HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 13: Beasts Of Dublith - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 13
Tombow
post Jun 27 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 5. smile.gif

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 13 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 13 episodes.

* Where to watch this episode

* HD Screen caps of this episode to be posted on this link address sometime later

* Episode Preview from FMA-2 official JP site:
(Translation by Tombow, episode title is from official sub on Funimation.com)
Episode 13: "Beasts of Dublith"
Finally, Roy is assigned to Central, while Scar is back on his feet from the serious injury sustained during the fight against Homunculi, and heads for Central as well. Meantime, Al is staying at the Izumi's in Dublith, and hoping to regain his memory on "Gate of Truth." Then, Al is approached by a mysterious group who claims that they know Al's "secret." They also tell Al that they are all chimeras.....

Also, FYI, preview of the next episode (episode 14) from FMA-2 official JP site
(Translation by Tombow, with tentative episode title till we see official sub on Funimation.com)
Episode 14:TBA
TBA..

Reminder:
For those who had seen the first series of FMA anime, and/or read FMA manga, you can probably guess what's coming in spme future episodes. HOWEVER, please remember that there are some who have not seen FMA-1, nor read managa. I know many of you would like to talk about the upcoming events and storylines. If you do, please USE PROPER SPOILERS, so that those who have no idea for the future story would not be spoiled. THANK YOU!!! smile.gif

=======================================

Episode Summary: (To be filled)

Characters in this episode: (To be filled)

Locations: (excluding review and preview scenes, to be filled)

Sound Track info for this episode that's known to us so far: (To be filled)

FMA manga reference: To the readers of FMA manga (To be filled)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jun 28 2009, 01:30 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,111

Episode was good. They've give us many manga panels animated, too bad so many things were cut. Animation gorgeous as always.

And....WTF LIN AND XING PEOPLE IN SOME AD! : O

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 28 2009, 01:36 AM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 28 2009, 10:30 AM) *
Episode was good. They've give us many manga panels animated, too bad so many things were cut. Animation gorgeous as always.

And....WTF LIN AND XING PEOPLE IN SOME AD! : O

YES they were!

As for the ep... I *think* they left me out Grumman telling Roy to marry his granddaughter... I hope they make up for the lack of Royai in the upcoming parts.

Plus, the preview included a shot of Father >D

Animation just like Kasumisty said, was awesome, can't wait for the RAW.

PS. Yep, they skimmed through Volume 7 in this ep... hopefully they'll put in the parts they've skipped here in the next ep.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
RaphieL
post Jun 28 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 69,755

ohmy.gif WOOO!

--------------------

Hagane no reinkinjutsushi Fullmetal alchemist 2001-2010

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 28 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I have no flurking clue what I'm watching anymore. Dropping scenes, adding scenes, juggling scenes, shortening scenes.

- Ed doesn't go to the South HQ? Then how does Bradley come?
- Izumi visits after Ed's already confronted Greed? And she just totally owns him like he was nothing?
- Greed's new VA is decent. Not sure about the other characters.
- Animation was a little wonky, angering me at times.
- Why have Mason now?
- Why have Yoki now?

UGH, this is really testing my fandom. This episode filled me with such mixed emotions.

Greed will only be around for another episode, then apparently they'll be getting to Ling and his crew. Somebody wake me up when that's over, Ling is my least favorite character of anything ever.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 28 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #6

For today's episode, fangirling apart that sometimes gets me, I have to see the RAW decently again.

What I'm REALLY looking forward now are the things that'll come with Vol. 8 onwards...
Barry the Chopper should be coming soon now! *___* And the Roy and Riza parts... WAAAH!

OT:
And video of the commercial, thanks to csakuras' LJ. smile.gif
the vid of the commercial of FMA:B on Yahoo video
ETA:
Link to the Yahoo video is dead... found this one on YouTube: Vid on Youtube

EDIT 2:
Actually, this is better: Better viewing one on Youtube

<Thank you, amestris_star!! ^^ Anyone who'd like to know/discuss more about this commercial, please go here for more discussions on this. Gimpyhair posted nice screen caps of that commercial there. biggrin.gif ~ Tombow>

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 28 2009, 02:58 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 68,640

I haven't seen the episodes, but screenshots look okay...my first thought was, "Wow there's a lot of blood."

