HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 97 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
penguintruth
post Jul 10 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #76

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,921

Oh, I have faith, Kirara, but faith can't be blind, it has to be based on something. I always have faith that Arakwa will eventually come through, but it seems to me that the two main protagonists of the entire story should be a little more active than theyve been as of late, even at the cost of less time with other interesting characters. One or two chapters of Ed and Al on the sidelines is one thing, but this story is reaching its conclusion, and in my opinion, if it can go on like this without them, it might as well not have had them as the focus to begin with.

I'm not saying she forgot them entirely, but she does need to keep in mind that they are, or should be, the key players in the story.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jul 10 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #77

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

Maybe you think it is blind faith but I don't. I remember when people complained that Roy and Riza were not doing much and what do you know recently they have done a lot.

I remember when people complained that Arakawa had forgotten about Ling and here he is.

I remember when people complained that Arakawa had forgotten about the Hohenheim VS Father fight and what do you know it was epic.

I have no blind faith because I've seen people complain and yet Arakawa has always brought these characters back and come through in the end,

In an interview not so long ago Arakawa said she had all the final fights planned out. Now I don't know but maybe we haven't seen Ed & Al do much because well we aren't up to their specific final fights.

There is still Pride and there is still dealing with getting Al's body back from Truth. Not to mention there is still no guarantee that Hohenheim will be the one to ultimately beat Father. Don't forget that Ed is in the exact same location as Father & Hohenheim.

Personally I think when ever people complain about missing characters and that Arakawa has forgotten about them or doesn't know what she is doing I think the complaints are the most ridiculous thing ever. Because every time someone has made such a complaint it ends up being false in the end. Thus I think the complaint that she is not using Ed & Al her main characters enough is nonsense. It's obvious to me that they will be front & center again before long.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 10 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #78

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Look, I'm not even saying Ed and Al's lack of presence is a huge problem as of right now, but if they're not going to be doing anything in the next few chapters, they might as well never return. And also, give me a break, if you're going to counter something I've said, at least counter the accusations I've actually made, instead of those of other people. In the case of the Elric brothers, there's no way Arakawa can discount them for too long, but at this point the story is about everyone except them.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jul 10 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #79

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

I agree, Kirara, that Arakawa has always come through. Were it any other manga-ka, I'd be worried that characters would be left behind and forgotten (or killed off). I've seen that in many manga before, and it gets disappointing after a while. When I first started reading the FMA manga, I noticed that all of the characters came back time and time again, but didn't dominate a particular amount of chapters for too long. It was really a very comfortable read, if that makes any sense. I didn't get sick of this character, or want to see much more of that character... I found it to be very well balanced. I don't think Arakawa is god or anything like that (that's a little ridiculous!), because even she can make mistakes, but I'm glad that she keeps all of her characters in mind.

Though nowadays... I do find myself wanting more of Roy and Riza, but I can't be selfish! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jul 10 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #80

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I believe that Ed and Al will have their chance to shine soon. I am really wondering how they will manage to restore themselves.

On this page: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/97/13/ Father reminds me of one of those PSA I use to have to watch in my health class about drugs. When the person has no bones and cannot move.

Back on topic with discussion about the chapter.

Wrath really is strong. He takes on a tank and wins! I know that the Greed and Wrath battle will be epic. But yet we have a month to wait.

I wonder how far away the train explosion was from Central. I wonder if Wrath relaxed and ate some melon before saying: "Those humans must think they have taken central. Well time to prove them wrong."

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jul 10 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #81

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jul 10 2009, 09:47 PM) *
Look, I'm not even saying Ed and Al's lack of presence is a huge problem as of right now, but if they're not going to be doing anything in the next few chapters, they might as well never return. And also, give me a break, if you're going to counter something I've said, at least counter the accusations I've actually made, instead of those of other people. In the case of the Elric brothers, there's no way Arakawa can discount them for too long, but at this point the story is about everyone except them.

You said the manga is no longer about Ed & Al because they haven't god forbid been in two chapters. Al last did something major in Vol 22 up to the first chapter of Vol. 23 (I hardly think that is so long ago). Ed might not have done something super major recently but he has been around except for the last 2 chapters (and I think he was plenty relevant in chapter 94 and 95 even if he wasn't the main focus.) So I hardly see what the problem is. I don't see how she is discounting them at all really.

Finally the manga might be coming to an end but we don't know exactly how many chapters are left. I am pretty sure Arakawa has the final chapters planned out and she knows what every character is going to do (especially Ed & Al).

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Jul 10 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #82

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Properly enjoyed this chapter.
Father and Hohenheim stuff is looking a little weird, but I'm gripped. I liked Hohenheim's little speech about a lot of the different people.
Laughed at the soldiers reactions to Izumi and Sig. Liked Olivia's take on the fuhrerchair.

Bit annoyed to see Bradley back kicking bum. I wanted the heroes to win so much. D:
Not a big deal, but Falman's crying seemed a wee bit questionable.

Do find myself wondering just how Wrath's eye works again. And couldn't we have seen him regenerate from a tank blast? ):
Epic cliffhanger tho', as per usual. Rematch between Greed and Wrath?

EDIT:
A double S is censored here? Really?
<Yeah... But, you can use the British version, "arse" if you'd like. ^^ ~Tombow>
(Feel free to delete this little note anytime after you read. ^^)

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jul 10 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #83

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE GREED BACK!!!

I cannot wait for the next chapter! It's getting intense! I want to see Roy in action too!

