HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 14: Those Who Lurk Underground - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 14!
Forsaken Love
post Jul 8 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,408

^in the original Ed didn't stay behind for no reason, he tried to go after Greed but was restrained by the soldiers

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jul 8 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

^Well, here's the page.
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/29/35/

I just thought it was a bit weird that Greed was so agile, and quick, and Ed has a bit of a delayed reaction, as seen on the next page. But this way, Ed HAD to stay behind and Greed had no need to. And that's what I like about it.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 8 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #48

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

^ See, that's what bothered me about this episode, actually.

In the manga, Greed gets out of there because the military came in, but in episode 14 it looks like he's too afraid to take on Ed and Izumi. This makes Greed seem weak, on top of his easy beating in the previous episode.

Otherwise, it was an excellent episode.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 9 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

^ agree with penguin this annoied me too, i thought that izumi laying a hit on him in the previous ep and him running away from them in the 2nd really mucked with his characterization

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 10 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #50

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE ("penguintruth")
In the manga, Greed gets out of there because the military came in, but in episode 14 it looks like he's too afraid to take on Ed and Izumi. This makes Greed seem weak, on top of his easy beating in the previous episode.

I thought there was no doubt about this : Greed IS weak laugh.gif Against skilled people like Ed, Izumi or Bradley, he doesn't stand a chance. All he has for him is the shield and the regeneration, and frankly we know this is not enough.

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jul 10 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #51

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Have to agree with what's being said about Greed just legging it like he forgot to turn the oven off or something. It did make his character seem alot weaker. I'm a bit surprised by how they've handled these past two episodes to be honest. It seemed like changes for changes sake. I mean I can get to grips with them not being 100% faithful to the Manga (Cutting the Youswell chapter was perfectly reasonable to me) but changing around things like they did here with Izumi's arrival just sort of left me a bit confused.

That being said, the episode made up for that oddity in my mind with the action in this episode. It's nice to see Bradley showing off his skills. There was also something oddly awesome about seeing Dorchet get sliced in half like that. Bit confused as to why they heavily hint that Loa had his head sliced into four parts when five seconds later you see him lying face down, head very much in tact. Unless when you turned him over he looked like a hot cross bun.

Good to see Father as well, thought not exactly 100% sure about his voice here. I mean it's good for him, I'm just debating if that voice will work on Hohenheim as well. That being said, it has to be the same or ya know, it's giving the game away a bit. On the other hand, Selim's voice I liked. It's gonna make him sooooo much creepier later on

Next week's episode looks good, if not again having a rather odd choice made. Lin's introduction, along with Lan Fan and Fuu is something I've been eagerly anticipating. Same goes for the stuff involving Hawkeye. Bit surprised to see Scar in this episode to be honest... especially seeings as Scar's supposed to be laying low at this point... interesting to see where they go with this...

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 10 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (Sannom @ Jul 10 2009, 11:22 AM) *
QUOTE ("penguintruth")

I thought there was no doubt about this : Greed IS weak laugh.gif Against skilled people like Ed, Izumi or Bradley, he doesn't stand a chance. All he has for him is the shield and the regeneration, and frankly we know this is not enough.

Greed is not weak. He underestimated Ed. In a protracted battle, he still would have won, because Ed was in rough shape and Greed still has several lives to use if necessary. In the manga, Izumi was no match for him at all, and he left the battle with Ed when the military barged in, because it was too inconvenient to stay and take on several opponents at once. Hell, in the first anime (if we're counting that at all), he was able to handle both Ed and Izumi at once, and only eventually lost to Ed because Dante trapped him and he refused to back down.

He lost to Bradley because Wrath is one of the tougher homunculi and happens to have the right skill set to beat him. I bet Greed could beat Lust, maybe even Envy.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 10 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Major)

100% agree^ Greed is NOT a weak character

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jul 10 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Really? 'Cause, Greed seems weak to me. *shot*

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 11 2009, 04:04 AM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Major)

*shoots you* Greed it totally badass _

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jul 11 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #56

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Greed definately isn't a weak character, he just under-estimates people all the time. First he under-estimated Ed, and then more crucially, he under-estimated Bradley. He saw a sixty year old man and clearly didn't think that he was any real threat to him. If he'd actually been on his toes, the outcome of the battle may have been different. Probably wouldn't have but then again nothing's impossible

That being said, I don't think we can really count his battle with Izumi as a win in the manga... he just stood there and let her punch him a couple of times. He couldn't have put less effort into that if he had been reading a magazine at the same time.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
alphonselric56
post Jul 23 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #57

Citizen

Member No.: 70,232

so who likes the thicker plot line with Hoenhim being evil I like that alot better then the thing with Dante its so good!!

+Quote Post
Sal_san
post Jul 24 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #58

Citizen

Member No.: 62,930

QUOTE (alphonselric56 @ Jul 23 2009, 10:12 PM) *
so who likes the thicker plot line with Hoenhim being evil I like that alot better then the thing with Dante its so good!!

It isn't Hohenheim who's the villain. It's Father, a homunculus who only LOOKS like Hohenheim.

Hope that helps. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 24 2009, 05:44 AM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Spoilers never help sleep.gif NEVER! Cover that as soon as you come back here!

+Quote Post
Sal_san
post Jul 24 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #60

Citizen

Member No.: 62,930

^^

... what? O.o'

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 06:35 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css