HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 21: Advance Of The Fool - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 21 episodes!!
Mr. Deathy
post Aug 30 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,164

I was pretty impressed with the ep, mainly because of the amount they managed to retain. A lot of it I had imagined them maybe thinking they could get away with cutting but they kept the majority of the hospital scenes (although with some dialogue trimmed as usual. No joke about "doneness" sadly!).

Next ep preview looks like some Ishval stuff is being animated? There's only one panel of that in the manga version of the fight. I wonder if they're going to do most of the Ishval stuff before the actual flashback and then just spend one episode on it when it comes.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Aug 30 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Aug 16 2009, 10:46 AM) *
-Looking forward to the next episode. Looks like another battle with Scar. I hope they keep the scenes of how they lured him there, and they don't just stick him there randomly. Ah, hell. I know that's what they're gonna do. dry.gif

I stand here happily corrected. Thank you, Bones. <3

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post Aug 30 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

Loool funny , lovely , awesome ep ^^
Ed vs Roy XDD
I think the art look little different today,,,,
but I love it <3
aaaaaah the next ep!!!!!
can't wait , can't wait !!

+Quote Post
Serb Alchemist
post Aug 30 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 69,818

Is there any 21. episode sub. for download!?

--------------------
Kosovo is Serbia, Our Holly Land!!!!

Oh Serbia our mother, do not grieve.
Call us, just call us
All the falcons will
Give their life for you!

+Quote Post
Kaosugoji
post Aug 30 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 67,446

QUOTE (TheSentinel @ Aug 30 2009, 07:23 AM) *
Lust was waiting for Dr. Marcoh when he got back to his house, after he had given the note to Fullmetal. It was a very short bit in ep. 6 I believe.

It was. In fact, the open-ended nature of that scene might explain why the Envy/Marcoh scene was cut. I frankly wouldn't be too broken up if it turned out Lust simply took Marcoh prisoner right then and there instead of threatening him and later coming to nab him.

QUOTE (Serb Alchemist @ Aug 30 2009, 02:52 PM) *
Is there any 21. episode sub. for download!?

If you like nonsensical translations, you can download Punch's sub.

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Aug 30 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

This episode was really great, they put a lot of manga stuff in it and the beginning of the fight (Homunculus vs Xing and Elrics vs Scar) gives me great hopes for the next episode! They also made very well the hospital scenes and the comic ones... I can say i'm really satisfied this time.
QUOTE (kausugoji)
If you like nonsensical translations, you can download Punch's sub.

Mhhh, probably it was the subbed version that I watched... some times the subjects of the sentences change without any appareant reason (and other strange things like that).

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Aug 30 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #22

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

The episode was good but I'm still disappointed with some of the art...I dunno, it just doesn't look right in some places and I don't know about you but I'm getting SICK of seeing Ed in that same old jacket. His jacket changed awhile ago in the manga. Are they EVER gonna change it? Ugh x___x It was a good ep and I'm really looking forward to next week's. The scene with Havoc (even though the subs I watched were god-awful <.<) was well done and quite emotional. I really felt for the poor guy. ;_; Poor Havoc. I love Mustang's determination. Hawkeye looked very strangely drawn in this ep too. What is wrong with the artists? Why does it seem like they're lazy with the art style every now and then? Ah well, anyway good ep I suppose.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Aug 30 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #23

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

Ed's face when he was teasing Roy about being afraid of Scar was hilarious. It was such a curious "what the heck" moment.

A small appearance by Denny. Although he did look way too cheerful for someone whose best friend was recently "killed."

I loved how Ling kept in that sitting position as he was kicked out the window.

+Quote Post
mersaydee
post Aug 30 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 69,278

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Aug 30 2009, 05:02 PM) *
The episode was good but I'm still disappointed with some of the art...I dunno, it just doesn't look right in some places and I don't know about you but I'm getting SICK of seeing Ed in that same old jacket. His jacket changed awhile ago in the manga. Are they EVER gonna change it? Ugh x___x It was a good ep and I'm really looking forward to next week's. The scene with Havoc (even though the subs I watched were god-awful <.<) was well done and quite emotional. I really felt for the poor guy. ;_; Poor Havoc. I love Mustang's determination. Hawkeye looked very strangely drawn in this ep too. What is wrong with the artists? Why does it seem like they're lazy with the art style every now and then? Ah well, anyway good ep I suppose.

