HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood English Dub Dvd (north American Version) Info & Discussion, Info on first post. Updated with pics & info 17/8/11
AXavierB
post Jun 26 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #46

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,365

I got the first volume on DVD today. Had to settle since I don't have a Blu-ray player of my own. The Japanese track had removable subtitles, to my surprise. I guess it's just the Blu-ray version that doesn't.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post Jul 3 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #47

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

I bought the first part from my Stockholm trip two days ago.. USA import so I can only watch it from my laptop, but heck, I'm still happy. The package has some real collector value, with 4 nice art cards and separate cases with more beautiful cover art on them happy.gif If these american versions weren't so darn expensive to buy, I'd love to have the whole set once they're all out.

It's a bit of a shame there isn't much of extras in these DVD's. And it seems like the opening sequences are put with english credits no matter what language you choose. I loved how in first FMA anime, the DVDs had the possibility for japanese credits too. It's a small complain, but I'm nitpicky like that. biggrin.gif It just doesn't feel right to watch the opening sequence with english stuff on it, not after I've watched all the episodes fansubbed before. XD
(plus they take more space there and stand out a bit too much with all that extra shadowing, the japanese ones blended nicely in and never bothered me much. Thank goodness they put clean op and ed in the extras section, at least!)

I haven't checked out the commentary tracks yet.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jul 3 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #48

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

This'll sound nerdy. But a friend and I were listening to the commentary on episode 10, and the actors mentioned drinking Brain Toniq. My friend went and hunted down this drink and found it at a local health foods store.
So I drank some the other day XP It's actually pretty good.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jul 13 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #49

Apprentice

I actually enjoyed the commentary. >.>

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jul 28 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #50

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jul 3 2010, 03:36 PM) *
This'll sound nerdy. But a friend and I were listening to the commentary on episode 10, and the actors mentioned drinking Brain Toniq. My friend went and hunted down this drink and found it at a local health foods store.
So I drank some the other day XP It's actually pretty good.

Pfffttt, I did the same thing. Watched the commentaries on May 26, bought Brain Toniq on May 27.

As far as problems with Funi bd copy, none. Subtitles were crisp and clear - but then again, my PS3's always been hooked up to my tv through HDMI. Already pre-ordered my copy of Part Two from Amazon, it's good to be an Amazon Prime member. wink.gif

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Aug 9 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #51

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

rightstuf did it again once again... I recieve my copy of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood bluray part 2 today and wow, I would show you if I know how to scan. I love this... comes wit 4 postcards and commentary of ep 14 and 23. I'm about to test it out. now. thank you rightstuf, your service never ceases to amazing me.

ETA:
finished watching the commentaries episode. 14 has Chris Patton(Greed), Vic(kinda obvious) and you have episode 23 with Monica Rial(Mei), Todd Haberko(Ling) and Trina Nishimura(Lanfan) which is apporiate to get the actors of the new comers of the series and it was a treat to hearthem atalk about the differences on the series and what they love on the scene. You can tell how much they really love their characters.

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Aug 9 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #52

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Aug 9 2010, 08:25 PM) *
finished watching the commentaries episode. 14 has Chris Patton(Greed), Vic(kinda obvious) and you have episode 23 with Monica Rial(Mei), Todd Haberko(Ling) and Trina Nishimura(Lanfan) which is apporiate to get the actors of the new comers of the series and it was a treat to hearthem atalk about the differences on the series and what they love on the scene. You can tell how much they really love their characters.

Man, I'm disappointed that they didn't do a commentary for episode 19. I thought the dub for that one was outstanding, would have been nice to hear the major players from that episode (Travis, Colleen, Laura, Maxey) and their reactions to it.

Still, it would be interesting to hear from Monica, who's not a newcomer to FMA, but is playing a totally different character this time.

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Aug 9 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #53

Alchemists

QUOTE (hawkflame @ Aug 9 2010, 08:43 PM) *
QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Aug 9 2010, 08:25 PM) *

Man, I'm disappointed that they didn't do a commentary for episode 19. I thought the dub for that one was outstanding, would have been nice to hear the major players from that episode (Travis, Colleen, Laura, Maxey) and their reactions to it.

Still, it would be interesting to hear from Monica, who's not a newcomer to FMA, but is playing a totally different character this time.

I would also would love to hear Caitlin commentary on episode 22 as well. the dvd covers they used were the obvious Roy one and the others they used was the Ling,lanfan, and fuu which was used in the japanese 5th cover, and for some reason, they used the Riza cover from japanese volume 9. which was used on episodes past the one this current set is covering.

+Quote Post
RaphieL
post Aug 9 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 69,755

STUPID QUESTION TIME.

It says here it contains Again and USO textless: Link But that was already in the first part. Did they made a mistake or is it true?

--------------------

Hagane no reinkinjutsushi Fullmetal alchemist 2001-2010

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Aug 9 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #55

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

@ RaphieL: No idea. I was just going to ignore your question since I didn't know the answer, but that would've been rude... so yeah. No idea.

But man, I was really hoping they would do a commentary on 19 sooooo badly. Agh, I was almost certain they would've since 19 is on par with (and IMHO, suprassed) the original with the Japanese seiyu. Ah, dang. Oh well, at least the commentaries with the other eps are good then. smile.gif

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Aug 10 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #56

Alchemists

QUOTE (RaphieL @ Aug 9 2010, 10:21 PM) *
STUPID QUESTION TIME.

It says here it contains Again and USO textless: Link But that was already in the first part. Did they made a mistake or is it true?

Nope, the textless opening and ending are the hologram and let it out.

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Aug 10 2010, 02:46 AM
Post #57

Apprentice

Shame I have to buy the DVDs since I don't have a Blu-ray player. Is there any significant difference in the picture quality between the Blu-ray and DVD versions anyway?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Megabyte117
post Aug 10 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #58

Citizen

Member No.: 61,530

QUOTE (AXavierB @ Aug 10 2010, 02:46 AM) *
Shame I have to buy the DVDs since I don't have a Blu-ray player. Is there any significant difference in the picture quality between the Blu-ray and DVD versions anyway?

I have the Japanese DVDs but the English blu-rays. There is a substantial difference. Blu-ray players aren't too expensive these days, and the show looks gorgeous in high-definition.

Also got Part 2 early. Was pleasantly surprised to find Rightstuf shipped it early tongue.gif I love the Mustang cover. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Aug 10 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

It'd be nice to get commentaries from some Japanese cast members, instead of the Funimation scrubs. Half the time they don't even know what they're talking about.

Though to be fair, I've heard plenty of Japanese commentary that's pretty bad, too.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Aug 11 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #60

Apprentice

I don't even have an HDTV so it probably doesn't matter whether I got the DVD or not.

Or at least that's what I'll tell myself so I don't have to feel jealous of everyone with a Blu-ray player. =_=

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 02:53 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css