every thing was great!!
Winry's dad & mom <3 T_T
this ep make me love winry moreeee than before rolleyes.gif !!!!
also ,The blue eyes was a great touch!!!!
the new music is Coooool !! 8D
but why the ep end in Winry&Ed part!?
I was surprised when the episode finished there?

any way , I will waiting the sub!! happy.gif

see ya~

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Sep 6 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Eclipse's subs are out. I just finished watching this episode and WOW just wow...I absolutely loved the emphasis on the blue eyes of the Amestrians and the whole Ishval flashback was very well done. Poor Winry though..omg. The EdxWin fangirl in me was squeeing of course but at the same time you could just feel the pain Winry was experiencing at that very moment. I loved how they kept in Ed slowly removing each finger off the gun and then taking her hand in both of his. Just incredible. I think this is perhaps the 2nd or 3rd time I actually felt some emotion in the anime. I just wanted to cry along with Winry. I loved how it ended with Winry just breaking down in Ed's arms and then it went straight into the song. Excellent. I really did love this episode. Hopefully it's going to continue to be incredibly awesome like this from here on out!

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Sep 6 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

I just hope they put in Van's monster moment, not a scene I want to miss.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 01:18 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css