HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 15: Envoy From The East - Content Discussion Thread, Caution! Spoilers for the first 15 episodes!
Vlyse
post May 22 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #61

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,791

All the good parts were basically taken from the OP. Winry/Scar, Lust/Gluttony/Envy/Wrath/Father, Ed in the Gate, Roy vs Lust, May vs Chimera, and Xingese vs Wrath. Everything that made this the best OP for me..got cut. sad.gif

May was decent. I was hoping for something higher pitched like the Japanese VA.

Ling was okay for his comedic moments, but I don't think he'll be able to sound too serious, if I'm going off with what I heard from him as Death the Kid.

Fu was great. Lan Fan was perfect.

The ED got off easy, but they're going to have problems with it in episodes 19, 22, and 26.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post May 22 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #62

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

So basically... nothing was kept in the opening. Them sitting by a tree.. and.. walking down a railroad. That's all it is?
Wow adult swim. You guys ROCK.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post May 22 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #63

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ May 23 2010, 12:42 AM) *
So basically... nothing was kept in the opening. Them sitting by a tree.. and.. walking down a railroad. That's all it is?
Wow adult swim. You guys ROCK.

Actually it's Funimation that's submitting the Openings edited like that. Notice that while there are jumps in the footage, the English text credits themselves are are smooth and consistent.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post May 22 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #64

Alchemists

It's FUNi doing it? I assumed it was adult swim wanting an extra 30 seconds for a commercial.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post May 23 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #65

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

I thought Adult Swim mandated that Funimation submit episodes with no eyecatches and shorter openings and closings, but it was Adult Swim that added a new commercial break, removed the previews, and moved after-credits scenes to beforehand instead. The episodes on their Video site don't have the latter kinds of edits, so that's what I'm basing this on.

+Quote Post
Billea_the_Turtl...
post May 23 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #66

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,334

So Funimation screwed up the opening. They left out all the good parts of it... Thanks a whole bunch.

Ling was sort of meh for me. He sounded better at the end of the episode, but at the beginning... Wasn't a fan. Hopefully, he will grow into his role.
Ranfan was perfect, as was Fuu. May was well decent. I'm too used to her Japanese voice, though.

--------------------
"Wisdom begins in wonder." ~Socrates

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post May 23 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #67

Alchemists

^gotcha

Okay, I just watched the episode smile.gif
Besides the opening being butcherd ridiculously, I really liked the episode. Lings voice wasn't totally what I was expecting, but by the end of the episode I was used to it. I loved Lanfans instantly, but Fu's bothers me. It's to.. old man-ish. Theres to much raspy-ness to it, so it makes it hard to understand what he's saying. You have to concentrate on it a bit more.
May's voice.. I'll get used to it I guess.
I love love love love love that they kept in the "I no understand this country language" line biggrin.gif I've always loved it. And I forgot how adorable Ling was when he huggled Ed before Winry showed up. (Bones, I'm still mad I didn't get my winry-ed chainsaw scene)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post May 23 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #68

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

I'm really getting a kick out of the animation of alchemy in this series. Key points being the Silver Alchemist's transmutations and Ed ripping a spear out of that pipe. It just isn't the same watching it in crappy quality on my computer screen.

Maybe it's just me, but Mei Chan's May Chang's voice was pretty annoying.

Ling sounds good, only...well, sort of like a stereotypical Asian voice. Real nice.
Ran Fan Lan Fan and Fu are okay.

The shining voice in this is still Alphonse.

Man, they cut the ending...this is going to be a problem eventually...

Edit: Anybody notice during the opening that they labeled it as "Again by Yui"?

