HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 19: The Death Of The Undying - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 19 episodes!!
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 19 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,311

WOW. This episode had it all: action, comedy, drama... it was an extremely entertaining episode and I enjoyed the hell out of every last second. It starts off with Roy saving the day, which we all remember, but it seems I forgot all of the really funny moments. Now some of the lines were obviously added by Funimation, but to be honest I didn't care. I was too busy being entertained by the great delivery and overall fantastic acting oozing out of every last line. Aside from Winry, Ling, and quite surprisingly, Ed, EVERYONE was laying down some serious bad-assery. Including Kain and Hayate, who I put on the same level on the "character's importance" pyrimid. (Oh who are we kidding we all know Hayate tops.)

We then enter into a gleefully thrilling search for... what are we searching for again? Oh who cares because OH MY GOD IT'S FREAKIN' LUST. The build-up to the climax of this fight was so deliciously satisfying it was like having prime rib as an appetizer.

And here comes the main course. I think Colleen Clinkenbeard and Laura Bailey really needed a glass of cold water after this, cause those SCREAMS. ohmy.gif They did NOT hold back! Colleen's Riza hit it out of the ballpark with her "YOU BIIIITCH!!!!" line. Never before have I heard such a fantastic banchee howl come from such an ordinarily calm woman. I was eating this up like kid on ice cream cake when Roy f**king Mustang comes to deliver some top-notch, bad-arse lines as he burns Lust to a crisp while her bone-shivering screams made me think "How much water did Laura Bailey have to drink before she was able to be so so calm with her elagant and delicious evil last words. It's like... even when we win, she wins. Thank you, Arakawa. For making such a delightfully sinful character for us all to enjoy. Lust R.I.P

So, like the beginning of this episode, the rest of this episode went on without a hitch. Not not to be said for Vic or Caitlin this week, but I look foward to hearing them on their future performances on the show. Maxey Whitehead continued to shine this week, shy a couple womanly-sounding lines.

What can I say? This episode was beautiful and left me thirsting for more. The story's getting better and better.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 19 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #62

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I am in such... a state of euphoria. HOLY.HALE.
First off, i was so happy they kept in the "YOU BIIIITCH" line, because.. wow. Colleen. I... can't figure out what words to use. Just know that I am smiling ear to ear. Literaly. Colleen has my full Riza support now.
Second. All.HAIL.Laura. That was 1039423 times better than the Japanese VA. Laura deserves freaking awards left and right for that amazing piece of awesome. Those screams were spine chillingly perfect. After Roy delivered the final blow and they were standing there, i had to pause it (yay dishnetwork) I had to pause it and take it all in. And I started laughing, I didn't know how else to let out my emotions. I was just laughing out of pure euphoria. It had to of been 5 minutes of laughing before I could compose myself. I hit rewind and watched Lust scream again one more time. Then finaly finished up the episode.
I'll re-post later on the rest of the episode. *breathes*

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 19 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #63

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Gahaha, yes, Riza yelled B-word! XDDD
And, because that's unusual for her character, it was very effective, in my opinion. And, I thought it was nicely delivered. ^^
And then, oh my, great screaming job by Laura Bailey as Lust gets burned by Roy's flame!!! Wow. Totally loved the scene!!
This one is definitely one of my fav dubbed FMA:B episodes!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Jun 19 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #64

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 19 2010, 11:59 PM) *
as he burns Lust to a crisp while her bone-shivering screams made me think "How much water did Laura Bailey have to drink before she was able to be so so calm with her elagant and delicious evil last words.

Eh, I bet they can just record the lines out of order to make it easier. happy.gif

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 19 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #65

Alchemists

^that's what I was just going to say. I bet they had Laura say those calm dying lines before she did the screams. Heaven knows she had to go on vocal rest after that epicness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Jun 19 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #66

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

Holy crap, I always loved this episode, both the manga chapters and the subbed version, but the dub really takes the cake here. This episode really was one that needed to be done justice, and good lord did they. All of the major actors were on top of their game here- especially Travis Willingham, Colleen Clinkenbeard, and Laura Bailey. Travis' Mustang was every bit up to the level of badass and determination that the character should be. Laura's Lust was both sexy and terrifying at the same time (plus her screams of pain were absolutely intense). Colleen showed tremendous range here with her Hawkeye, having to perform moments that you've never seen from Hawkeye before (Comically angry, filled with rage, and broken down emotional wreck) along with her usual cool demeanor sprinked in throughout.