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Jul 11 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #84

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

after reading it.
the first thing came out in my mind was why there's no ed again? sad.gif
but about the content of the manga it was great as the other chapters
the fight scene between the father and hohenheim was so thrilling. biggrin.gif
i hope for Ed more appearance on the next chapters. and the homonculus showdown
Greed vs. Wrath? xD

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 11 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #85

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE ("Vagrant")
Do find myself wondering just how Wrath's eye works again. And couldn't we have seen him regenerate from a tank blast? ):

Think Sharingan in Naruto, or the "I-see-two-seconds-in-the-future" power of that guy in Get Backers. Plus I think his power doesn't affect only one eye, but the two of them. Or perhaps even all of his senses and his entire nervous system, and the eye is just there as a symbol that he can "see" everything. I think his power is simply reactivity and perception way above those of a normal human, so above that he can sense threats coming his way faster than what a normal human can, and that he also reacts a lot more quickly.

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Jul 11 2009, 06:04 AM
Post #86

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,068

Wow, That was such an epic chapter.

Hohenheim is truly amazing to talk to each and ever one of those 536, 329 souls.

It was great to see Father get beaten up a bit, though seeing him come out of his shell had me so shocked! I was not expecting that at all XD He looks so creepy...>_<

Ah, Izumi and Sig, I loved they defeated those...things with carefree looks on their faces XD Hehe

Oh, Olivia, she was great! I love her attitude!

Oh my gosh! Bradley is such a badass! He makes such an awesome entrance and to see him just run straight through while being shot at....and He blew up the tank 0__0 Woah...so epic
Buccaneer fought really well against Bradley, i thought he had died but i'm so glad he's till alive ^__^.

Aw, Falman!! Such a wonderful guy...

Yay! Greedlin!
I'm looking forward to next month!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jul 11 2009, 06:41 AM
Post #87

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (Sannom @ Jul 11 2009, 04:49 AM) *
QUOTE ("Vagrant")

Think Sharingan in Naruto, or the "I-see-two-seconds-in-the-future" power of that guy in Get Backers. Plus I think his power doesn't affect only one eye, but the two of them. Or perhaps even all of his senses and his entire nervous system, and the eye is just there as a symbol that he can "see" everything. I think his power is simply reactivity and perception way above those of a normal human, so above that he can sense threats coming his way faster than what a normal human can, and that he also reacts a lot more quickly.

My only problem with that theory is when Wrath is fighting Lin, and he's commenting on how reckless Lin is, he mentions that his eye is giving him suggestions and plans that his body can no longer keep up with. So I think it's safe to say that his power is pretty much all in that one eye.

As for what it does, I think the Sharingan comparison is as good as any explanation. They've been pretty vague about it to be honest, but from what Wrath's said it does seem like that sort of deal.

Also Vagrant, I think the reason we didn't see him regenerate is that I don't think he was injured. It didn't look like it to me. Which brings me to something I've always wondered, which is can Wrath regenerate at all? I mean according to Wrath, he's only got one soul in his body, so wouldn't that mean his regenerative abilities were all used up during the process of becoming an Homunculous?

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 11 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #88

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE ("Jealous Rogo")
My only problem with that theory is when Wrath is fighting Lin, and he's commenting on how reckless Lin is, he mentions that his eye is giving him suggestions and plans that his body can no longer keep up with. So I think it's safe to say that his power is pretty much all in that one eye.

At the time, didn't he have his other eye still weakened from the flashbang? Plus a comment sooner from Bradley seems to indicate that the eyepatch is really blocking the view from his right eye, which would mean that his power is at least linked to both of his eyes. Having him take off the eyepatch would only give him a better range of view... which, with the monster he is, might be enough of a power-up laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jul 11 2009, 07:32 AM
Post #89

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Very good point, I forgot about the flashbang bit. Though if it's both eyes it does put a question mark over why it's called the 'Ultimate Eye'. But then again Lust is called the 'Ultimate Lance' and not 'Ultimate Lances'. So both eyes is distinctly possible.

Either way it's resulted in him being badass.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Jul 11 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #90

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jul 10 2009, 06:42 PM) *
But now, Greedling vs Wrath! My guess is that Pride will come along and absorb both! Okay, so that probably won't happen, but I would find it amusing.

I would literally LOL if that happens.
OT:BTW, like the new icon. XD

QUOTE (iAmjelly @ Jul 10 2009, 07:25 PM) *
I'm so proud of Falman. I was worried that he was actually gonna let Bradley through for a moment, but no. Once a Roy-tachi, a Roy-tachi to the end.

And I'm so glad Bradley's back - things are really gonna start heating up now. He is honest to God the scariest homunculus ever.

Amen to both.

QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Jul 10 2009, 07:28 PM) *
Anyone else amused/angered by the epic fail of military women in the second panel?
lol at Buccaneer telling Falman to stop crying when he's trying to act brave.

I just looked at the first one, that made me a little angry, but their faces were amusing. XD

Buccaneer + Falman (as comrades) = WIN.

God, the wait is going to be torture for next month!
Ch. 98 comes out on the 12th.

OT:
The Brotherhood guidebook comes out on the 12th.

The FMA: Prince of the Dawn Wii Game comes out on the 13th.
(OFF TOPIC - Some of the story seems to be about Roy being set up for being the one behind the assassination of the Prince of Arugo, and Ed tries to act as his lawyer, but is arrested as well. He escapes and tries to get the Colonel out as well. The source for the FMA game summary and the Brotherhood guidebook come from amber 1003's LJ here.)

And the FMA:Brotherhood anime episode with epic Roy vs Lust is coming out around the 9th. (Not saying this is the only thing I am waiting for - it was just the timing LOL)

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 02:23 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css