HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 97 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
amestris_star
post Jul 11 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #91

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

Can we just say that August will be an epic FMA month? XD

And thanks for pointing that LOL thing about the military women over there, I hadn't noticed that myself.

Go Riza, Rebecca and Maria! >D
And Olivier of course >D

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mistress of Mise...
post Jul 11 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 34,631

Exciting doesn't even cover this chapter. Wow. Arakawa has restored my faith after some questionable Roy/Envy interaction and frankly uninteresting cyclop zombies. My respect for Bradley has just skyrocketed. (anyone else think he's the best villain here?) I would very much like to see some interaction between him and his wife... Whether he dies or not, I really hope Wrath gets a good ending.

Don't care about Buccaneer one way or the other. Some minor characters just don't grow on me. =/ D'AWWW at Falman, though. x3

The fights promise to be epic next chapter. Everything's in so much chaos right now, and I really hope that Arakawa gets the pacing right and gives everyone a suitable ending, especially Ed and Al. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic...

--------------------

If everything appears to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jul 11 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #93

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,553

actually i think we are getting a feast here .firstly ep 14 is about bradley skills,and now this smile.gif

for not showing ed & al....welll- i think it's a monthly issue so it gonna to be a bit late or look it in another way,40 pgs=2 issue of weekly manga.i am not too worried cos arakawa shows us a mostly consistent plot.she may fail one or two,but still her story is good,and u know she has planned it out,and she's human...i am sure she has something big to show them,and the bradley reappearance ,oliver armstrong troops,and hoho fight do interested me ,and i do want getting a break from ed & al .
for envy...well i do questions some of it..but i need to see further chapters b4 i comment about it .

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 11 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #94

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Jul 10 2009, 10:28 PM) *
Anyone else amused/angered by the epic fail of military women in the second panel?

..r. I'm guessing the two in skirts had more of desk jobs like Sheska......the other one looks like she's just pointing and pulling the trigger. Of course, they're saved by Buccaneer, and they don't even seem to have a single moment of contemplation about whether or not to follow his orders.

I noticed that right away also, but judging from their complete lack of fighting spirit, I automatically assumed these must be civilians hired for office works, like Sheska, and since this is HQ I'm guessing there are a quite few of these office workers in the building. biggrin.gif

Also, I find the fact that Briggs has named their teams by color rather than with the Nato phonetic alphabet (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc.) like they did in 71 a bit odd.

Ha, that's an interesting point.. if I may venture to guess... they must have planed these operations secretly on the side, while being under the command of Central Army commander sent to Briggs, so they might have chosen color code? Just my wild guess. tongue.gif

lol at Buccaneer telling Falman to stop crying when he's trying to act brave.

Ah yes, but something I'd like to point out, just in case it's not that apparent in the translated versions of the chapter... If anyone takes this scene as if Buccaneer is scolding/or making fun of Falman for crying, followed by Buccaneer barking at Bradley like some stupid macho man saying "I'm not done yet, come and fight me!" kind of way... then that's not so, IMO. My interpretation is that Buccaneer knows very well that Falman is NOT a "fighter" kind of soldier like other Briggs soldiers are. Falman used to work in intelligence part of military, and he's not good at combat fighting skills, and as such he is a dead meat in this scene, as he was put on the spot to open the gate for Bradley, and likely to be killed by Bradley any moment for refusing to open the gate for him. Buccaneer sees this, and tries to save Falman's imminent death by diverting Bradley's attention to him even though himself is (I'm guessing) badly injured. Bradley sees that as well ... a very HUMAN trait... of sacrificing self to save comrade, or others when the obviously weak party who has a no chance of fighting is in danger, as well as the human trait of keeps fighting for the cause even when knowing you're likely to die in trying. smile.gif ... Anyway, sorry if I stated something obvious. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 11 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #95

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE ("Mistress of Misery")
anyone else think he's the best villain here?

Who can doubt it? He is in charge since Lust died, is absolutely unbeatable (nobody ever touched him, nobody was able to keep the offensive against him) as far as we know, has knowledge of the human mind that is only rivaled by Kimblee's amongst the bad guys, and he is freaking scary. Since Father is closed up in his underground hole and never acts directly, Bradley is the real threat for every good guy, the main bad guy even if not the last one.

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Jul 12 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #96

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

My respect for Bradley has just skyrocketed. (anyone else think he's the best villain here?)

Totally agree! His fight in this chapter totally rocks. It's an awesome chapter, the best among the last ones.
Oh and Olivia Armstrong obviously still rules. "I can't fathom why anyone would sit in such and easy-sniped spot".

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jul 12 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #97

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Sannom @ Jul 11 2009, 11:51 PM) *
Who can doubt it? He is in charge since Lust died, is absolutely unbeatable (nobody ever touched him, nobody was able to keep the offensive against him) as far as we know, has knowledge of the human mind that is only rivaled by Kimblee's amongst the bad guys, and he is freaking scary. Since Father is closed up in his underground hole and never acts directly, Bradley is the real threat for every good guy, the main bad guy even if not the last one.
One can actually argue that the Homunculi needs Bradley more than their master. His destruction is the mortal wound to their authority and control of humankind (At least, that's true in Anime1).

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 12 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #98

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE ("Claudius")
One can actually argue that the Homunculi needs Bradley more than their master. His destruction is the mortal wound to their authority and control of humankind (At least, that's true in Anime1).

