HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Keeping Track Of Skipped/changed FMA Manga Scenes In FMA:B Anime, Discussions on omitted scenes & scene changes from manga in FM:B
Tombow
post Jul 11 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #16

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@BloodRed Alchemist & Kirara - Added your reported missing scenes to the list on the first post! Thank you for your reports!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BloodRed Alchemi...
post Jul 16 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,662

Episode 15: The Envoy From the East

Chapter 30(pg 44-45) and Ch 31(pg 1)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/30/44/

Content:
Riza calls Mustang to tell him that she caught some weirdo.Upon picking her up Mustang sees Barry hugging on Riza (his woman XD) he threatens bring out the flames.

Comment:
It was just a really funny scene that not only showed how Barry fell head over heels for Riza but that Roy was totally jealous.Royai fanservice.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 17 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

Episode 15: Envoy From the East
Chapter 33: Showdown in Rush Valley, page 8

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/33/38/

Content: Winry chases Ed down a beach with a chainsaw.

Comment: Just more manga humor that Bones cut out dry.gif

(EDIT: Just adding some more cuz I didn't want to double post happy.gif)

No corresponding episode
Chapter 3: The Mining Town (all) and Chapter 4: Battle on the Train (all)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/3/01/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/4/01/

Content: Ed and Al help out the mining town of Youswell and humiliate a Lieutenant named Yoki. Then they save a General by fighting a group of bandits on the train.

Comment: Youswell was an important introduction to Yoki, so they really shouldn't have skipped it. The train battle included an introduction to Mustang, but since they already showed Mustang in the first episode this wasn't necessary.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Sal_san
post Jul 23 2009, 06:06 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 62,930

I was looking over at the FMA Brotherhood: Episode 16 thread of the FMA forums. Why? Well, I have this habit of looking for other people's opinions on the show... it's fun, don't judge me. XD

Anyway, from almost every post I read, they all seemed to be whining about how "___ scene" wasn't in the show.

Honestly, would the entire plot and essence of the story change if they forgot one small, tiny scene? Yes, some of these scenes do add a little to the flow of the story and the characters, and some scenes are important for the plot... but would a small scene, like the Ed and Ling height comparison scene, change everything?

So they replaced Mason with cannibalism in episode 12. Does that change the fact Ed and Al learned the meaning of "One is All, All is One"?

So they introduced Mei Chan a little early. Does that change a great deal of the story?

So they had Ed and Al find out about Hughes' death from Maria Ross instead of reading about it in the newspaper. It doesn't change the fact that they realized someone they cared about was now gone.

Unless it interrupts the flow of the story or changes a great deal of the plot, I couldn't care less if BONES added some extra material or two. I'm sure you agree the toy robot scene in episode 9 was genius. It wasn't there in the manga, but it added something to the episode. Heck, I don't even mind the lack of EdWin or Royai fanservice... FMA isn't about that, anyway.

So some scenes aren't the same as in the manga. Would you really want to see the same scene played out in the exact same way, only animated? Some of you would say "YES!", but don't you think it would be a little tiring if BONES didn't add something new every now and then? Personally, I wouldn't care if they suddenly inserted someone from the old FMA series (in truth, I'd actually be overjoyed.) or change Ling's clothes to green. Stop nitpicking on small changes in the series, and just enjoy the fact that BONES took the time to come up with a passable adaptation of the manga. You only need to start worrying when the anime pulls a FMA 1 and changes the story.

I end my rant here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Meu
post Jul 23 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 55,344

Regarding Sal_san's post above:

If BONES keeps cutting, changing and replacing scenes, the series might end up being quite different from the manga, even if it's just the small details. I mean, it wouldn't matter if they did it once or twice, but e.g. the atmosphere can change a lot because of the lack of jokes. And we manga fans love Arakawa's humor, isn't that a reason good enough to animate them? :> Wasn't that the purpose of doing Brotherhood, to make a version of FMA anime faithful to the manga storyline? That involves also the minor stuff.
Taking away those will flatten the whole thing a lot.

Agh, I can't just express my thoughts with words. >__< I hope you understood what I meant.

+Quote Post
Sal_san
post Jul 24 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 62,930

^^

I understand what you're trying to explain. happy.gif

That's true. Too much editing could make the anime different from the manga... I sort of wish though that they could edit a few small parts without disrupting the flow or atmosphere. Unlike most of you, I want to see something slightly different, yet essentially the same. You don't have to agree with me, I'm just stating my personal opinion. biggrin.gif

I agree about that. Arakawa's humor is one of the best things about FMA... without her humor, it just wouldn't be FMA. Though I have to admit, sometimes the humor can be just a little too much... like in the first episode, as well as the the eleventh.

That's also true... but if some of those details are unimportant and do almost nothing to the scene, why keep them? And have you thought that it might not translate well to the screen?

