HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 18: The Arrogant Palm Of A Small Human - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 18 episodes!!
Sannom
post Aug 3 2009, 03:51 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,674

The Ishbalians look really weird in this series.

Grey hair, they all have grey hair, it's a racial particularity along with their eyes and skin tone. But I admit that that color does look better in manga tongue.gif

Speaking of Ishbal, no new-comer to the manga's story has comments on the revelation about Winry's parents murderer?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Aug 3 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 70,107

Epic episode. Great music, nice animation and awesome story with awesome emotion. The only problem I see is that it's all going too fast. In 17 we know about Maria's death and just one ep later that she's alive. In manga it was better. Anyway, it's still great: the history of alchemy i Amestris and Xing (hopefully they didn't reveal that both philosophers looked similar to Edward, it might have suggested that they are Hohenheim and Father too early). The stuff with Barry was nothing special, but the fight was great. And next episode is going to be epic too, because We'll watch the fight with the Homunculi and Lust's death (shame she died but fight between her and Mustang was awesome in manga).

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Aug 3 2009, 07:26 AM
Post #33

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

The preview was actually very interesting when I saw it with subs...made it seem like Hawkeye was going to be killed, as strong and unbeatable as she was, and that at the face of death she revealed herself to be a selfish, uncaring person, but died in vain anyway(new fans obviously wouldn't know the announcer was speaking of Lust). GAAAAH I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK. D:

Also, as everyone has noticed, Hawkeye looks perfect in this episode and the previews of the next! No more doe eyes! XD And also, was it just me and my observation skillz, or did everyone look pretty much like how their supposed to? (I gotta find what other episode this team did...)

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post Aug 3 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

the subs is out !! weeeei \^o^/

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Aug 3 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #35

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I loved this episode. It showed the right things and even if they didn't include every manga moment it made sense and the story flowed nicely. Feel like it was for the first time that I actually heard Breda's voice, it make take some effort to get used to him... And regarding VAs - I, Ling hater, adore Ling's voice and I'm begining to look forward to see Ling, actually.
I thing this episode was balanced and well done and wonderfully animated.

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Aug 3 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

I REALLY enjoyed this episode! It was done really well. Honestly, I haven't read these chapters in forever to know what little pieces they many have left-out, but it didn't bother me.

I'm starting to have faith in this series again and really like it. I'm really, really excited for next week! ROY VS. LUST...ZOMG. I have wanted to see this in action since I read it years ago ^____^

I'm getting really excited now. They're starting to pull things together nicely, and the animation was beautiful, especially of Xerxes.

I also like how they revealed that Scar killed Winry's parents, it was nicely dramatic.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
theicecreamalche...
post Aug 3 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 68,315

What an absolutely fantastic episode! But somehow I've got a feeling next week will top it. FIGHT!

Its funny how last week I was complaining about the music, yet this time they got it bang on, and I thought it fitted really well. Sounded very grandoise and ethereal in places - like when Ed first sees the engraved circle in Xerxes. The animation was really fluid too. Certain areas such as the fight scenes never fail to impress, but I'm glad the Hawk's eyes seem to have regained normalcy Please stay good for next week..! and the colours really seemed to shine in this ep. The backdrops of Xerxes were beautiful. Also, I liked how Mustangs expression was obscured by the sun when he turned to Breda and said 'I'm skilled at making burnt corpses.' Creepy! Even though he may be saving a life now, it reminds you in the past Mustang has killed in such a horrific manner. The mixing up of the manga sections has kept the suspicions about his true nature from dragging onto next week, which I am still slightly put out about. Reading the manga, I was having such trouble deciding whether to root for him or not until the Maria-Ross-is-still-alive revelation. Maybe, I'm dumb to pick up clues, but don't answer the questions so fast next time, Bones!

I noticed they skipped alot of the dashes of comedy which is understandable, although I missed Mustang and Barry pretending to flirt on the phone and Breda telling Ed off for talking to Gracia and yanking him up by his hair. Armstrong chasing Maria and Ed spazzing about the Colonel were great though. Oh, I'm so pleased they planted lots of the panal artwork I love in too. Like Maria crying on horseback and the Scar flashback for instance. Wow, there were so many things I enjoyed about this episode. LING! Such a perfect voice. Poor Falman XD. Ed looked older and pleasing in particular (Not that I'm picturing that scene where he has his shirt off at all, mind you) and its nice to know that in future episodes he will actually age and not be constantly fitted in that damn red coat. The mood of the Isbalan scene was interesting in how it turned from threatening, to happy remembrances of the Rockbells, to shock at discovering how they died. Action, conversation, drama, comedy all rolled into one episode ... FMA2 keeps getting better!

