HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 12: One Is All, All Is One - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 12
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 21 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,311

Okay the part they added in where Ed tried to eat Al was just OOC and weird. confused.gif
I laughed so hard at the part where Ed was getting hit in the face with Izumi and Sig's little floating heart thingies! biggrin.gif
I don't recall Ed crying so much in the last one. dry.gif
Where the hell was MASON!? GAH! mad.png

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Jun 21 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

So...overall...I enjoyed this episode. However, I feel the Izumi introduction deserved two episodes, not just one.

And...WHERE WAS MASON!?! T__T I missed that part on the Island so much!

I think the main points were covered and I wanted to cry when Izumi comforted them. Again...I wish it wasn't rushed.

I can't wait for Greed next week though!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 21 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Well, a lot of people are saying that they wished Izumi's introduction lasted two episodes, but let's not forget that the she plays quite a big role in the next episode. Lots of character development. As long as they keep the part where she says, "As an alchemist, I prefer to create things. I don't like saying things like this: 'If you dare hurt that boy, I won't hesitate to destroy you.'" then I think I may be able to forgive them for leaving out the part where Menny's cat died and asked Izumi to fix it. They also have to keep the "I'm a housewife!" part. Sorry, if I'm using spoiler bars too much, but I don't want to reveal any part of the next episode. biggrin.gif

--------------------

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jun 21 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

I actually didn't mind Mason being left out. To me he wasn't really that significant of a character, in fact I think it might even be more fitting if Izumi and Sig were alone.

+Quote Post
Imbris
post Jun 21 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 63,564

Just watched the sub - excellent episode. At first I was a bit muffed when Mason never showed up, but I quickly realized that he was never a very important character. His only purpose in the manga (aside from some comic relief) was to help the boys realize some things on the island, but Bones managed to pull it off without Mason. Including him would've meant other parts of the episode would be left out, which would've made even less sense.

Regarding the fast pacing of the series so far...it is going a bit quickly, but I would've torn out my hair by now if I knew it would take Bones twice as many episodes to get to this same point (seems like that's what most of you want).

The animation was certainly nice, but I've never really had a problem with it in the first place! I still loooove the art style of the backdrops.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 21 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Imbris @ Jun 21 2009, 02:59 PM) *
Regarding the fast pacing of the series so far...it is going a bit quickly, but I would've torn out my hair by now if I knew it would take Bones twice as many episodes to get to this same point (seems like that's what most of you want).

Well the thing is because of this pace it is true they will get to the manga only stuff quicker. However because of the quicker pace things have to be cut. And that is upsetting.

I guess I can forgive them for this quicker pace if they slow down once we get to the manga only stuff. But there is no guarantee they will slow down. For all we know the series is set to a certain number of episodes and the entire series will be paced like this. I can only hope that is not true.

Anyways my least favorite parts of this episode was Cannibal Ed & No Mason

My favorites parts were the flash back stuff with Trisha and the hug at the end.

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Jun 21 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

Well, I can't say that i liked this episode. The dinner scene was much much better in the manga and the training flashback wasn't great at all (no Mason??? Why the hell???). Also, I don't like the Izumi's voice. The only part that i found very good was the Izumi's flashback (when she failed the child's transmutation).

I' m waiting for the nexy episode but i'm very scared that they will speed up the Greed part A LOT.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 21 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Izumi and Sig's voice were the same as in the first series. I thought they were still excellent.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 21 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Krokgard @ Jun 21 2009, 05:10 PM) *
I' m waiting for the nexy episode but i'm very scared that they will speed up the Greed part A LOT.

Looking at the preview I guarantee you they will since this episode covered most of chapter 25. The next episode preview shows a scene from chapter 28. Thus the next episode has to cover the rest of chapter 25 and 26-28. So expect things to be skipped again next episode. Although at least its action based and you usually can make things go a little quicker in those type of episodes.

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Jun 21 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

Looking at the preview I guarantee you they will since this episode covered most of chapter 25. The next episode preview shows a scene from chapter 28. Thus the next episode has to cover the rest of chapter 25 and 26-28. So expect things to be skipped again next episode. Although at least its action based and you usually can make things go a little quicker in those type of episodes.

Yeah, i noticed; also, I don't think they 'll reach to make Ed go to Headquarter for annual valutation - come back - meet Greed and fight him. So, there will be no reasons for Bradley and Armstrong to come to Dublith. I just hope they won't cut the army assault to the Devil's nest and the Wrath vs Greed fight... that part was AWESOME in the manga.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 21 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #26

I am not sure if they will cover what you have outside of spoilers. But the thing you have inside spoilers I would be shocked if they don't cover it. It's a very important part of the chapter.

But anyways I was looking over what they need to cover and strike what I said about them already covering most of chapter 25. Most of chapter 25 still needs to be covered so it's more like they will be adapting 4 chapters next week. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Jun 21 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Another good, but rushed, episode and where the hell was Mason!? Ah well, I really hope they start slowing things down soon, otherwise this anime is going to be a real rush job. dry.gif The scene at the end when Izumi hugged them, that was really heartbreaking. ;___; I love Izumi. I hope they do her better justice than they did in this episode. She's one of my favorite FMA characters.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jun 21 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

Like everyone else said, I had a "WHERE IS MASON?!?!" spasm. I really didn't expect for Sig to come out of the shop- I was really thinking Mason was going to come and say "Edward! Long time, no see!" etc. etc. But... yeah. Yock Island without Mason almost made living on that island look too easy without them having to constantly fight for their own food as well as their safety. But, the point was given and that's really all the episode needed to do. Yeah, the animation was very good and I loved the spear-fight- I replayed that a couple times- and other than Mason disappearing, I thought it was pretty good of an ep.

And yes, I actually liked Ed going cannibalistic (sp?) for a moment. I lol'd at it. But the part with Ed eating the ants just seemed... I dunno, too forced.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 21 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Major)

I'm guessing the'll probably spend a couple of episodes on Greed and then move on to Rush Valley.

...and you know what THAT means! biggrin.gif

--------------------

-Martha Washington

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jun 21 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

By the way, the preview for the next episode had mason in it, so it seems he's not totally gone.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 08:19 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css