Reply to this topicStart new topic
Project Fma, Let your inner writer out.
Broken Chouchou
post Jun 15 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #181

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,758

I was to cover chapter 1 and 2. I'm 90 % done with chapter 1, but I very much doubt I'll be able to finish chapter 2. So, my humble request would be if anyone could cover for me and take over? I feel pretty bad for asking this, especially so late. But I can't see myself finishing it anytime soon, if at all. I think I may have overestimated my writing abilities D; I'm sowwy.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jun 15 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #182

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

I'll take it! I like that one! biggrin.gif (Though I don't know if I should when I haven't even finished my other chapters, lol...)

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jun 15 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #183

Member No.: 55,758

Really? Oh that'd be great! What a relief ^^;;; Thank you!

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Thalogens
post Jun 15 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #184

Alchemists

Member No.: 70,644

As long as I don't take up anymore chapters, I'm fine with this still. I've handed in chp. 11 I think, I need to get a move on with the others sorry - its taken a backseat (along with the rest of my life) because of my exams :S

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 15 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #185

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Just to give added incentive/motivation (maybe? ^^) personally I think this is an awesome project, and I believe in you guys' ability to keep on and complete the project sometime, and once done, I'd hope to have the whole completed story permanently/prominently displayed on our board, with the credit to all of the chapter authors' names of course, as a part of what I dubbed "operation FMA shrine" (it's a kind of FMA content improvement project for our board that's in planning for the immediate future for our board.) biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 15 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #186

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

Oh Tombow you're so good to us. biggrin.gif

I had forgotten about Project FMA for a while when I wasn't receiving email alerts, but once all 300 of them flooded my inbox, I remembered. lol! I do have a few cover pictures finished, so I'll write the chapters as soon as I can!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 16 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #187

Member No.: 68,646

Thanks Tombow, that sounds awesome! =D

No worries at all about not working on chapters or anything; I had a really busy year school-wise so I had to step back as well. I'll PM all the people signed up for various things on volume one to make sure they're still on board, and we can go from there.

For now I think it would be best to just focus on finishing one volume at a time as we (hopefully) get moving again, so I'm going to temporarily halt the chapter claiming thread until we can get sort of caught up.

Also, for future reference, how do you all want to approach the final chapter? Want to divide it up or just have one person do it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Dec 25 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #188

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

Hey, sorry to bump up such an old thread. :c
But I was just wondering; is this still happening? I may have been a failed writer, but I know that people put a lot of work into this, and I wouldn't want to see that go to waste. It doesn't look like anything has been happening with this project for quite a while, but I'd just like you to know that if you want to keep going with this, I would be more than willing to help out and get it going again. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Dec 25 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #189

Alchemists

I don't think the project is DEAD exactly, just...sleeping? On hiatus? I'd personally be heartbroken if we gave up on it altogether... sad.gif

I've only just gotten a break from my online college classes (this whole year has been insane for me), so I've got more time to focus on my Nina chapter. Hopefully I'll be able to submit something soon...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Dec 25 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #190

Yeah, I was hoping the project didn't just die. :c Who else is still working on it/willing to work on it? D:
Oh, and I need to write chapter 20. >> I'll be sure to get on it, and hopefully have it done by the end of winter break.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Dec 26 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #191

Alchemists

Okay...I'm in brainstorming mode. You know what we need?

We need to give this awesome project some extra kick. We need an official Project FMA writer's group! A time where we can all regularly get together, share and offer feedback on each other's work, keep track of our progress, and just get each other inspired and excited again. Doesn't matter if it's weekly or monthly; any activity - anything - would help a lot. Maybe the reason why things have been so quiet is because we haven't really been connecting as writers or seen a lot of real progress. I know there are few things more motivating to me as a writer than getting encouragement and critique from other people who are just as crazy as I am. biggrin.gif

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there, anyway. What do you guys think? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 26 2010, 04:39 AM
Post #192

Group Icon

@Dearheart & Rainshine - Glad to see you guys are willing to help out in keeping this project going! ^^
From what I see, the project is not dead but simply "forgotten" and I think it can use some "reminders" to all the participating writers to get them going with the writing for this project again, it seems. smile.gif

Could any of you contact the project administrator-manager, Aribelle and find out what stage the project is at now, how far along it's been going, if any of the chapters are finished and ready to be published on the board, and (should any of you be willing to help Aribelle with the organizing part of the project) whether she would like to have some extra help organizing and pushing the project forward, etc.