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Aug 3 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

<Note: please try to avoid getting into discussions of fan-subs on this thread.
~ Board staff>

OT:
I have a random complaint with the ep - Eclipse's subs ruin some of the lines. I with there were better translation groups working on FMA2 though I know what went on with the C&D early on. I feel like Eclipse probably aren't familiar with the manga material as some of their lines feel poorly worded and lose the effect from the manga.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Aug 3 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

<Note: please try to avoid getting into discussions of fan-subs on this thread.
~ Board staff>

OT:
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Aug 3 2009, 05:45 PM) *
OT: I have a random complaint with the ep - Eclipse's subs ruin some of the lines. I with there were better translation groups working on FMA2 though I know what went on with the C&D early on. I feel like Eclipse probably aren't familiar with the manga material as some of their lines feel poorly worded and lose the effect from the manga

I downloaded Tomodachi & AsunoSubs so I don't know how Eclipse screwed up this episode...

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 3 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #40

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

@Mr. Deathy - Sorry, but we really would like to avoid getting into discussing about fan-subbed materials for FMA: B episodes on this thread. sad.gif
(Though, I agree that it seems eclipse is not doing as well as it has been, with FMA:B. tongue.gif )

To avoid misunderstanding of the FMA:B episodes based on mistranslations on fansubs, those who can watch official sub, we definitely recommend watching OFFICIAL-SUB episodes. For anyone who is relying on fan-sub viewing because there are no official venues available in your region, try watching a few different versions and see if that would help.

Also, if any particular scene or line does not make sense to you, then try asking about that to those who have access to official subbed version (for example, U.S. and Canadian residents can watch official English sub on Thursday of the same week the episode is aired.)

We also have a thread with the transcripts of official English version for each episode, but currently no volunteers to post the transcript after episode 4. If there is a demand/request for reviving the thread, then post and let us know on Official English sub transcriptions, and we will try to step up our efforts to find volunteers who can keep this project going.
If anyone has the access to official English subbed version of FMA:B episodes, and would kindly volunteer his/her time to post the transcripts, please drop a note (post) on Official English sub transcriptions thread and let us know. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Aug 3 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Another very good episode! I've been very pleased with the episodes so far.
Even though they switched events, it is all coming along nicely.
Though, I kinda wished they didn't reveal Ross being alive til next episode, for more suspension. Oh well..
I LOVED the code conversation! It was one of my faves in the manga, and they are doing a good job of it! I especially liked when Falman smelled tobacco from Havoc, then outed him. lol Havoc's reaction was win.
Can't wait until the next one! It's going to be made of EPIC WIN!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Aug 3 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I love how devious and clever Roy can be, even if there were certainly a lot of plot conveniences for him to work with. In fact, I find that, especially around this portion of the story in the manga, that what Roy and his group are doing is more interesting than what Edward and Alphonse are up to. His whole "fishing" idea and the code name us is interesting and funny. It's too bad they didn't go into Barry being "Bunny" like in the manga, that's one of my favorite bits.

The shuffling is still a tad annoying. The Maria Ross reveal came too soon, and it was much more interesting to see it after the battle with Lust in the manga, because it made you continue to think that Roy was that brutal for a while. I think in general, that having the Xerxes portion broken up, as well as it was handled, was annoying, and would rather have seen that at least in the second half of the episode.

I never liked that scene with Ed and the Ishbalan refugees. It seemed a little tacked on, just a device for getting Ed to realize who it was that killed the Rockbells. It seemed like an awkward place to leave him in the episode, too. The ending of that chapter in the manga would have made one of the best endings of an episode, so one wonders if they plan to end the next episode that way.

The next episode preview is so friggin' clever! I love it. I can only imagine what people who never read the manga will think next week. Makes me wish I was in that position.

Anyway, I didn't go crazy for the episode like some of you (I'm holding out for the next episode), but I thought it was good. I think I heard a new piece of music!

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Red Shrimp
post Aug 3 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 70,065

I expected too much for this episode, somehow I find it boring (especially when Ling, Al and Winry have gathered in the room).

I agree with the posts above, the series is surprisingly going too fast. I wonder if they're eager to reach the recent chapters in the manga. Aside from that, I enjoyed listening to the music. I think it's much better than the first season.

--------------------
I'm not small! I just live in a big world goddammit!

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Aug 4 2009, 02:31 AM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE ("penguintruth")
In fact, I find that, especially around this portion of the story in the manga, that what Roy and his group are doing is more interesting than what Edward and Alphonse are up to.

Well, at that point the brothers don't have a clue to anything and Mustang is the one with all the cards, so Alphonse just joined and Ed had to be directed. Lin, as the leech he is, is always on the good plan.

After that,

the ones taking the initiative will be the brothers while Mustang would be the one to jump on the band-wagon and taking a piece of the loot.

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Aug 4 2009, 03:29 AM
Post #45

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Good episode, as much as I'm a tad dissapointed by the fact they moved this ahead of next week's episode, I think they made up for it in other ways. Primary one being explaining WHY Ed was dragged out there in the first place (so he wouldn't get in the way) was amusing and made a tiny bit more sense than in the manga (he was just taken there to get information from him).

I'm starting to get fed up of Ed gasping at every revelation...

Surprised to see that Lan Fan is with Lin... which makes me wonder if Envy will turn up at all next week... seeings as in the manga he only gets involved because Lan Fan senses him

Also kudos to whoever came up with the idea for the preview for next week, very well done tongue.gif

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 01:34 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css