HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 19: The Death Of The Undying - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 19 episodes!!
mellulah
post Aug 9 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,956

QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Aug 9 2009, 12:04 PM) *
Anyway apart from that though the Mustang vs Lust scenes were amazing. The animation was fantastic and I'm glad they paced it well and showed a prolonged burning scene as Arakawa felt she had to rush that part in the manga. This was pretty much the main reason I ever wanted a new FMA series and I wasn't disappointed. I'm looking forward to seeing it in better quality too.

Yeah although I'm dissapointed that the other part was cut the animation looks amazing for this episode. It's always better with the gory detail XD I just hope they make it as good in the Mustang vs Envy fight. The quality seems to have really picked up this episode.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Aug 9 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

The episode blew my mind away, the animation, the way the characters look. it was so awesome. Roy look so badass and there were moments that Riza sound very Rukiaish but I think her seiyuu is doing a great job as well. I like her scream and moment of hopelessness and Roy coming to her rescue. Yes, I'm aware they cut out Ling, Ranfan vs Envy but have faith that Bones will just move that part right before the Gluttony and Bradely fight. The episode was suppose to show focus to Roy's group. I'm sure the xingese characters will have their shining moment episode. I hope atleast.

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Aug 9 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

O.O this was an intense episode. Wow. I reeeeally liked it! Riza's screaming was not exactly my favorite part...but I don't think I would have like anyone screaming. I'm just not a fan of people screaming laugh.gif but otherwise...I loved it! The partswith the tears after Riza had just ran out of bullets against Lust was...amazing. They did a really great job with this episode!

However...I'm more than a little miffed that they cut out the Ran Fan vs. Envy part. I get that it didn't do much for plot development and that the story won't really suffer without it, but I was looking forward to that part. It seems like they're moving on in the story so they won't be able to have it in. I am le sad.

But the preview did look good. I liked how they did the part where Ed was digging up the grave. That's such a powerful scene. I can't wait to see it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Aug 9 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

this episode was really good, Riza was pulling at my heartstrings when she thought roy was dead, the stabbing scene was great and Roy look hawt when he came back to burn lust (no pun intended XD)

I am actually really dissopointed about the lack of ling and ran fan vs gluttoney, we dont get that priceless expression they both have at finding envy cant die, and it is pretty important, as it gave ling some prectice in fighting homunculi before he offered to help ed in the later plot, and its all character development, im sad as it gave ran-fan some time to shine before you know what happens, and ling to really before the other you know what happens, its also are first intro of pride and i was looking forward to seeing how he sounded, these VERY occasional parts with pride before he was revealed really made me intrigued reading the manga also ling cutting gluttoney in half was just epic, and we had a bit of foreshadowing with envy's true form when he got really mad at ling, and come to think of it there are even small details here reffered to later on like envys wheite on the bar.

Don't get me wrong this episode was really great but I just feel that scene was important, I thought they'd include it next week i really did, but the preview dont look promising for that, it allready looks like they are covering a hell of a lot next week, i was very surprised to see ed back with winry and al, thats a lot to cram in, mmm

--------------------

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Aug 9 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

Is it just me or do injured/dying people have a lot of life in Brotherhood? How come Roy can stand in one moment and then he falls down and after falling down he can turn his head so quickly. Unusual about a passing out person... And Barry's body crawled a big deal after being cut ohmy.gif

Anyway I liked this ep. Can't tell how much yet without seeing the sub version but... amazing. Burning Lust is a scene you don't come to very often (not gonna comment on it here, not needed). What made me feel emotional alot was Winry waiting for Al. Don't know why. Love it in manga and love it here, especially since it's obvious that Al had been through a lot. And Barry's death actually gave me freezes all over.
On the 'lighter' side I missed Havoc's last words how bad his luck with women is.

About the Ling and RanFan killing off Envy I kind of hoped Bones would show this the next episode. Obvously I was wrong. How can then be explained their ability to sense the Homunuculi? Will they just randomly go out in the streets and there see Envy?

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Aug 10 2009, 03:12 AM
Post #21

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

Just one more life point, and Lust would have killed Roy. Thank you, Maes Hughes, for saving your best friend's life...

Does anyone think Havoc's dating Lust might have played a part in Hughes' death?