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 28 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 28 2009, 11:58 AM) *
I haven't seen the episodes, but screenshots look okay...my first thought was, "Wow there's a lot of blood."

And that's something I'm actually happy about since it reflects the manga alright.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 28 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 28 2009, 06:04 AM) *
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 28 2009, 11:58 AM) *

And that's something I'm actually happy about since it reflects the manga alright.

Yeah, it's not as censored as some other shows (like Bleach I guess). But from what I read on penguintruth's post, they changed a lot of things? I'm not going to be happy about that; I really wanted a strict manga adaptation. Oh well, nothing's perfect...

P.S. I can't watch youtube in China for some reason, it really sucks. What's in the commercial?

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 28 2009, 03:23 AM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

One of the things that irked me is that they cut short the first real scene of Alphonse's independence in FMA, when he takes on the chimera lackies of Greed on his own. Even though he eventually gets taken captive, it shows that he's capable of handling himself. In this episode, they cut it so short, it hardly needed to be there at all. I mean, isn't that what everyone was looking forward to, an Alphonse who was more active? Not to mention they cut out a lot of the humor, like Greed and the gang thinking they upset Alphonse (misinterpreting something he said as saying his brother died), and one of the gang using a lighter to try to hyptnotize him.

Look, I get it, a lot of you are getting excited about Ling, but to me, the show is speeding through the bits with my favorite character to get to the bits with my least favorite character.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zii
post Jun 28 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 10,818

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 28 2009, 07:40 PM) *
Yeah, it's not as censored as some other shows (like Bleach I guess). But from what I read on penguintruth's post, they changed a lot of things? I'm not going to be happy about that; I really wanted a strict manga adaptation. Oh well, nothing's perfect...

Yes. I hate to be 'that' person who only ever complains, but you're really better off just rereading the source material for this ep. It's bothered me enough that I'm listening to the old series' OPs and getting nostalgic xD I was hoping the production values of Brotherhood would at least equal it, but it's too much to hope for I guess? Ep 15 does look a looot better though, so I have a little bit of faith left.

The good moments of this episode were done well though (Al = laser eye beamuuuuu *ww*), the animation too.

+Quote Post
alphonse-fma
post Jun 28 2009, 03:33 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 60,352

Wew , this episodes too much of shortening , people who doesnt read manga might be confused when see this episodes

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 28 2009, 03:33 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 28 2009, 05:23 AM) *
Look, I get it, a lot of you are getting excited about Ling, but to me, the show is speeding through the bits with my favorite character to get to the bits with my least favorite character.

It's a bit OT, but I'm just curious, why do you dislike Ling?

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 28 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 28 2009, 06:33 AM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 28 2009, 05:23 AM) *

It's a bit OT, but I'm just curious, why do you dislike Ling?

Various reasons. I'll get into them when he shows up in the series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 28 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 28 2009, 11:23 AM) *
One of the things that irked me is that they cut short the first real scene of Alphonse's independence in FMA, when he takes on the chimera lackies of Greed on his own. Even though he eventually gets taken captive, it shows that he's capable of handling himself. In this episode, they cut it so short, it hardly needed to be there at all. I mean, isn't that what everyone was looking forward to, an Alphonse who was more active? Not to mention they cut out a lot of the humor, like Greed and the gang thinking they upset Alphonse (misinterpreting something he said as saying his brother died), and one of the gang using a lighter to try to hyptnotize him.

OH NO OMG NOOOOOOO! I was really hoping they were gonna keep the lighter bit and especially the bit where Greed and co misinterpretted what Al said about Ed 'being gone' that was one of my favourite parts in the section noooooooooo! (damn im gonna have to break that to a friend of mine who really wanted to see that animated too...) if all what you say is right, this series is really starting to test my patience. There are people who havn't seen the first anime or read the manga, particually for non-manga readers id be very prepared to sacrifice another month or something till the new stuff and just so they keep to the proper story.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 07:40 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css