HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 13: Beasts Of Dublith - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 13
Sannom
post Jul 1 2009, 05:01 AM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,674

Woah Sannom - major spoilers in your post! Cover it up, quick!

Crap on a stick. Forgot where I was. Corrected it. Thankfully no one who didn't read the manga should understand the basics of the post, so no damage done.

QUOTE ("Forsaken Love")
Why did he try to sort things out peacefully instead of ripping him apart, if his Greed was consuming him that much surely he would have shown no amount of mercy no matter how small?

Greed is directed only by greed, but he does in fact prefer non-violent ways and certainly isn't impatient. He is a Homonculus after all, he has time. And he knows how to repress his sin so that Father and his minions would not hear about him. But at the core, that's what he is : greedy. He doesn't care about the chimeras as friends, just as pets. Every move he makes is to gain something. When people make deals with him, he is the one who proposes them, not the other way around. He is a bad guy, a bad guy you can deal with because he is extremely greedy, unlike the others who have goals beyond physical possession and some ideals they want to fulfill.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Jul 1 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #62

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

yeah, Greed always looked more like an anti-hero to me, which I guess is why I like him better than the other homunculi. And I think he did care about the chimeras, at least as pets. Maybe he didn't really consider them as friends until Ling made him go through the whole guilt trip thing.

Positive notes: I'm happy that Al got to be cool, even if it was cut down, because kicking the chimera in the nose was better than the two seconds' resistance he put up in the first anime.

OT:
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 30 2009, 02:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Radadinator @ Jun 30 2009, 08:46 PM) *
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 30 2009, 12:29 AM) *
This series is kinda reminding me of Harry Potter movies right now, the books=pure awesomeness the films=how the heck can you understand and enjoy when so much plot and all humor is missed out? *sigh*

If you watch the movies for pure enjoyment. XD
Still, at least Prisoner of Azkaban had more characterization than any of the other movies, and was a pretty good adaptation.

lol thats my favourite book but i thought the film was awful XD but goblet of fire is worse and order of the phoneix ridiculously bad, i think philosphers stone and chamber of secrets were by far the best, as barely any scenes were missed out, the actors fitted their roles and just seemed to do the books wayyyy more justice (lol eee im getting off topic forgive me!)

I thought the first two movies sort of dragged on through the scenes after a while...I guess I just like loose adaptations and an overload of STYLE! throughout the whole thing. XD I agree that Order of Phoenix was horrible, though.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 1 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #63

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

Reminder to Forsaken Love and Radadinator:

We DO have Harry Potter movies thread where you can talk about Harry Potter movies as much as you'd like, as well as Harry Potter books thread for Hurry Potter book discussions, and those would be all On-Topic discussions there. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 1 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #64

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Greed sees his desire to have, to own everything is his version of affection towards those things. To him, desire to obtain and affection are the same thing, his allies belong to him, so he values them. He sees it the same way as if you felt affection towards a person.

My evidence is in chapter 84, when Greedling talks to Edward about how there are no "types" of greed, that Ed's desire to protect his friends is the same as his own desires, at least to him.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Jul 2 2009, 07:35 AM
Post #65

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

They took out the best line! When Al notices Izumi arriving, he says, "There's only one thing that I am afraid of. And speaking of that thing ... ... here it comes."

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Jul 2 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #66

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

I was a bit disappointed in this episode. I had hoped once they reached the Greed arc they would've slowed everything down but they didn't even follow the order of the manga and they cut so much stuff out! I mean it was still a good episode, I liked it but at the same time I was disappointed. I really hope come next episode they start slowing everything down. I understand that they have to get through all the stuff that's already been seen in the first anime, but jeeze. C'mon Bones. Don't let us down.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 2 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Seeker of Truth @ Jul 2 2009, 09:35 AM) *
They took out the best line! When Al notices Izumi arriving, he says, "There's only one thing that I am afraid of. And speaking of that thing ... ... here it comes."

That line must've been in the first anime, because I don't remember anything like that at all in the manga.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Jul 3 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #68

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

I just looked it up. Not sure how to link the pages, but its in chapter 27 on pages 38-39

The translation I found is: " There's one thing I'm scared of" ....."Its here--the terror"

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 3 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Tezrath @ Jul 3 2009, 03:08 AM) *
I just looked it up. Not sure how to link the pages, but its in chapter 27 on pages 38-39

The translation I found is: " There's one thing I'm scared of" ....."Its here--the terror"

Oh, well my bad then laugh.gif It's here. Stupid memory.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jul 3 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I'm psyched and all for Xing, but I really wish they could just take a moment and have a breather...

Things they took out that I miss with a passion:
- The Al fight scene. Enough said.
- Izumi/Sig scenes w/ Devil's Nest peeps.

I know they have like no time. I don't mind the military scenes they cut, with Roy&Crew, but these are kind of annoying...couldn't they have just let Izumi come in next episode? IDK...

I did enjoy the first half of the show, and I liked the Ed/Greed fight scene (always loved that one). So I didn't hate it, but some of it bothered me.

OT: I'm totally excited about the Xing people, though! The screenshots are amazing. I think I will die of awesome when they show up. Hopefully things will take a more natural pace after that...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Jul 3 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

All I can say at this point is that they had bloody well better slow down!!!!.

This is just getting idiotic. I didn't mind so much with some of the earlier 'speed-ups' (like in Rush Valley, I mean I like Paninya, but she isn't exactly vital to the plot) But this last one got me fuming. I love the Izumi - Greed arc... and having them bulldoze through it put me on edge. This is also the arc where the plot from FMA1 and 2 takes a sharp detour, so for that alone I really didn't appreciate them messing with the pace and continuity... I still don't get why they put Izumi's entrance after Eds... it seemed like a really odd directoral change... and I really missed the original way that Izumi and Sig tore the place (and Greed's minions appart) biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nikolye
post Jul 4 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #72

Citizen

Member No.: 69,856

I was slightly disappointed with this episode. I felt they shouldn't have cut so much out of it.

Now I'm wondering how Bradley is going to show up and how it's supposed to make sense...

I agree with what's been said. They need to slow down a little. It wouldn't hurt to split one episode into two and add more content.

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Jul 5 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jul 3 2009, 12:17 AM) *
QUOTE (Tezrath @ Jul 3 2009, 03:08 AM) *

Oh, well my bad then laugh.gif It's here. Stupid memory.

Just as well, I was quoting the Viz version. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 8 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #74

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Please add FMA:B English dubbed episode 13 (on CN on Adult Swim) talk-back/discussions here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post May 8 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #75

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

You mean episode 13, not 11, right?

THEY SAID JEAN'S NAME WRONG AGAIN AUGH AUGH AUGH

I suddenly found a funny irony in Greed complaining about "ruining" the revelation of his identity as a homunculus, when in episode 45, it's GreedLing who comes right out and says it.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 12:14 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css