Reply to this topicStart new topic
Anime Recommendations
Thane
post Jun 13 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #316

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,487

Literally 3 days ago my friend recommended fma to me and well.......I'm done. I borrowed the dubbed episodes from him and finished today.....and then I watched the movie today and finished that. This really surprises me seeing that I thought I hated anime and I only watched it cause my friend rarely recommends anything like that.
So now I am craving more, much more anime to watch (I dont sit there and do nothing, I usually am working on a project while I watch TV). The only problem I have is that I am very picky with what I watch, Ive been burned too many times before by shows I did like but turned out to mess up at some point or other (Kyle XY anyone?), I hope I'll have better luck with the Anime section of the video universe.

With that said I am looking for anything that falls into all these categories:

1. Dubbed not Subbed, I am always working while I am watching and dont have time to read the screen (plus subbed drives me insane).

2. Something that I dont have to buy/borrow the books to finish the series or to have it make sense. (I dont have very much time to read)

3. Something that's long, probably at least 50 episodes, with a lot of plot twist!!!! (fma was perfect!)

4. Deep, realistic characters!

5. Something that unlike fma, whose romance points left alot to be desired angry.gif If it has romantic sub plots at least let them be well developed and made relevant to the story! I like some romance in their, but not overbearing or like fma kind of dried out.

6. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! A GOOD, SOLID, NOT NECESSARILY HAPPY (but preferably that way) ENDING THATS SATISFYING!! (you can tell my opinion on fma, one of the best shows Ive ever seen but....grrrrrr)

Plus: I dont like the horror genre and I hate gore.

I hope I dont sound too picky, I read probably 12 pages of suggestions and I got some ideas I am going to look into. I just really want to have a better Idea of what to watch so I dont waste my time.

thanks to whoever takes the time to read this.

(Out of curiosity, does Eureka Seven have a good ending??)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Jun 14 2009, 07:13 AM
Post #317

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

@Thane - well i would recomend shakugan no shana to you but it does had quite a bit of gore and its just a regular 26 episode series unless your willing to wait for the second series to be dubbed. it is adictive stuff, and i just wanted to watch any old thing when i remembered seeing it in hmv and decided to watch.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Forlong
post Jun 14 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #318

Citizen

Member No.: 69,212

QUOTE (Thane @ Jun 14 2009, 01:36 AM) *
With that said I am looking for anything that falls into all these categories:

1. Dubbed not Subbed, I am always working while I am watching and dont have time to read the screen (plus subbed drives me insane).

2. Something that I dont have to buy/borrow the books to finish the series or to have it make sense. (I dont have very much time to read)

3. Something that's long, probably at least 50 episodes, with a lot of plot twist!!!! (fma was perfect!)

4. Deep, realistic characters!

5. Something that unlike fma, whose romance points left alot to be desired angry.gif If it has romantic sub plots at least let them be well developed and made relevant to the story! I like some romance in their, but not overbearing or like fma kind of dried out.

6. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! A GOOD, SOLID, NOT NECESSARILY HAPPY (but preferably that way) ENDING THATS SATISFYING!! (you can tell my opinion on fma, one of the best shows Ive ever seen but....grrrrrr)

@Thane - My recommendations are:

Cardcaptor Sakura. I actually think that the dub is a bit better than the subbed episodes (dispite the fact that they don't retain most of the Japanese names). It has 70 episodes and two movies: the first occurring after the 35th episode (it's filler), and the second after the last episode. And the romance is important to the plot, which is kind of odd in a story about ten-year-olds. The only thing on your list that it's missing is a lot of plot twists, there are a few but...well...you'll see.

Code Geass is amazingly badass. 50 episodes of awesomeness. I'd tell you more, but I'm tempted to hint my feelings on the ending (and that would be telling).

School Rumble is 52 episodes of halarious.

Rurouni Kenshin. The dub really good, if you can get over someone having a Southern-American accent when she's Japanese (at least it's only a minor character). There are 95 episodes, but most of them are no good. The good episodes are numbers 1-12 & 28-62.

