HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 11: Miracle At Rush Valley - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 11
Jen_Elric
post Jun 14 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,551

Well, despite being a little disappointed that they cut some stuff out, this episode was not too bad!
I wish they kept the arm wrestling part, cuz I love it in the manga. They instead showed it for one second in the beginning.
Some people said it was too fast paced, and I have to kinda agree. At one point, I was like,"whoa! SLow down!", but that was in the middle. After that, it seemed fine.
The manga humor, at one point, was too much. Too silly. But I did love the part when Ed finds out that he could grow taller with lighter automail. The fantasy he has was soo funny! Al's mouth moved when he said, "You're so tall, big brother!". XD
Winry was awesome in the episode! I LOVE how she took total control of the situation.
The EdXWin moments (especially when he picked her up *kya!*) was so lovely. Though, it was mean that he dropped her on her butt.XD

YAY!! IZUMI NEXT EPISODE!!!!!! I LOVE HER!!!! *estatic*

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jun 14 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I understand why they cut out the arm wrestling scene, but I wish they hadn't. The could have shortened the title sequence and the number of times Winry touched Paninya's legs. tongue.gif

Also, the "Italian restaurant" music has got to go. I loved the scene and I normally like the new soundtrack for this show, but this time it just didn't quite fit.

Overall, I liked the episode, but it did feel rushed.

I loved Ed's fantasy!

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 14 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Impression after seeing it again, subtitled:

Still not a great episode, I never really liked the Rush Valley material. Better than the Rush Valley episode of the first series, though I preferred the watch and birth incidents' utilization in the first series, even if the former made a bit more sense here. One of the bits I wish that they had kept from the manga was the bridge incident, but they sort of cover it with Ed still feeling powerless during the birth. The birth was a little bit melodramatic, I might add, but most of the happenings surrounding it were pretty well handled. I'm not a huge Winry fan, but her telling Paninya about working hard to pay off Dominic's good faith was a great moment.

One episode was probably enough for this, though, and I'm glad they're getting to Izumi next.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post Jun 15 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

I love this episode ^.^/
EdxWin nice.
Hahahaha~ Ed so funny , he want to be that tall !!!!??? XD
really enjoyable episode , I just wait the sub now ^^

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Jun 15 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

As evryone just said, they have cut too much. The arm wrestling, the fight against Paninya, the bridge, the "ouch your granny is Pinako!".
But it was still a funny episode. And very important for the Winry's character.
The manga humor, at one point, was too much. Too silly. But I did love the part when Ed finds out that he could grow taller with lighter automail. The fantasy he has was soo funny! Al's mouth moved when he said, "You're so tall, big brother!". XD

Agree!

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jun 15 2009, 02:29 AM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

"I don't believe in God, but... If you exist, please just for now"

Damn Ed, you hypocrite. Decide for yourself rolleyes.gif

Watching episode with subs makes it a bit better, but I guess I got used to the pace of it >> The fact is, it got great animation, bad pacing and bad selection of music. Too bad, because episodes has been gradually improving so far.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Jun 15 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

For once I didn't mind too much about what was cut from the manga. This arc has always been rather uninteresting. So I don't mind them condensing three chapters into one episode for it.
I mean it irks my slightly, knowing they did it worse than the manga again, but really, missing things like the arm wrestling scene and Ed versus the town doesn't change much.
That said, I was annoyed by the lack of the Pinako Rockbell part. That's fairly notable.
Still annoying to see the wasted 30 second intro back. They could have covered a fair bit of manga stuff in that time. Again. (and same with the hated voiceover ad break guy)

I liked the music throughout.
Animation seemed mixed, though I'm admittedly not the best judge of this. The scene with the house burning down looked (and sounded) great.
It had some slightly funny moments, but the humour wasn't really anything special.

On the other hand, I think they made the birth waaaay too melodramatic, compared to what it was in the manga. And although it could be down to translation differences, I feel they messed with Ed's characterisation a bit there too. (in regards to the praying part)
And I wasn't bothered by the length of the "fight", but I think they made the scale of Ed's alchemy too large again.

So, yeah. Looking more forward to next week's episode with plot that actually matters. But since it's the same as the original anime, they'll probably rush through it. So I wonder how many chapters that part is...?

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 15 2009, 04:01 AM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Vagrant @ Jun 15 2009, 04:03 AM) *
So, yeah. Looking more forward to next week's episode with plot that actually matters. But since it's the same as the original anime, they'll probably rush through it. So I wonder how many chapters that part is...?

