Literally 3 days ago my friend recommended fma to me and well.......I'm done. I borrowed the dubbed episodes from him and finished today.....and then I watched the movie today and finished that. This really surprises me seeing that I thought I hated anime and I only watched it cause my friend rarely recommends anything like that.
So now I am craving more, much more anime to watch (I dont sit there and do nothing, I usually am working on a project while I watch TV). The only problem I have is that I am very picky with what I watch, Ive been burned too many times before by shows I did like but turned out to mess up at some point or other (Kyle XY anyone?), I hope I'll have better luck with the Anime section of the video universe.
With that said I am looking for anything that falls into all these categories:
1. Dubbed not Subbed, I am always working while I am watching and dont have time to read the screen (plus subbed drives me insane).
2. Something that I dont have to buy/borrow the books to finish the series or to have it make sense. (I dont have very much time to read)
3. Something that's long, probably at least 50 episodes, with a lot of plot twist!!!! (fma was perfect!)
4. Deep, realistic characters!
5. Something that unlike fma, whose romance points left alot to be desired
If it has romantic sub plots at least let them be well developed and made relevant to the story! I like some romance in their, but not overbearing or like fma kind of dried out.
6. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! A GOOD, SOLID, NOT NECESSARILY HAPPY (but preferably that way) ENDING THATS SATISFYING!! (you can tell my opinion on fma, one of the best shows Ive ever seen but....grrrrrr)
Plus: I dont like the horror genre and I hate gore.
I hope I dont sound too picky, I read probably 12 pages of suggestions and I got some ideas I am going to look into. I just really want to have a better Idea of what to watch so I dont waste my time.
thanks to whoever takes the time to read this.
(Out of curiosity, does Eureka Seven have a good ending??)