--------------------

Also, check out this thread concerning the book I'm writing.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 20 2009, 03:07 AM
Post #319

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

to anyone who likes fma (guessin everyone here) I highly recomend D Gray Man, its in a similar genre and is just completly awesome. Also 07 ghost is pretty good, although the anime has just started (and the mangas better XD well they allways are but meh) I'd still defo recomend that

Code Geass FTW

--------------------

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Jul 2 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #320

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

WAHHH!!!!
*HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!*
> Elfen Lied (not for kids below 13 Lol...cuz I'm 13 laugh.gif)
> Air TV (For drama lovers)
> Lovely Complex (For Comedy and Romance genre lovers)
> Jigoku Shoujo (Also known as Hell Girl.... it's an all in one anime I tell you smile.gif)
> Gunslinger Girl (I think Hawkeye should be a part of this show... Joke! tongue.gif)
> Melancholy of Hruhi Suzumiya (This is cute!)
and lastly....
> Lucky Star (This is so funny! The fact that it doesn't even have a concrete plot!...... laugh.gif)

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
Haru0496
post Jul 9 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #321

Citizen

Member No.: 69,958

Hayate no Gotoku and Shakugan no Shana 2?
really nice laugh.gif

--------------------

originally made by Haru0496

+Quote Post
echo55
post Aug 5 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #322

Citizen

Member No.: 70,446

~ Anime Reco ~

Ok.. im looking for a good anime to start watching that has a lot of action.. my taste is naruto, fma(ofcourse), bleach.. i want to find an anime with good fight scenes.. and a good story.. but the story line is expendable if the fights make up for it.. all opinions are much appreciated

<Post merged to Anime Recommendation thread. 08/05/09 ~ Tombow>

+Quote Post
Elrico
post Aug 19 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #323

Citizen

Member No.: 70,675

QUOTE (echo55 @ Aug 5 2009, 05:35 PM) *
~ Anime Reco ~

Ok.. im looking for a good anime to start watching that has a lot of action.. my taste is naruto, fma(ofcourse), bleach.. i want to find an anime with good fight scenes.. and a good story.. but the story line is expendable if the fights make up for it.. all opinions are much appreciated

You can try Yu Yu Hakusho. It's quite classic but it's really great. One of my first anime series.
You can also try Code Geass and Shakugan no Shana.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Aug 21 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #324

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

Two that I recently just finished were Gilgamesh and Last Exile..... I do recommend those to anyone..... they're 26 eps long but worth it. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Aug 24 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #325

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,553

i'm having a few days break so i want to ask 4 ppl on sevveral animes:
1.i just start gundam series and i want to ask whether gundam00 is worthwhile to watch?
2. can anyone recommend series like one piece.
3.and some details on series :baccano!,ninja scroll
4.and a series name :i dot remember its name but it's related to some high class restaurant,i think it's french.
thanks in advance smile.gif
althought i say few days break,i dont mind how long the series is.

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
onigiri_girl
post Sep 1 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #326

Citizen

Member No.: 70,851

For the one who loves to watch teenage japanese high school romance with the touch of Classic Musical Theme, I truly recommend you to watch La Corda D'oro Primo Passo

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Nov 26 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #327

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Forget all this rubbish that's be recommended so far (unless I was the one recommending) and go watch/buy/psychically divine Irresponsible Captain Tylor.
It feels a little dated but that adds to the charm, the dub is solid and it's just funny.
Worth watching just for some of the freeze frame faces.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Nov 27 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #328

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

uhm.... recommendations ??
hmm...

shakugan no Shana, FMA, Death note, Special A...

you decide ... ! sleep.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deadbeat007
post Dec 4 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #329

Citizen

Member No.: 72,024

I've looked through a lot of anime favorites that are usually attached with Shonen like FMA, but I'm having a hard time finding others that I like. Decent animation and good fight scenes are usually what I notice first.

My other favorites:
- FMA: Brotherhood
- Samurai Champloo
- FLCL
- Soul Eater
- Michiko to Hatchin

Can anyone recommend a similar-ish anime/manga? Thanks. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Dec 4 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #330

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Give Casshern Sins a try. The fights in that are pretty great.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 01:10 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css