HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 19: The Death Of The Undying - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 19 episodes!!
Elisabeth Hawkey...
post Jun 20 2010, 08:01 AM
Post #76

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,114

Amazing job, but yes that screaming is a little too much histeric, but maybe it's because they want to show us how important for her Roy is happy.gif And on the other hand when she scolded him in that tower it was really something biggrin.gif "Are you a complete idiot!?" and his react "Yeah, fine,fine that's it, I'm an idiot! Happy?" - I'm still laughing on it laugh.gif

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo-,Sig is not by me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 20 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #77

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

The one thing with this episode that I didn't like, was that they cut out Barry's "Where are you? My little meatie pie!!!"
I love love love that line and I always smiled when I'd hear it.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 20 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #78

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

I was allways curious how the dub would handle this episode, so i watched it out of curiosity and it was actually pretty good! Firstly omg Al's VA has improved EPICALLY from episode 1 (only watched ep1 of the dub bar this ep) her voice was brilliant in many places, and probably my fav voice of the episode, I also really liked Barry's VA thought he suited his character really well. I've never been a fan of Travis's Roy, not sayin he's not a good performer I just don't imagin it to be that deep, and am too used to the japanese VA which I think is perfect for him, but he still did a good job this episode, as for Riza, again don't particually like her voice but omg Riza's scream was just amazing XD that moment did excel the japanese version imo, I felt Riza's painnnn, it's nice to see she loves Roy so much <3, she was just histericXD Oh how i do like the royai haha, mm what elseeee? I wish Winry had a new VA, i think she suited the role in anime 1, but Winry is just...I duno, more feminine in this series? I just don't think the voice suits anymore at all, Ling was quite ammusing, expected Ed's 'hoenhime' to be a bit more angry like the japanese, I was waiting for the final line of the ep and was like, is that it? XD haha anyway all in all, quite impressive considering general dubs, pretty nice to watch

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 20 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #79

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I applauded when Colleen screamed, "YOU BIIIIITCH" and was cringing through Laura's screams, not because they were done poorly, but because they sounded so realistically painful!! Usuaully I strongly prefer subs, and no offense Travis, you'll never TRULY be Brotherhood Roy to me, but the two ladies really kicked it out of the ball park with this one.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 20 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #80

Alchemists

Tempted to go through and edit the video so we get English Riza and Lust with Roys Japanese VA. XP
I'll always love the japanese one more than Travis, even though I do enjoy Travis. It's like..
Japanese Roy gets 5 stars, and English Roy gets 4.5
I still really love Willingham, but will always love the japanese just a lil bit more. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 20 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #81

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

I think I'm one of these rare people who prefers Travis as Roy to either of the Japanese actors. Maybe it's because I watched the first anime in English to begin with, but in general I just like his voice. I could listen to him talk all day. tongue.gif

Colleen was awesome.
Laura was awesome. I always loved her Lust because she sounded so sultry... it's just perfect.

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Jun 20 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #82

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

Pardon my speech, but that was god damn amazing! This episode was my all time fav in Japanese, and I think it just got turned up a notch! (Rating went up too, but it's to be expected I guess...) Even though I've seen this scene a million times in the manga, and watched it over and over on Youtube, I still teared up - entirely due to the work of the VA's.

Nothing was over-the-top or unbelievable, and it's that genuine emotion you hear that really makes you gasp! Hawkeye's now famous line of "You b*tch!" was pure spine-tingling! Her and Lust's screams were perhaps some of the best I've heard from television. (Riza's screaming almost sounded like Bella's from Twilight, but we all know who owned it better... laugh.gif I shouldn't have even mentioned that...)

Al's little speech there was well done too, completely echoing Hawkeye's grief. The scene at the end with Winry was heart-warming and humorous, but not out of place at all.

Roy, of course is "Mr. Gallantry", and saves the day in epic fashion! The way Travis was able to do those lines while burning Lust makes me confident he'll pull off the Envy burning just fine... especially with the "Let's see how many times it's gonna take!" line.