Also, VERY trivial comment...does anyone feel cheated that unlike Edward, Roy, Ling, and Alex...we never got a scene of Hughes in his pectoral-abdominal glory?

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Aug 10 2009, 05:22 AM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

QUOTE (Claudius @ Aug 10 2009, 12:12 PM) *
Just one more life point, and Lust would have killed Roy. Thank you, Maes Hughes, for saving your best friend's life...

Does anyone think Havoc's dating Lust might have played a part in Hughes' death?

No. Havoc started to going out with Lust, when he was moved to central. And he was moved with the rest of Roy's group after Hughes' death.

Haha, I need to write this: I loved Hayate in this episode >D.

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post Aug 10 2009, 05:26 AM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

..I'm speechless. 8D

This definitely was the BEST episode out of all so far. The emotion, animation, drawing style.. it all was pretty much.. perfect.
I really had tears in my eyes SO many times.

Also, the last scene was really nicely done. I always loved in the first FMA how they started playing the ending music before the episode was over. It gives some sort of extra emotion. :3

I really hope that Bones will keep up with this quality!

(oh, and about the next episode.. the baby-Al seriously made my heart melt. Awwww. <3 And Ed's grave-digging .. I've been waiting for that part some time now! )

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Aug 10 2009, 05:43 AM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 70,107

Epic episode. It's quite different from the manga but still really good. But it's still a shame that Lust and Barry died. Anyway, Colonel was awesome today biggrin.gif. Also, nice that they didn't remove some of manga humor (though I missed Roy and Havoc ironizing about being burnt). About more serious stuff: Lust's painful screaming was terrifying. But too little Ed here (actually, almost no Ed).

Apart from storyline, music and animation were awesome as well. At first I was going to criticize the animation, but at first I was just watching from extremely laggy server. After watching it from better website, it's good as always.

The next episode is going to be nice, but rather nothing special. There will be some sad stuff, but probably not as intense as episode 4. Anyway, showing some mysteries about Hohenheim is nice idea - just if they don't reveal too much because I'd like retrospective episode about Xerxes (which they can't skip as it's too important) to be surprising.

PS. LOL, AlXWinry shippers who didn't read manga will love this episode. Hopefully, if they watch the next ones, they'll be disappointed.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Aug 10 2009, 06:14 AM
Post #25

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

QUOTE (Trakonda @ Aug 10 2009, 01:26 PM) *
<3 And Ed's grave-digging .. I've been waiting for that part some time now! )

An emotional scene, they'll have to be careful with it. Looks like they'll speed through that time fairly quickley if they have Ed back with Winry and Al in the next one too (we know whats coming soon now too).

Seems an odd thing to say, but I like how you're not encouraged to like Lust. You might think she's cool but there is little space for pity, which is helpful when watching her die over and over again. Even when she mentions Roy's honest eyes it's only because she's looking forward to him feeling pain! As I said it's a curious thing, but I think with Barry being likeable (when he's a slicing maniac) if Lust had been too it would have taken something away from the horror that are the homonculous.

Barry's end...sad moment...nicely done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Aug 10 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

OMG OMG OMG

The episode was FREAKING AMAZING!!

This fight has always been one of my absolute favorites in the manga and I was NOT disappointed!! The music was great, the animation was great...they didn't leave anything out that I can think of (that was important enough).

I am SOO Happy with it right now! ^_____^

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Cece
post Aug 10 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

As a RoyAi fan I just have a little nitpick about the otherwise awesome Lust scenes. They left out Lust's line where she says "That woman doesn't want to to keep living". Which implies Riza won't live if Roy doesn't because he's her reason to live in chapter 39. Other than that Lust was great and her voice actress was awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SonPan
post Aug 10 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 27,436

Wow IM not a Mustang fan girl but man he was awesome in this episode... left a bigger effect on me than the manga did!

I made this so anyone who wants to use it be my guest smile.gif

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Aug 10 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

SonPan... that is so... AWESOME!!! Thank you!

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
mandymtt
post Aug 10 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 49,384

Am I the only one who is seriously annoyed with how they made riza in the anime. Her eyes look like shes on CRACK. They made her scream like a banshee. The panel shots of her looks amazing, but if shes not angry looking or in a battle I think she looks like a little girl.

This ep made that chapter more amazing. You could tell they wanted that battle to be nice, the animation was great. Roy is EPIC...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 03:15 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css