HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 14: Those Who Lurk Underground - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 14!
Forsaken Love
post Jul 5 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,408

OT:
QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 5 2009, 06:30 PM) *
BTW, why do you keep calling him LING since it should be LIN? I mean this is how it should be translated so...why?

Lin is a mistranslation by VIZ which they seem to have corrected I think as some of my fma has it as Lin and others as Ling. Other mistranslations include lan-fan which would be ran-fan (again i have seen both spellings depending on the publication) , 'golden' watch instead of 'silver' and probably others.

^ O.M.G i never noticed that! good observation, and yes that is creepy that father is narating the elrics lives XD but urgh i hate his voice i totally didnt imagin in that way T_T

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 5 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #17

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jul 5 2009, 04:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 5 2009, 06:30 PM) *
BTW, why do you keep calling him LING since it should be LIN? I mean this is how it should be translated so...why

Lin is a mistranslation by VIZ which they seem to have corrected I think as some of my fma has it as Lin and others as Ling. Other mistranslations include lan-fan which would be ran-fan (again i have seen both spellings depending on the publication) , 'golden' watch instead of 'silver' and probably others.

@Forsaken Love - Actually, it's not quite a "mistranslation." The newest official FMA guidebook, FMA Character Guidebook lists Xing characters, Ling, Mei, RanFan, Fuu as "Lin," "May," "Ranfun," and "Who." YES, "Who" as in W.H.O. XDD Yap, that's true!! laugh.gif

ETA: July 6, 2009
UPDATE!!!
Kirara has kindly pointed out that the Character page on official FMA:B JP site now has entries for Xing characters, and their listing says these characters are: Ling Yao, Lan Fan, Fu, May Chang, & Shao May...
Hence, these are the spelling I'm going to use for FMA:B now. biggrin.gif

--------------------------

Reminder:
Also, in case you'd like to discuss any of the VAs in depth, reminder that we have FMA:Brotherhood Japanese VAs discussion thread. biggrin.gif

=============

~ Now please continue discussions on the content of episode 14. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Jul 5 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Ah, woow subs are already out~So to the ep~Now I realized that they kind of censored Greed's death...

OT:
Uh, so I thought I mean Polish version of FMA has got a really good translator and he explained to us few times already Xignese names on one of the forum boards so it can't be English' mistranslation xD Ah, well, I kind of get used to the fact that people are calling him Ling xP

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 5 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

^ how so? Apart from getting rid of the cross, which as i said before i expect is purely for the reason of selling to America, they didn't un-gore it i dont think

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jul 5 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

This episode rocked. The fuhrer King Bradley, now revealed as Wrath, got to show off how awesome he is. Great fighter and totally merciless to Greed lol. All of the Wrath/Greed interaction was good, and so was the slaying of Loa and Dorochet. Martel's death could have been better though. Greed's death was good too. And geez, Ling and Mei in the preview yes finally it's here! They'll be in the new op for sure

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Jul 5 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

This episode was great. Not excellent, but surely great. It has some good splatter-scenes, and (most of all) it wasn't as fast as the last ones.

OT on Future episodes:
Looking to the few seconds after the ending, i suppose that in the next episode we 'll have:

-Ling & co introduction and fight against Ed and Al
-Mei Chang introduction
-Return of Barry the Chopper
-Scar VS Silver Alchemist

... and i'm very scared that they will speed-up things a lot. I hoped that they would slow down starting from Ling...

+Quote Post
Zenoseiya
post Jul 5 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 58,504

Ed and Al's dad is the big bad? Who would have thought?

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jul 5 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #23

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

-I have to add that I also preferred Greed's death in the first series! It was just so OPERATIC!!

-I have read the manga, and I am up to date with it. I'm happy that the series is finally departing from the first series storyline!

-I love Envy's eyes in this ep! Can't wait to see his/her true form!

- I WANT MORE ROY please!

- FINALLY! Less ridiculous facial expressions and a little more weight! I liked this episode the most so far!

- EEEkk....Selim.....

-Sloth...UGH.....don't care

OT on Future episodes:
- The characters from Xing are coming!!! HOORAY! I LOVE LING! and Ran Fan. I don't like Mei though, she annoys me.

-I also can't wait for Olivia Armstrong! I wonder how long that will be from now? The series is going REALLY FAST.

OT:
QUOTE (Zenoseiya @ Jul 5 2009, 07:29 PM) *

@Zenoseiya - Actually, NOT REALLY!
Here is the reason: BUT, Read it ONLY if you REALLY want to be spoiled of some MAJOR stoly key-point for this series.
Father is a homunculus and only physical copy of Hohenheim. They have a very very ancient history together! It will all be explained.

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Jul 5 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

This episode was MUCH better than the last one!!

