HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 11: Miracle At Rush Valley - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 11
Kyelinn
post Apr 25 2010, 09:53 AM
Post #61

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,611

Because a bay is a type of horse, or rather a color actually, but still people refer to their horses that colors as 'my bay or that bay' a lot. Hence the joke about a bay being a type of horse.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LooneyLolita
post Apr 25 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 71,261

Awww, can't seems to find the dub verison ;A; Do anyone know where it is?

--------------------
My DA

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 25 2010, 10:58 AM
Post #63

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I quite liked the episode! I thought the voice acting was great. But I wasn't too impressed with the voice acting of the pregnant lady, who I forget the name of. When she was about to have the baby the 'pain' sounded a little too forced and it ended up not sounding like she was in pain at all. She sounded like she was trying to squeeze something out--but not a baby. Constipation, perhaps? xD *Slapped*

Ed was just totally adorable in this episode too. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post May 2 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #64

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

I think I see a new pattern emerging in the translation of on-screen text. When it's within some kind of boundary shape, like these "SWARM"s and "JOSTLE"s:

this "SQUEEZE":

and this "Unable to Stand":

they get translated.
But any free-form writing gets blanked out, like "Ping!" (but not the light bulbs)...

"Mushy"...

"Cower"...

"Hm, hm, hm, hm"...

"Ha ha ha"...

"Ah!"...

"Rub" and "Eep" (including the little streamers around them)...

"Badger" and "Awesome! He's huge!"...

and "Gasp".

Hey, it's the return of the 5-notch grill from the original Alphonse armor! It's even in the Adult Swim video still! How did they miss that? It's big, it lingers a second, and anyway, I thought SD faces were supposed to remove detail, not bring it back.

Another definite 5-notch grill slipped into a couple of frames of Al's running cycle at the end, but since you can't really see it in motion, it's quite excusable.

I also wondered if the wide space between the middle notches in this scene was originally a fifth notch that got colored over without changing the rest, but maybe they were just more focused on getting the angle of the shadow on there than on keeping the spacing even.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post May 3 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

I would never notice so many details tongue.gif Good job.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
MsLinn
post May 3 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #66

Apprentice

Member No.: 72,213

This episode doesn't seem to be anywhere near the favorite for us fans, unless you like Winry very much (character development, EdxWin and pretty, pretty close-ups!). Now, I'm not a huge fan of her, but I really, really like this episode! I feel a bit of an outsider...
What made it golden, in my opinion, though, was all the awesome lines and fantastic delivery in this episode! (I'm currently being contantly amazed by how great it is with dubs)
I loved Ed's "awesome"'s and Paniña was great; nearly nothing she said sounded fake, forced or read from a script!! Like "...my stumps always get achy." sounded so cute! And "Eh, roger!"
And Winry's squees!! biggrin.gif "I wanna take it apart and put it back together again! *Uhi Uhi*"
Although the intro: "Maes Hughes is dead." kinda bummed me!
But Al's sinister "I've been waiting for you..." just had me choking!
Randomly like Ed's gasp after he realises he can grow taller with lighter automail.
And "...a little flee...a little flee...he called me a flee..." also made me chuckle!!
Al's "once upon a time" seemed awkward, though...
And when they were freaking out about the baby's coming, Al's mouth were open - I wonder how that would look like in not chibi-style. I've been wondering why he doesn't open his mounth, except that it's hard and unessesary to draw and animate.
"occupational hazard" - I now have a fancy term for when I go and collect mosses and liverwarts to look at...yes...and fern...and pine cones...
"It's private...An addmonition to myself." -- Gave me goosebumps!

Tha fact that Al could feel the baby in her stomache irritated me, but I forgave them because of Al's oh so übercute face!! *3*

(this post belongs in this thread because it had to do with lines rather than VA...I hope...)

--------------------

Long live the love we shared. In our Fullmetal hearts.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post May 4 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

I still think this episode (along with quite a few others of the early stages of Brotherhood) is crap. The pacing is insane. And they cut and changed a lot of stuff just to make these chapters fit into a single episode, not doing the source material justice (in fact, they're more like doing it horrible injustice).

Some episodes really do feel like postcards. The settings are pretty, but feel like little more than stage props. They make Rush Valley feel like a background, and not a city.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 10 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #68

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

For anyone missed this episode, it will be on Adult Swim again tonight. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 26 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #69

Group Icon

For anyone missed this episode, it will be on Adult Swim (U.S.) again tonight. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 3 2014, 05:28 PM
Post #70

Group Icon

For anyone missed this episode, it will be on Adult Swim (U.S.) again tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 09:02 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css