Project Fma, Let your inner writer out.
Aribelle
post Aug 7 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Aug 7 2009, 10:52 AM) *
Lol, getting all professional now, are we? wink.gif I think once we start actually posting chapters and volumes, we can also promote this on ff.net and see if people over there want to help. I don't know if it'll get big enough for a website though XD

About the first/third person thing, third person seems more popular and easier to read. You guys know the difference between omniscient and limited, right? Limited is like Harry Potter, where the author only knows what's happening inside Harry's head, and omniscient knows everyone's thoughts. For FMA...I don't know which is better, I guess it depends on the specific chapter.

Ahaha, I don't think I have the money to run a website for this project XD but yeah, I can ask some of my friends on ff.net if they'd be interested in coming here and joining, and I can also put a link to this thread on my profile .

I've been writing in third person limited (I dunno, personally I never was a huge fan of omniscient), but sometimes I'll put a line break between scenes and change perspectives. But sometimes you have to do that lol, you can't write something from Ed's perspective if he's not in the scene.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Aug 7 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #47

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

I've been writing in third person limited (I dunno, personally I never was a huge fan of omniscient), but sometimes I'll put a line break between scenes and change perspectives. But sometimes you have to do that lol, you can't write something from Ed's perspective if he's not in the scene.

@Aribelle - that's exactly what I've been doing. With all this 'character perspective' stuff in earlier posts, I was all worried I would have to stick to one perspective throughout the chapter and in first person. That would be a nightmare for me! XD

I'll try to find people to join as well. smile.gif

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Aug 7 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #48

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

I'm relieved that we're sticking to third person... I don't like writing in first person too often, and second person is just.... BLEH. ^^ Anyway, I shall start some volume covers soon, and I'll write up my chapter later!

Where will the finished product be? Will we form a new thread with the finished version, so that everyone in the forums can find it easily? I guess that would make the most sense.. and I wonder how soon we'll start seeing people's chapters..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Aug 7 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #49

We will indeed have a thread for it here. We can post it on ff.net if we want, but that would be in addition to what we already have here.

I'm so excited to see it start coming together!! \o/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Aug 10 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 55,758

Give me a gun. A huge effing skull-shattering gun. I had written about 8 pages in Word, covering the first 27 pages of the manga. And I was getting to feel happy with it, like, really happy. Was so psyched about submitting it to the project.
Then my computer got all screwy and it was all erased, in a flash. I swear, I almost threw the damned laptop out of the window. Restrained myself, though. So now I'm back at square one. I'm gonna have to work my [All hail lord Xenu] off, and not even that might be enough...

Sigh...

EDIT: DistantBlue, concerning the official names, I really think Liore sounds better... But I suppoese it's a little late saying that now. Anyway, if Reole is the correct translation I guess that's the one we should go with.

EDIT2: My step dad is awesome! He just made this day a lot better; somehow he was able to restore my computer to the way it was yesterday night, before I lost the documents. That's pretty awesome, IMO biggrin.gif He's awesome. And now I'm gonna go watch Batman Begins. Peace, folks, and good luck with the writing! Can't wait to see what everyone will do with their pieces smile.gif

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Aug 10 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Aug 10 2009, 12:01 PM) *
Give me a gun. A huge effing skull-shattering gun. I had written about 8 pages in Word, covering the first 27 pages of the manga. And I was getting to feel really happy with it. Like, really happy. Was so psyched about submitting it to the project.
Then my computer got all screwy and it was all erased, in a flash. I swear, I almost threw the damned laptop out of the window. Restrained myself, though. So now I'm back at square one. I'm gonna have to work my [All hail lord Xenu] off, and not even that might be enough...

Sigh...

EDIT: DistantBlue, concerning the official names, I really think Liore sounds better... But I suppoese it's a little late saying that now. Anyway, if Reole is the correct translation I guess that's the one we shoulg go with.