I think it's the different studios - they try for uniformity, but you can definitely see the difference in some episodes. Turns out the artwork I like best generally comes from Bones' in-house guys, though I think an outside studio did Ep. 19, which was just amazing. happy.gif

--------------------

Mmm, I love that sound. Is there anything that strikes a more beautiful note than the sound of two indomitable wills colliding with each other?

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Aug 30 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

QUOTE (mersaydee @ Aug 31 2009, 03:56 AM) *
though I think an outside studio did Ep. 19, which was just amazing. happy.gif

When I saw the Roy vs. Lust fight, I thought right away "this looks like Production IG's animation". That studio made the O-Ren Ishii animated short in Kill Bill. Who knows?

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Aug 30 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

i love the episode...
i got to see LanFan once more xD
the fight scenes are incredibly done..^^
Ed vs. Scar...biggrin.gif
I cant wait to see EdWin for the next ep...xD

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Aug 30 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Aug 30 2009, 05:02 PM) *
I dunno, it just doesn't look right in some places and I don't know about you but I'm getting SICK of seeing Ed in that same old jacket. His jacket changed awhile ago in the manga. Are they EVER gonna change it?

Ed's jacket changed? huh.gif
I thought that he kept the jacket until the stuff in Vol. 13, and then he used a military? black jacket temporarily, and then made a new one much later in like...Ch. 80--something.

QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Aug 30 2009, 08:12 PM) *
QUOTE (mersaydee @ Aug 31 2009, 03:56 AM) *
though I think an outside studio did Ep. 19, which was just amazing. happy.gif

When I saw the Roy vs. Lust fight, I thought right away "this looks like Production IG's animation". That studio made the O-Ren Ishii animated short in Kill Bill. Who knows?

Oh dude, seriously? I love that movie.

Anyways, still need to see the episode, but the screenshots look good.
Not to be defending Brotherhood too much, but since Episode 19 I just thought that they cut out Ran Fan vs Envy and Gluttony because of Pride's voice. Obviously in the manga, you couldn't tell who it was, but maybe they just couldn't think of a way to disguise it or distort it. I imagined Pride talking like a normal kiddish...Satanic demon instead of some mesh of voices like Truth. It's still a plot hole, though.

+Quote Post
paperstars
post Aug 31 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 70,600

Methinks they're getting better - or maybe it's just because we're approaching the whole Scar and Winry gun scene, which I love.
Nope, Ed's jacket is still the one with the flamel cross on it, but I agree it'd be nice to see it change. Btw, Radadinator, the flamel symbol in your avatar is awesome, did you draw it?
I think my favourite part HAD to be when Ed was being a helpful little alchemist and fixing or, (in the case of the pram, redesigning) people's stuff. wink.gif I'm way more happy than I should be that they kept the pram in, Ed's freaky design taste makes my day.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Aug 31 2009, 02:58 AM
Post #29

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Kyelinn - I agree about the artwork, something seemed off for me too. It's like Ed was too cute (basically he and Winry were the same person with different hair and eye colour), Roy looked too female, when they spoke mouths were opening too wide. But then after the comedy "Ed's fixing everything" scenes it seemed to sort itself out.

Ed will have to change his jacket fairly soon since he nearly destoys his current one before wrapping it round Winry. I can't remember but isn't the red coat now banished until the final battle approaches, i.e whats in the manga now?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Aug 31 2009, 04:22 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 70,107

Not bad EP, but really nothing special. The music was so curious that I've forgotten almost every melody after watching the episode. Funny scenes were nice, but sad moments (Havoc) weren't emotional enough. Next EP might be awesome though. Also, translation was bad. I understood everything but it was filled with mistakes.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 10:39 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css