post Aug 8 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,452

I've read some topics and no one have created a topic for PANDORA HEARTS
I really love this series.

~Pandora Hearts
a Japanese manga series by Jun Mochizuki. Originally starting serialization in the shōnen manga magazine GFantasy published by Square Enix in June 2006. There are eight volumes currently released in Japan. The manga series was licensed for an English language release by Broccoli Books but has been dropped; it has been licensed by Yen Press since then. It has also been announced that XEBEC will be making an anime adaption

PLOT:
Oz Vessalius, heir to one of the duke houses, has just turned fifteen. His life is rich and carefree, darkened only by the constant absence of his father. At his coming-of-age ceremony, however, everything changes. For no reason that he can discern, he's cast into the prison known as the "Abyss", only to be saved by a "chain" known as Alice, the bloodstained black rabbit. The mystery there begins as Oz unravels the mystery behind Alice, the Abyss and the strange organization known as Pandora. The series features heavy references to Lewis Carroll's "Through the Looking Glass" and can be considered both fantasy and mystery.

CHARACTERS:

Oz Vessalius (オズ ベザリウス, Ozu Bezariusu?)
The main character of the story. A 15-year-old boy with blond hair and green eyes from the prestigious Vessalius family, whose father is the reigning lord. His mother was killed by the Nightray family, but despite this, he retains a bright, optimistic, and energetic personality. The story of Pandora Hearts starts when Oz turns fifteen. During the ceremony to celebrate this reaching of adulthood, he was dragged into the Abyss for the sin of 'existing'. There he meets the chain named Alice and makes a contract with her. Upon returning to the real world, he finds out that 10 years have passed. In order to find out what his sin meant, he began to work under Break as part of Pandora.
Oz's Seiyū is Junko Minagawa.

Alice (アリス, Arisu?)
The heroine of the story with the height of 150cm. Alice first appears as a chain that persuades Oz to form a contract with her in the Abyss. In fact, she is actually the infamous B-Rabbit (Bloodstained Black Rabbit), the strongest chain in the Abyss. Alice's goal is to find her lost memories, which play a major role in the story. In human form, Alice has long dark brown hair with 2 side plaits. She has a huge appetite and loves meat especially. She is hotheaded, loud spoken and says what she thinks without regard to the consequence. Despite this, she has a soft side, especially when Oz is involved. She hates when Oz leaves her alone, but to hide it she usually says, "I'm in a contract with you. You are my manservant, and as a manservant, what were you thinking, leaving me behind!?" or she just hits Oz and says, "Shut up". Alice's Seiyū are Yukari Tamura (Drama CD) and Ayako Kawasumi (Anime).

Gilbert Nightray (ギルバート ナイトレイ, Girubāto Naitorei?)
Oz's friend and loyal servant. To him, Oz is his most precious person, and he is willing to sacrifice anything for him. He was taken into the Vessalius family after being discovered in an injured state 15 years ago. He was invited by Oz to attend the coming of age ceremony as his friend. During the ceremony, he was controlled by a chain in the Baskerville's possession and forced to attack Oz. After regaining consciousness, Gilbert manages to see the face of one of the hooded people and for some reason jumps in the way of Oz's attack to protect him.
Gilbert's Seiyū is Azuma Sakamoto (younger) and Katsuyuki Konishi (CD drama) and Toriumi Kousuke (Anime) (older).

Shalon Rainsworth (シャロン レインズワース, Sharon Reinzuwāsu?)
The Lady of the Rainsworth household. Shalon is a member of Pandora and looks like a thirteen year old girl, although she is technically 23 years old. Her appearance does not change from her first meeting with Oz to after he came out of the Abyss because she has a legal contract with a chain, the black unicorn Eques.
Shalon's Seiyū are Yui Horie (Drama CD) and Hanazawa Kana (Anime).

Xerxes Break (ザークシーズ ブレイク, Zākushĩzu Bureiku?)
Commonly known as Break, he is a member of Pandora and a servant of the Rainsworth household. Break's appearance does not change from the ten year gap between Oz entering and leaving the Abyss. He has a legal contract with the Mad Hatter. Break is often seen with a doll on his shoulder, which he calls Emily. He adores sweets and cakes. From the outside, Break seems like a carefree character, never serious and always smiling. When needs be, however, Break shows his dangerous and evil side. Reim tells Oz that Break has not always been the way he is now. Before, after losing his eye, he was a bitter and angry person, never smiling. However, through the kindness of Shelly, Shalon's mother, he began to open up. He has sworn absolute loyalty to Shelly.
Break's Seiyū are Toshihiko Seki (Drama CD) and Ishida Akira (Anime).

SOURCE: wiki^^
so anyone who knows this manga?

EDIT: Removed some spoilers...and supporting characters...

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Backfired
post Aug 8 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,505

I do! biggrin.gif it's also one of my favorite series. Love the plot twists.

--------------------
||= [Deviantart] =||
||= [tumblr] =||
I don't take any credit for the avatar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Mhacy   Pandora Hearts   Aug 8 2009, 10:50 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css