Oh God, I know what you mean, I hate it when technology screws up like that >.< I'll be cheering you on though, I'm sure the second version will be just as good or better! biggrin.gif

About the translation, I got "Reole" from a manga page where it said "Reole" on a map, so I assumed that was the official version happy.gif

Edit: Ah, so you got it back? Yay! laugh.gif So when you feel good about it, send it on to me! :3

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Aug 10 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #52

@Broken Chouchou - Oh yay! I'm glad you were able to get it back ^^.

As for the Reole/Liore translation, it's hard to know since Viz translates it one way while Funimation translates it another way and then the fan translators have yet another translation...so as long as we stick to one and are just consistent it doesn't matter to me which one we use. But if it said "Reole" on the map similar to the way Ling's wristband says "Ling Yao" (Arakawa drew it in that way - it wasn't translated) then I suppose that's the one we should go with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Aug 10 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 49,283

I really like this idea, and would like to join as a writer and editor if you're still in need.

Also, I highly suggest using google docs. Anyone who can make a google account can use it, and you can access it from any computer with the internet...and it has document sharing, giving you options to invite people you're like to share it with, get link to share, share with collaborators, send as attachment, and has the all mighty spell check. And you have the option of allowing those it's shared with to edit the document or just view it. Just like at fanfiction.net, documents can be uploaded from your computer to their site just as easily.

It's going to be interesting to see how this project turns out.

As for the question as to whether an novelized adaptation of the anime(s) should be done as well, I think it'll be easier to tackle one form of media first, then move on to the others.

I wish everyone good luck on this project!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Aug 11 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #54

Yay!! biggrin.gif I'm glad you're interested ^^ we'd love to have you. I'll add you as a writer and you can ask kkg22104 what she needs help with for editing. And thanks for the tip on google docs - that sounds like it would make things a lot easier \o/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Backfired
post Aug 11 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #55

Citizen

Member No.: 70,505

Hello!

kkg22104 said I could join the editing team, so I'm posting here too. biggrin.gif I'm excited!

thanks~

--------------------
||= [Deviantart] =||
||= [tumblr] =||
I don't take any credit for the avatar.

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Aug 11 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #56

Yay! Glad to have you with us~

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Aug 11 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #57

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

@Causmicfire: Glad to have you join us biggrin.gif I'm happy so many people are volunteering to help edit things, it'll make publishing chapters a lot faster if more people work together. Also, thanks for the suggestion about google docs, I do have a gmail account, but I've never tried using that application before. What does everyone else think? tongue.gif

And of course, welcome Backfired smile.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Aug 11 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #58

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Aug 11 2009, 07:50 PM) *
@Causmicfire: Glad to have you join us biggrin.gif I'm happy so many people are volunteering to help edit things, it'll make publishing chapters a lot faster if more people work together. Also, thanks for the suggestion about google docs, I do have a gmail account, but I've never tried using that application before. What does everyone else think? tongue.gif

And of course, welcome Backfired smile.gif

I think we should try to use it, it would make things easier than having to send someone a PM, then transferring that to Word, then re-sending a PM...etc. I have a gmail account too, actually I have a couple for different things lol and they're very easy to make. I'm not very familiar with how the docs feature works though, so I'm playing around with it now...but yeah, if we could get everyone to use it I think it would make things a lot easier. People could upload documents and send them to you or another editor, and you can edit it right there and send it to whoever will be posting it in the thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Aug 11 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 55,758

Question: Let's say I finish my first chapter today, or tomorrow, should I then send it to kkg22104 via PM or should I hang on until we get this gmail thing going?

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Aug 12 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 49,283

So, I was wondering about formatting. Should we indent paragraphs? I usually only do this when writing school papers, because when you upload to fanfiction.net, the indentation are lost in their formatting system, so I just stopped using indentations.

Gosh, I don't think I ever realized how much went on in chapter six until now...I hope my adaptation does Arakawa's work justice. *is currently finish up the first draft before bedtime*

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 11:32 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css