Reply to this topicStart new topic
Project Fma, Let your inner writer out.
Broken Chouchou
post Oct 27 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #166

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,758

I really like the second and the last of the sigs ^^ Hope you're feeling better, by the way.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Dec 21 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #167

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

I'd like to join!

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Dec 22 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #168

Member No.: 68,646

Awesome! It's great to have you ^^

Also, I just wanted to kind of check in with everyone working on something for volume one...how is everything going?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Dec 23 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #169

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

Ooh... thanks for reminding me Aribelle... I have a chapter to write and some other chapters to edit... O.O I better start on that...
*flees*

--------------------

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Dec 23 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #170

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

I'd like to help out wherever possible. Writing, editing, proof reading, art what ever it is you need doing just yell.

--------------------

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Dec 30 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #171

Citizen

Member No.: 71,431

I'm interested in joining! I'd help with art or writing. I don't know how often I'll be able to contribute, because I'm really busy, but I would like to do what I can.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Dec 31 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #172

@Rain-Alchemist - haha, don't worry, I think everyone's been busy with school/holidays/whatnot (myself included ^^; )

@mellulah and heartwing713 - Thanks for joining! We don't really have any deadlines or whatever because there's already enough stress in the world lol, so yeah, whenever you can contribute is great smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jan 1 2010, 02:18 AM
Post #173

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

^ Aha, thanks. happy.gif I've finally gotten started on editing some chapters, and hopefully I'll be finished with chapter 20 by the end of winter break. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kisara
post Jan 1 2010, 03:16 AM
Post #174

Apprentice

Member No.: 43,253

This sounds interesting. I love to write and I need a new project. So count me in smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jan 15 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #175

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

Ooh, interesting. I've been thinking whether or not to join this team for a while. I've been considering homework, theatre, and other teenager-related distractions against the pride and joy of working on this project, not to mention having that improvement in writing... so I've decided I will join you guys, if you'll have me.

1) Would you like to participate now or in the future?
I'll go for it now; Be warned though, I get pretty busy sometimes with homework and theatre, like I said. But when I come home, I like to come home to FMA, and I think Project FMA is a good way to enjoy doing something you love and getting things done.

2) How would you like to contribute? Currently we're looking for writers.
I can write, no problem. I have an ff.n account, but I'm insanely shy/modest about my work, so until my confidence has a sudden boost, then I'll keep my profile under wraps. tongue.gif. I'm also a grammar nazi, especially when it comes to formal, more professional writing. Here on the forums, without a doubt I consider myself pretty lax with my n00b-ish "O rly"s and the like, but don't worry, my inner grammar nazi is everpresent in what I do. I'm also hardcore for spelling... Yes, so I think I'd make a decent editor/beta- whatever is available. I'm also a pretty good sketcher. I work best with Mustang and Pride, but my weaknesses are defintely drawing women. I'm a girl, but I draw guys. But I don't think you guys are looking for illustrators at the moment, so... yeah.

To sum it up: Writer, editor, sketcher (as a last resort... and don't make me do anything involving coloring. I can color on photoshop, but that takes forever, IMO, since then I get all OCD on it).

3) Do you have any suggestions/concerns about the way things are organized? Are there things you'd like me or anyone else to clarify?
You guys are amazing at the organization of all this. I love how it's all done and the way you guys appear to cooperate with anoter and whatnot but I'd like to point out a little suggestion, if you will. In the first post it read writers were going in 1st Person POV, but as I continued reading the thread, I realized you guys switched over to 3rd person. I really, really, really didn't mean to be picky about it, but I thought it would keep things simple if someone didn't read the thread and just started writing then went "Oops...you guys decided on going to 3rd person and I didn't know." Sorry, for attacking that...

And sorry for the unnecessarily long post... unsure.gif happy.gif

EDIT: And what about the usage of onomatopoeias? Encouraged? Discouraged? Writer's choice?

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jan 28 2010, 01:01 AM
Post #176

Sorry for my delayed reply ^^;

But thanks for joining smile.gif as far as first or third person POV goes, it's up to the writer to decide which they'd rather use...if I'm contradicting what I said in an earlier post I apologize (it's late and my internet is going in and out *rage*)

Onomatopoeias are fine with me...writers can write however they feel most comfortable. The only things that need to be consistent are good spelling and decent grammar. But then again, that's why we have editors <3

/has terrible grammar

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Feb 8 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #177

Hello all,

Due to life being hectic I'm not going to be around much in the near future - so please direct any questions to Broken Chouchou in my absence. Everything related to this project will continue as usual - I know things have slowed but should they pick up all of the lists/reservations/claims will still be updated and kept track of.

Carry on~

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 14 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #178

Errr, hi guys ^^

I know things have kind of stopped lately, and that's probably in part due to the business of life/school/the excitement of the final chapter, but how are people feeling about this? That is, are people still interested? If I could have some feedback on where we are maybe we can regroup and try to get things going again, perhaps try to set some goals? No time like the present :D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jun 15 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #179

Member No.: 55,758

I'm afraid I haven't gotten much done lately, and I feel I might have to drop some of the chapters that I said I'd do. I'll probably never be able to get them done. I will submit my first chapter though, as soon as it's ready. I know it's been ages, and I'm sorry >.< The chapter's been done for a pretty long time, but I've never gotten around to touch it up. Currently I THINK (ahem, Rinny?) it's in the process - a slightly irregular and maybe not so prioritised one - of being proofread, and once I get my feedback I'll probably edit it a bit before I submit it.

So, you will get it. It's just a question of when really.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jun 15 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #180

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

I have a humble request and I apologize if it sounds stupid...but do we have all the chapters of volume 1 done yet? And if so, could we get them posted? I think if people could see the progress and read each other's work, it would help wake things up and get us some fresh motivation. Or at least, it would for me. xD (I also have some grandparents I've been DYING to introduce to FMA and I'd love to give them the first few chapters of the novel sometime.) I mean, we all love writing and FMA, right? And we all want this to be amazing. Maybe if we could do more to work with each other as a community or meet up for a writer's group every week or something, it would help. I know nothing gives me more motivation as a writer than the critique and encouragement of other writers.

And I haven't given up on my chapters. I'm still trying to wrap up the Nina one and I've put some good dents into the other ones. I had to push them to the backburner for a while, but now that it's summer, I have more time to focus on all my gazillions of writing projects. biggrin.gif So I'll try to catch up as fast as I can.

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2016 - 08:47 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css