I may not miss Lust, but I think I'll miss Laura Bailey's great voice acting! I think I might miss Barry the Chopper as a character though...

Ed at the end simply topped off the perfection.

Sorry, I think I just repeated what everyone else has said, but I can't hold in my urge to express the greatness!

QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Jun 20 2010, 03:19 PM) *
I think I'm one of these rare people who prefers Travis as Roy to either of the Japanese actors. Maybe it's because I watched the first anime in English to begin with, but in general I just like his voice. I could listen to him talk all day. tongue.gif

I prefer Travis too, probably for the same reasons! The Japanese actor never clicked for me, because I was so used to Travis! wub.gif

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 21 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #83

Alchemists

^ I'll agree with you on that bit about Laura Bailey.
I'll miss her more than Lust HAHA.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Jun 22 2010, 08:40 AM
Post #84

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

Wow, did Colleen really blow me away with those screams of anger/anguish! Not to mention, it was just awesome hearing her scream out: “You BIIIIIITCH!” wink.gif

And double wow, Laura Bailey! I wonder if she still has a voice left after all that? XD

The screams of those two were both wonderful and horrible at the same time! I think they outdid their Japanese counterparts this time around. This may be the best dub I’ve seen yet.

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jun 24 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #85

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

I'm surprised how watchable this episode was, dub-wise. Everyone sounded really good, and some lines that had been slightly altered were more direct and bore larger impact, for me. There was nothing to complain about, no awkward lines or irk-moments. And Maxey has really grown into her role as Al.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Jun 24 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #86

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

I saw a clip of this episode and I instantly noticed animation changes during Roy vs Lust, I guess made before the Japanese DVD release.

Is there anyone out there who's been noting all the changes made from Japanese airing to DVD release so far? That's the kind of nerdy thing I'd do, but I don't have access to watch the dub.

It'd be really interesting for me honestly.

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 24 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #87

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I watched the Dub version online and I decided after watching it to buy the DVD with episode 19 on it without hesistation. I thought Colleen and Laura did an amazing job. Granted I am a Royai fan, but I felt Colleen's screams. I thought they were better than the Japanese seiyuu's. And Laura went out with a bang as Lust. I just give props to Colleen and Laura. Travis was great too. And Maxey has improved so much as Al.

+Quote Post
Sal_san
post Jun 25 2010, 02:13 AM
Post #88

Citizen

Member No.: 62,930

You know, I sort of dropped FMA: Brotherhood, but after seeing the dubbed version of this episode, I think I'll pick it up again. biggrin.gif

Oh wow, Colleen. She sounded so tragic. And Laura's screams sounded so painful...

I haven't really watched the dubbed episodes consistently, sort of dropping it after the second episode... so when Al came up on screen in some parts, the first thing I thought of was "Aaron?! You're back?!". XDDD

And I do adore Travis as Roy. It's the same deal with FailToImpress. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Jun 25 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #89

Citizen

Member No.: 71,431

I think I already posted on this thread...but I just have to do it again. The dub of this episode was just BRILLIANT. I mean...this was already my favorite episode...and the dub just made me love it more! I really want to send Laura Bailey a fan letter and a bag of cough drops after that performance XD. I love Colleen and Travis too, I always have, and seeing them just completely knock this episode out of the park was great. I have complete confidence in them now to do the later episodes properly. And Al! Maxey is doing an awesome job! I wasn't too sure about her playing Al at the beginning, but now I believe in her 100%. And I was a huge Aaron fan when he played Al. Maxey has earned a spot in my heart for sure. She's Al, all the way.

So, yay, Funimation! You guys rock, thanks for bringing my favorite anime to the States in my native language in such an awesome way! Keep up the great work smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Jun 25 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #90

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

I hope the quality of this dub + episode quality as a whole helps energize the popularity of Brotherhood in the US.

Are there any ideas of viewing figures for the series so far yet? High?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 04:10 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css