I thought Greed vs. King Bradley was freaking awesome! smile.gif

The whole scene with Al getting his memories back was great too.

OT on Future episodes:
Ling and Mei already!? I really need to check back with the manga now, I didn't realize it was so soon after Greed! But...OMG...Riza and Barry! YES...biggrin.gif biggrin.gif...next episode will be amazing if they don't RUSH it!

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
HannahBlack09
post Jul 5 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 65,042

I totally loved this episode

- The fight that had Bradley and Greed was amazing

- Al's flashback was really really good! Very creepy ohmy.gif

- The extra when Roy was walking towards Bradley office was good

- Martel screaming when the other guys where fighting was really dramatic.. loved it!

- Greed's was amaazing!! I always prefered the one from the manga than the one from the previews anime. Sad that he only appeared in two episodes though sleep.gif

- First appearence of Sloth! ... Good to see that it is following the manga plot.

- Selim was really really cute! ... I'm excited to see how the can turn this whole image of him

On Voice Casting of Father:
What I didnt like was Father's VA.. I did notice that was the narrator.. or at leasts he sounds very similar to the narrator.. I cant imagine the black mass speaking with that voice..

On Future episode:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! Ling and co. are so closee!! Just one week! and because I love Royai.. YAAAY!!! BARRY IS ALMOST HERE TOO!! x33 heart.gif
Cant waait for next Sundaay! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zenoseiya
post Jul 5 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 58,504

OT:

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jul 5 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Actually, NOT REALLY!
And suddenly the story is not nearly as interesting to me as it could have been. dry.gif

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jul 5 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #27

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

OT:

QUOTE (Zenoseiya @ Jul 5 2009, 08:33 PM) *
QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jul 5 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Actually, NOT REALLY!
And suddenly the story is not nearly as interesting to me as it could have been. dry.gif

Trust me, the manga is VERY GOOD! You will not be disappointed! The storyline is still developing in the series.

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jul 5 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

OT:
Use spoiler tags people!

Better for new viewers not to see the "not really" and the bit about turning around the image of Selim.

Moderator chiming in, because I think there is some SERIOUS issue to be reminded here .....

I completely agree with ShadowCat17.
Farther more, if the part is containing some MAJOR key point for the story-line for this series, then please add EXTRA WARNING telling so, so that the reader can make an informed choice.

See the example of how I edited some part of the posts on this thread, although I learned that it was too late for one reader and I apologize for this reader for getting spoiled of this fact... Just for this, please assume this was some case where it was absolutely necessary to post this spoiler content.

BEFORE editing:

Actually, NOT REALLY!
Here is the reason: Father is a homunculus and only physical copy of Hohenheim. They have a very very ancient history together! It will all be explained.
(Intentionally omitted the quote sorurce for this post as that is not important in this instance)

AFTER editing:

@Zenoseiya - Actually, NOT REALLY!
Here is the reason: BUT, Read it ONLY if you REALLY want to be spoiled of some MAJOR stoly key-point for this series.
Father is a homunculus and only physical copy of Hohenheim. They have a very very ancient history together! It will all be explained.
(Intentionally omitted the quote source for this post as that is not important in this instance)

* Better yet, unless it is necessary to include that content for your discussion and therefore it is necessary to cover up that part with the spoiler tag, if all you are showing is "I know something you don't know," then please fight your urge to post that "unnecessary" spoiler.

* ESPECIALLY, if it is MAJOR key-point for the storyline for this series, please try NOT to post these content AT ALL.

I highly appreciate your guys' help on this. Thank you. smile.gif
~ Tombow

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jul 5 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

I thought this episode was great and such an improvement over episode 13 it's not even funny.

On Voice Casting:
I didn't really like Father's voice but I loved Selim's. smile.gif

OT on posting Unnecessary SPOILER:
I agree with Tombow. You know guys unless people ask to be spoiled you don't have to tell them "not really". Let them find out for themselves.

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Jul 5 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Wow, I just LOVED this episode! Such a great improvement from the last one!
I loved the fight scene between Greed and Bradley! So cool, yet so bloody!XD It's great that it wasn't edited.
Poor Martel and the others. I almost started crying when she was slain, but what stopped me was AL seeing the Truth! I loved when he got his memories back! It was an intense scene, just like it was for Ed back in episode 2.
Seeing Sloth, Selim and Father was great.
I liked the interaction between Greed and Envy.
Greed's death was well done!

On Voice Casting for Father and Selim:
Loved Selim's voice! But I didn't like Father's. Someone here said he's the narrator, and he is! He sounds exactly like him! Father's voice should be slightly deeper.

On Future episode:
I absolutly can't WAIT til next week! LING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many things I can't wait for!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 09:34 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css