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post May 23 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (Radadinator @ May 23 2010, 03:43 AM) *

Well, how on earth anyone could be expecting anything different completely eludes me. The Japanese voice was annoying, and when I was reading the manga, I pictured an annoying, high-pitched voice. May Chang's voice is annoying. It's just a fact of nature. She's one of my favorite characters, but GOD her voice is annoying. It just sorta... suits her. xD

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post May 23 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #70

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ May 23 2010, 07:35 AM) *
QUOTE (Radadinator @ May 23 2010, 03:43 AM) *

Well, how on earth anyone could be expecting anything different completely eludes me. The Japanese voice was annoying, and when I was reading the manga, I pictured an annoying, high-pitched voice. May Chang's voice is annoying. It's just a fact of nature. She's one of my favorite characters, but GOD her voice is annoying. It just sorta... suits her. xD

I wasn't really expecting anything else for May's voice. I was just stating that it was annoying. Fits her perfectly. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post May 23 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #71

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I didn't like May's voice until I heard Ling's. No offense, but I hated his voice. I thought he sounded too much like James from Pokemon. He sounded too feminine and I don't think the kind of voice they gave him will work well in his more serious scenes. I don't usually complain about voices, so this is a first (ok maybe second) for me. I did liked Ran Fan and Fu's voices though.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post May 23 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #72

State Alchemist (Major)

I'm not really one to complain about voices, because I try to remember Maxey's case. When I heard her first 2 lines as Alphonse, my jaw literally dropped because I couldn't believe that Funimation casted such a sucky voice actor. But man has she come FAR. Now I think I can honestly say that she is equivalent to Aaron's Alphonse, to say the least. It didn't take her long to fit into the role, either, so let's just hope that it's the same for Mr. Todd Haberkorn.

--------------------

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post May 24 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #73

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

^ I would agree with that! I don't dislike any of the new voice actors, but I just hope that either I'll get used to them or they'll fall into their role nicely. But I have to admit Ling's line of "I no speak much country's language" (or something along those lines...) was super hilarious! Serious scenes will soon prove his skill...

The episode itself was really funny too! Winry getting mad at Ed, Ed & Al getting thrown around by ninjas, and Yoki getting bitten by a mini panda... What else could you want? laugh.gif Yoki's voice by itself makes me want to laugh out loud, in a good way.

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post May 24 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (EveningAlchemist @ May 24 2010, 04:23 PM) *
^ I would agree with that! I don't dislike any of the new voice actors, but I just hope that either I'll get used to them or they'll fall into their role nicely. But I have to admit Ling's line of "I no speak much country's language" (or something along those lines...) was super hilarious! Serious scenes will soon prove his skill...

The episode itself was really funny too! Winry getting mad at Ed, Ed & Al getting thrown around by ninjas, and Yoki getting bitten by a mini panda... What else could you want? laugh.gif Yoki's voice by itself makes me want to laugh out loud, in a good way.

Yeah, I don't dislike any of them either. I think I'm one of the few people that actually enjoyed Todd Haberkorn's Ling, but I do hope that he improves his serious moments just a tad.

And it WAS a funny episode! Ha, I was watching this episode with my Dad, and when Ling said, "Then I'll just have to stay with you until you tell me!" and glomped Ed, my Dad was like, "Oh my, he's a little gay, isn't he?" xD and then in the next scene where Garfiel was watching over Winry fixing Ed's arm he was like, "And who's THIS gay guy?" lol, I'm not sure what kind of show he thinks this is.

--------------------

-Martha Washington

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post May 24 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #75

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ May 24 2010, 02:46 PM) *
QUOTE (EveningAlchemist @ May 24 2010, 04:23 PM) *

Yeah, I don't dislike any of them either. I think I'm one of the few people that actually enjoyed Todd Haberkorn's Ling, but I do hope that he improves his serious moments just a tad.

And it WAS a funny episode! Ha, I was watching this episode with my Dad, and when Ling said, "Then I'll just have to stay with you until you tell me!" and glomped Ed, my Dad was like, "Oh my, he's a little gay, isn't he?" xD and then in the next scene where Garfiel was watching over Winry fixing Ed's arm he was like, "And who's THIS gay guy?" lol, I'm not sure what kind of show he thinks this is.

He did seem pretty intense when he was talking with Fuu there about "bowing to lower people", so I will trust in him! In the meantime we can rest in peace knowing he can make us laugh. These earlier episodes are full of humor, so it livens me up after watching the lastest in Japanese.

Parents must find anime very awkward... especially when the gay jokes show up! laugh.gif

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 09:20 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css