Before yes, but I think it is no longer true. But Bradley remains the biggest obstacle for Olivia, Mustang, Greelin (although that guy isn't among the good guys) and Grumman since he is the one officially in charge of the country, and hence the one they must get rid of in order to get to the head of the country.

+Quote Post
HannahBlack09
post Jul 12 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #99

Citizen

Member No.: 65,042

I totally looved this chapter!! When I saw that it was over I couldnt believe it.. what a battle cliffhanger..

Father's new image is really creepy! and Hoho is awsome for understanding each soul inside of him.. epic battle comming soon tongue.gif

Bradley appeared in perfect timing to crush everybody's hopes ... my respect for him went up high when he killed all those soldiers and went through the tank.. amazing.. AMAZING!

D'aaaawww.. for Falman.. really sweet that he was crying and that he apologized to Roy (eventhough he wasnt there xD)..

Really looking foward to the next chapter!

Two epic battles coming! Greedling vs Bradley and Hoho vs Father

I loved it so much that I didnt notice that neither Ed nor Al were in the chap.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Shrimp
post Jul 13 2009, 02:33 AM
Post #100

Citizen

Member No.: 70,065

With Hoho vs Father (who was a being like Pride: the eyes, many many eyes) and Greed!Ling vs Wrath - this could really be an epic showdown. Which means the story must be nearing its end. Why oh why when I just had to be so addicted to it!

But if really is drawing to a conclusion... what about their quest for Rentanjutsu? You know - the reversed transmutation circle that Al came up with?

Why am I thinking that the ending could be a cliffhanger....

--------------------
I'm not small! I just live in a big world goddammit!

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 13 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #101

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

^ in reference to that, do we know yet what hoho was doing when he ripped open his chest and parts of the philosphers stone dropped on the floor? Maybe the reverse circle was been made right under fathers nose and requires that energy from hoho's stone to activate and ruin his plan at the last second. I think its probably got a good year left, theres so many loose ends yet to be explained, im betting 108 chapters, i'd be very surprised if it was less than that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Jul 13 2009, 05:14 AM
Post #102

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

ditto. Forsaken Love: some good ideas here. i think we may be able to bet on a few more chapies though. i always thought ed would fight the farther and that he would free the souls from the fathers body and sacrifice the father for al's body. anyways. greed v brad. okay. we are about to experience arakawa at her finest in years so this had better be so ***cking awsome that i will actually eat my own head or else i may actually become the next gordon brown. god forbid that happeining. can't wait anyway. woot brotherhood episode with ling for teh first time tomoz!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOT.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jul 13 2009, 07:11 AM
Post #103

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (Claudius @ Jul 12 2009, 07:17 PM) *

I dunno about that to be honest. Bradley is important, very important, but I think you're forgetting he's only been around for sixty years. The Homunculi have had their plan in action for centuries. I'm not saying Bradley isn't important, probably the most important to the plan of the seven Homunculi, but to argue they need him more than Father is going a tad far in my opinion.

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jul 13 2009, 06:04 AM) *
^ in reference to that, do we know yet what hoho was doing when he ripped open his chest and parts of the philosphers stone dropped on the floor? Maybe the reverse circle was been made right under fathers nose and requires that energy from hoho's stone to activate and ruin his plan at the last second. I think its probably got a good year left, theres so many loose ends yet to be explained, im betting 108 chapters, i'd be very surprised if it was less than that.

I've been wondering the same thing. I think that the reverse circle is a distinct possibility, would explain why Hohonheim insisted on going to a certain place. It's also the only thing I can think of him actually having done.

I dunno about the series lasting a year more, I'd say a good sixth months tops. BONES wouldn't be doing Brotherhood if the series wasn't coming to an end soon. As many loose ends as there are, I think they could actually succeed in tying them up satisfyingly in that time.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 13 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #104

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE ("Red Shrimp")
what about their quest for Rentanjutsu? You know - the reversed transmutation circle that Al came up with?

Why am I thinking that the ending could be a cliffhanger....

Al didn't come up with it, he just found something that was already done by someone else wink.gif Plus the quest for Rentanjutsu, which is something I never believed in, was cut short the day Alphonse proved unable to learn it and May unable to teach it laugh.gif I think the difference in culture is too high, that kind of stuff comes naturally to a Xingese, but to an Amestrian like Alphonse, I think it's too hard without clearer explanations.

QUOTE ("Jealous Rogo")
I dunno about that to be honest. Bradley is important, very important, but I think you're forgetting he's only been around for sixty years. The Homunculi have had their plan in action for centuries. I'm not saying Bradley isn't important, probably the most important to the plan of the seven Homunculi, but to argue they need him more than Father is going a tad far in my opinion.

Bradley is certainly the most important of the Homonculus, that's for sure. He was charged to find human sacrifices, finish the circle with some wars, etc. He isn't more important than Father for the plan, but I stay on my position that he is the true main villain of the manga, because Father is too far from the action to be called such.

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jul 13 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #105

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (Sannom @ Jul 13 2009, 12:13 PM) *
Bradley is certainly the most important of the Homonculus, that's for sure. He was charged to find human sacrifices, finish the circle with some wars, etc. He isn't more important than Father for the plan, but I stay on my position that he is the true main villain of the manga, because Father is too far from the action to be called such.

Agreed that Bradley is the most important of the Homonculus, and he's definately a very important villain, but I think that you have to remember that without Father, none of the events of the manga would ever have even happened. That being said, Bradley has probably had the biggest presence of all the Homunculus (with Envy coming a close second)

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 06:12 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css