And, should Aribelle agree, please go ahead and help her with sending out inquiries to the writers who have "reserved" the chapters, and ask whether she/he would still want to write that chapter, and if not then assign that chapter to someone willing to actually write the chapter, setting new time frame/schedule and informing writers, and keep reminding writers till the chapter is written and the completed work is submitted, etc. etc. etc. ?? (just as examples ^^) But first, please consult Aribelle and find out what exactly she would need in terms of administrative assistances. smile.gif

As you know, organizing and managing this kind of project takes lots of work, and I'm very grateful that Aribelle had conceived this project and done awesome job of organizing it so far, and if she needs some extra help managing it and moving it forward, and if you guys can help her out in managing and completing this project, I'd appreciate that very much because quite a few members, including yours truly, have been looking forward to, and patiently awaiting for the chance to read the completed story. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Dec 26 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #193

Dearheart- Ooh, I like that idea. biggrin.gif The only problem I think would be trying to get everyone together. There are time zone differences, and people have school and work and plans, so that might not work. But maybe we could make our own forum. Nothing special or very fancy, just something exclusively for the people working on Project FMA, and we could use it for checkups and critique and motivation, like you said. And maybe we could post chapters there, and other members could give feedback. And yeah, I agree, people need to start communicating with each other again, or this project really isn't going anywhere. XD

Tombow- Thanks! I can send out PMs to the writers to see if they still want to do this, but not now. Once I find the time. ;D
I'm really excited that other people (well okay. two. XD) want to see this project go on, and I'd love to someday see this submitted and up on the forums. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 26 2010, 01:02 PM
Post #194

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rainshine @ Dec 26 2010, 03:44 PM) *
Tombow- Thanks! I can send out PMs to the writers to see if they still want to do this, but not now. Once I find the time. ;D

@Rainshine - That would be great. ^^ But first, please make sure to contact Aribelle and find out her current plan for the project, and ask her if this would help the running/organising of the project. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rainshine @ Dec 26 2010, 03:44 PM) *
Dearheart- Ooh, I like that idea. biggrin.gif The only problem I think would be trying to get everyone together. There are time zone differences, and people have school and work and plans, so that might not work. But maybe we could make our own forum. Nothing special or very fancy, just something exclusively for the people working on Project FMA, and we could use it for checkups and critique and motivation, like you said. And maybe we could post chapters there, and other members could give feedback. And yeah, I agree, people need to start communicating with each other again, or this project really isn't going anywhere. XD

This is where the board could, possibly, help. We may be able to provide with the sub-forum for the project, should Aribelle and the board decide that that might be beneficial for the project, but this will involve additional discussions between her and the board. smile.gif
Again, please contact Aribelle and ask her to contact me if she is interested in considering this option. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 27 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #195

Group Icon

<Double posting with justice. This post will be merged shortly. ^^>

@Dearheart, Rainshine, and everyone who is kindly taking interest in helping out revitalising of this project....

I realized that you guys may not know Aribelle personally and hence might by hesitant to contact her personally. So, I took the liberty of going ahead and contacting her and asking her to come on board. biggrin.gif

She kindly responded immediately and she is here now, and I think she may have some plans of her own for the project also (maybe.. I'm just guessing xd) Anyway, please wait for her post, and find out her current plans for the project, etc.. ^^ Then, after her post, please use this thread for discussions about the ways to help her out in revitalizing this awesome project. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 01:40 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css