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkSpartan4
post Jul 24 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 42,773

I agree with Sal_san. I don't want an exact replica of the manga. If I wanted that, why wouldn't I just reread the manga? Change isn't necessarily bad as long as it isn't on a huge scale. Most of the scenes that people are complaining about that BONES didn't animate aren't majorly important. Sure, it'd be nice to see them animated, but I doubt you'll still be thinking about those scenes in a few weeks. I prefer to just watch this series for enjoyment, rather than watch it to compare it to its manga counterpart and nitpick at all of the differences. I'm just happy that they're keeping the same base storyline as the manga and keeping in all of the important details. If some small stuff is different or cut out, I don't really mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Jul 26 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

I honestly don't give a crap anymore if some scenes are different from the manga. I give a crap if the adaptation is any good. Sure, it's not the best, but I actually enjoy Brotherhood. Jeez, people need to stop acting as if the old series and the manga are holy relics.

OT:
This series could use some more music, but the only thing that really gets on my nerves is the "mysterious piano music". Otherwise, it's pretty nice to listen to.

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Jul 26 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

@Radadinator - Too true, too true. I sometimes feel a little odd since I dont often see people who just get on and love the show for what it is. I mean I'm a big fan of the first series and the manga and I'm also enjoying this series. Wouldn't it get a bit boring if all of FMAs varients were the same? I'm glad Bones are mixing it up and rearranging scenes and adding little extra bits in as it gives us something unexpected and new to enjoy. I wish everyone could just settle down instead of arguing over which series is better, how Bones sucks and how they arn't getting the job done properly. If we didn't have Bones then we wouldn't have the great anime they've given us and I wish more people would be a little more thankful over the time and effort they're putting in.
I'm not trying to say everyone is like this it just seems that with each episode loads of people are pointing out the bad things and dwelling on them instead of looking on the brighter side and seeing what Bones have done right.

Oookaaayy... rant over laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Jul 26 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

So true, I am thankful for Bones on what they doing now, sure they took some scenes but man the content and the series as a whole is really good. You know how rare it is for what Bones is doing right now compare to all the other anime that never got their complete story adapted. Rurouni Kenshin is up there with Fullmetal as my favorites and I would kill(not really) if they pick up the series and animated the Jinchu arc even if they should redo Tokyo and Kyoto. Took more than a decade for Saint Seiya to get the Hades arc animated finally. Some series are rarely fortunate enought to have this happen and its rare what is happen to Fullmetal which alot of animes are missing out on.

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Jul 26 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

Haha XD I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I was bracing for the flames.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 26 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

I think it depends on just what each of us expects from this series.
On one hand, I agree about trying to enjoy this series as is. And, to an extent I do. I really enjoy watching the series. It's generally following manga storyline, and I like that very much.

On the other hand, I'm one of those who actually do not mind seeing this series following the manga, scene to scene, page by page, to the teeth. laugh.gif Because, IMO animation itself is a whole different medium from manga, so that alone, if done well, would probably please me immensely, and fill me with the joy of seeing my fav manga story in anime form. I don't think it will bore me seeing the same storyline, because IMO it is such a good story. And, yes, some of the changes does bother me, and hence we have this thread where we can express our opinions about these changes. BOTH sides of opinions are welcome for the thread, as long as both are expressed in civilized manners in accordance to our forum decorum. smile.gif

* kkg22104 and BloodRed Alchemist, thank you for the reports!! biggrin.gif I will update the list shortly. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jul 26 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 26 2009, 04:18 PM) *
On the other hand, I'm one of those who actually do not mind seeing this series following the manga, scene to scene, page by page, to the teeth. laugh.gif Because, IMO animation itself is a whole different medium from manga, so that alone, if done well, would probably please me immensely, and fill me with the joy of seeing my fav manga story in anime form. I don't think it will bore me seeing the same storyline, because IMO it is such a good story. And, yes, some of the changes does bother me, and hence we have this thread where we can express our opinions about these changes. BOTH sides of opinions are welcome for the thread, as long as both are expressed in civilized manners in accordance to our forum decorum. smile.gif

I feel the same way completely. I would be perfectly happy if everything was kept exactly the same. I think it's just because I absolutely love the manga, and I think it's basically perfect laugh.gif and thus I was so looking forward to seeing everything exactly as it was in the manga, just in another format. For that reason I am disappointed with the changes being made. I understand if they change something here and there to make it adapt to the screen better, but it's just happening so much and some of it seems unnecessary. For example I have a problem with the way things have been going out of sequence and have been shortened/compacted (like Mei's introduction - that just felt rushed and awkward to me).

And I do realize that it's completely a subjective thing, so I totally understand that it doesn't bother some people and that they like how it's changing things up, and that's fine. If people like it, that's great. And I certainly don't dislike it, I'm just disappointed because in my perfect world it would stick to the manga as strictly as humanly possible laugh.gif. But this is not my perfect world, and so I'm trying to move on and not dwell on what I find to be the negatives, because that gets me nowhere. It's not like Bones is going to change what they've already done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cece
post Aug 9 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

They skipped the entire Gluttony & Envy vs. RanFan & Ling scene that fight was pure bad- assness and it was awesome. I'm enraged that they skipped it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 9 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

@Cece - Could you post that in the reporting post format shown on the first post of this thread so that we can we can add to the list on the first post? Thank you!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 12:06 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css