Unfortunately they will definitely be rushing through the Izumi bits. It looks like they will covering almost 3 chapters again next week. sad.gif

And I agree with people that the birth scene was exaggerated. In the manga Ed & Al were scared but I think the point is they really had no reason to be. They just don't know much about births.

The best scenes of the episode was definitely after the birth because that was really cute and the pocket watch scene which was absolutely perfect.

I also liked the scene when Ed & Al touched the mom's stomach except that Al should not have been able to feel the baby in the stomach. This is why in the manga only Ed touches the stomach. But it was a really sweet scene so I will forgive them for this tiny error.

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Jun 15 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

OH! I forgot about the Pinako stuff with Dominique...sad.gif

They should have mentioned that, I think it was kind of important (and funny).

I think they're rushing through Izumi too sad.gif. At least it looked that way from the preview. If they do that, I sure hope they don't rush through Greed. Greed deserves his share of screen time.

I really hope they slow down once we get to the manga only stuff *crosses fingers*

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 15 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

neuhhh~ this was too fast for me, i wanted to see ed's armwrestle XD lol nearly the whole of volume 5 was in this episode, too much too much too much

--------------------

+Quote Post
KyuubiKitsune
post Jun 15 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 68,360

Hey did anyone notice the wind turbines in the background?

--------------------
FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAAAYYY

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 15 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

I think tghey picked a good place for the home-burning scene to go. When Ed looked over at Winry and smiled, shivers went down my spine... don't know why! XD
It made me sad that they cut out the part where Dominique had a history with Pinako. That made me laugh so hard in the manga!

Anyway, they're probaly going to finish the Dublith story arch much faster considering they already took care of the flashbacks to the human transmutation. Which means the battle with Greed is coming up, and after that, Rush Valley again! So exciting! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Jun 15 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

Yep noticed that, those wind turbines were on the cliff directly over the Riddle's house... can't say I'd feel too comfortable with those gigantic blades right overhead! lol

I think they missed too many things in this ep for me to be entirely happy about it, but what they did animate was well done. I have to say that I missed the chase in the city scene but I suppose that if I really want to see that I can go back to the first anime and watch their (entirely too long) version of it. They really overplayed Ed's alchemy in that chase too. And her going back to the Riddle's with the watch made exactly NO sense. Them finding her in a pawn shop on the other hand, did.... I am glad that they kept Al catching her in a cage, and then Winry's grabbing her after she scythed the bars open though smile.gif

How could they miss granny Pinako in her glory??? Loved that panel in the manga! And its not like it would have taken much to animate if they would just stop giving us episode summaries and all the other unnecessary stuff we all keep mentioning! On a side-note, what is with the ultra-shrinkage that befalls all older characters in anime? I mean I know people lose inches as they age, but they really seem to overdo it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jun 15 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 15 2009, 05:29 AM) *

I was surprised by this - was that line in the manga? It seemed to me like it should only take an even more dire helpless situation for Ed to compromise himself *that* much.

I also noticed those wind turbines, and they looked a bit out of place since it didn't exactly look like a particularly windy DESERT.

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Jun 15 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ Jun 15 2009, 10:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 15 2009, 05:29 AM) *

I was surprised by this - was that line in the manga? It seemed to me like it should only take an even more dire helpless situation for Ed to compromise himself *that* much.

I also noticed those wind turbines, and they looked a bit out of place since it didn't exactly look like a particularly windy DESERT.

Ed actually did comment about praying at that point in the manga.

"At a moment like this... you can probably do nothing but pray... Pathetic...." (Vol 5, Chapter 19; in online viewers it would be page 5)

Yes, I completely butchered the official Finnish edition, but Ed really became a hypocrite.

I agree that the pacing was questionable in the first half of the episode, I had hard time keeping up with it. I kind of found it annoying that they didn't keep the Paninya fight in Rush Valley, because in vol 8, the residents complained because Ed broke their houses again while chasing after Ran Fan. I found this funny.

Also the missing bit of Pinako-Dominic history. They DEFINATELY should have kept that.

The bridge scene was also missed, not only because of the character development but also because it shows Ed's determination to help. It also offered a good bit of hands-on alchemy explaining (the mass dragging the alchemy-made stone bridge down). When reading the manga, this info made it seem more realistic, in a way.

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 10:44 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css