My jaw was agape when Hawkeye did her "You b*tch" scream at Lust.

The dub of this episode may very well be the most well acted anime dub episode I've ever seen. They needed to do a great job with this one, they were far more than up to the task.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 19 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #67

Alchemists

When the episode started and the TVMA popped up I said to my brother, they've only done that with 14 because of the bloodbath. And he said, because of Wrath. So why is this one MA?
I realize now it's because of the "b*tch" line. And the boobs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Jun 19 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #68

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jun 20 2010, 02:06 AM) *
When the episode started and the TVMA popped up I said to my brother, they've only done that with 14 because of the bloodbath. And he said, because of Wrath. So why is this one MA?
I realize now it's because of the "b*tch" line. And the boobs.

I think that Lust being killed over and over again, in fairly disturbing fashion, is enough to give it the TV-MA rating. I thought the scene where she regenerated entirely from the stone was fairly creepy, not to mention the -intense- howls of pain when she's burned to death.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 19 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Episode 19 really is my favorite episode of this series.

The dub handled it... eh, okay, but not great. Willingham's Roy, which had been excellent, dropped the ball in the key scene. But on the other hand, Colleen Clinkenbeard OBLITERATED the Japanese VA in that scene with her talent. I was blown away.

I can't get this episode on Blu-Ray soon enough.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 20 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #70

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

"YOU BIIITCH!"

Spectacular.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Nuclear Alchemis...
post Jun 20 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 74,552

QUOTE (hawkflame @ Jun 20 2010, 09:10 AM) *
I think that Lust being killed over and over again, in fairly disturbing fashion, is enough to give it the TV-MA rating. I thought the scene where she regenerated entirely from the stone was fairly creepy, not to mention the -intense- howls of pain when she's burned to death.

I like that part >:}

--------------------
I believe in Python
On Facebook, I am Alexandru Calin
I participate at SETI@home using BOINC
I use NASM

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 20 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #72

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

Meh dub , good at points , but was never great . . The intensity in the dub was maintained . . . But it just sounded , like the guys behind the english dub wanted to top the japanese one . And it just went downhill at points . My rating for the episode (based on dub ONLY)
japanese 9.8
english 7.0

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 20 2010, 02:34 AM
Post #73

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

I can't wait to watch this. I've been waiting for the dub of this episode since the Japanese came out... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Jun 20 2010, 03:30 AM
Post #74

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

Great screaming contest, that of Riza's breakdown. Al, Riza and Lust were all well played, but I want to delve into Riza's part.

Indeed, the B-word was so Riza-ish and so unheard of at the same time it was just perfect. Colleen kept most of the Japanese VA goodness and added a bit of her own, besides showing emotion in a more Western style wink.gif. The cry (in every sense of the word) and the argument with Al (great Al there) were especially good. All in all, poignant and IC at the same time, which as for Riza is NOT an easy task.

Can't add anything else about Lust's part, you have said it all. Travis was not bad but not great either... but oh well, that's how it always has been in Brotherhood, as far as I know. Gluttony was creepy (good). Good Havoc. And Winry. Now that I think about it, it's finding BAD actings what is difficult here. biggrin.gif

Those added/changed phrases are great. It's hard for me to remember the actual words, so don't take these as quotes ^^U:
"I don't want your skinny bodies!"
"You're supposed to treat dinner before getting your hand in the chest" XD
"I did get you on your knees". Was that in the Japanese version? I don't remember... But I like it.
Ahhh, there are a lot more, but it's just too late here. I'll have to edit this later.

EDIT: "Mr Gallantry", of course! That was gold from Lust (even more, I mean).

+Quote Post
IceSkadi
post Jun 20 2010, 07:07 AM
Post #75

Citizen

Member No.: 72,103

This is one of the few episodes that I watched dubbed in another language besides my own (that's far away from the japanese version but still good imo), and well, I really enjoyned it.
Despite I don't really like Roy and Lust's VAs (don't get me wrong they are great, but I've always imagined those characters with different voices) I think that they did a wonderful work during the main scene of the episode. And Riza's VA! That was a hell of a scream biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 12:43 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css