HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 96 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Tombow
post Jun 12 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #196

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Ohh, I loved reading this chapter very much!!

Izumi is awesome!! And, the meeting between Olivier and Izumi was great!
I went awww at Alex saying "I wouldn't run away from the battle this time!"
The way the story moved from one location to the next, by following the communication line... I liked that.
And the small drama, like the brass officer gets killed by zombies the moment after salivating for Bradley's chair.. that was good. And then long awaited Ho-ho vs Father... it went very differently from how I thought it would be... less violence, more talk. Nonetheless that was great!! Loved dragon vs dragon. Got to go back and read a few more times to catch "in between lines" on Hohemheim's bubbles. ^^

@Rubyman - That is a good point, and I like that theory very much. smile.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Jun 12 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #197

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,190

THAT CHAPTER WAS SO BORING!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cinnamae
post Jun 12 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #198

Citizen

Member No.: 69,206

This chapter has left me confused and is bringing me out of lurkdom to hopefully clear it up. laugh.gif

For the longest time I've had trouble understanding Hohenheim's existence, and when I finally thought I had it under control this chapter spun me for a loop. I was under the impression that Hohenheim was more like Father than he was like the homunculus. The main reason I've thought this? When Hohenheim was on that mountain and expelled something that looked similar to the PS, it reminded me of a more crude version of what Father did when he expelled a stone from his body to turn Lin into Greed. Another source of confusion: he told Izumi and Sig that he was the philosopher's stone. From that I assumed his body was one of the more unique forms the 'stone' could take. Now in this chapter Father was trying to retrieve a stone from Hohenheim's body. From my understanding there shouldn't have ever been one. Maybe someone can help me with this.

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Jun 12 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #199

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

I agree.
this chapter was somewhat boring.
there's no ED. sad.gif
demo it is still good.
sloth death. for soo many times.
finally he got killed.
i love izumi appearance..
can't wait for the next chapter. laugh.gif

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 13 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #200

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Jun 12 2009, 06:49 PM) *
THAT CHAPTER WAS SO BORING!

@edxwinryfan - Umm.. would you like to add a little more to your post than just a line of all CAPITAL shouting of "THAT CHAPTER WAS SO BORING!" ???
As is now, your post is just a bashing of this chapter, and providing no "discussion." Would you like to tell us why you feel this chapter was so boring? Is it because you're an Ed fan, and there was no Ed? Or, you like fight scenes and what's provided in this chapter was not sufficient to you? Or??? As is now, your post is something similar to as if someone had just came up to you and out of blue shouted at you, "YOU ARE SO UGLY!!" (or something like that. >.<)
Since this is "content discussion" thread, please try to provide more than one line that's just bashing the discussion topic... check out Mhacy's post above, as a better example. It's also a short & concise post, yet providing much more discussion points, IMO. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cinnamae
post Jun 13 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #201

Citizen

Member No.: 69,206

QUOTE (Rubyman @ Jun 12 2009, 05:36 PM) *
I don't think Hoheinheim discarded "his philosopher's stone" (or rather the souls of xerxes' inhabitants, as he is himself a stone), as he is obviously breaking the law of conservation an using alchemy without even making a circle with its hands.

*facepalm* It appears being observant isn't my forte. (sad part: i did read your post :S) So, thank you for your take on it Rubyman. I hadn't seen anyone else comment on this and I thought I may have gotten confused somewhere along the way.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jun 13 2009, 01:44 AM
Post #202

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

I hate all the people who say that the chapter was boring sleep.gif

Indeed, there was no Ed, no EdWin (ugh), but it DOESN'T make chapter BORING. It was full of action, full of new content and important plot points. If you like FMA only because one character, pairing or action, leave now.

I LOVED how Izumi and Shig showed to help Olivier&Alex. Olivier, instead of being cocky herself, showed "some emotion", as Hoho would say xd Yay, they finally got rid of Sloth! 3 homunculi left, I'm right? (pun not intended'). It's ending and I'm somewhat happy - it would be great if Arakawa made all of us teary at the end, that's what I'm expecting from such a manga...

We've finally got to Father vs Van Hohenheim! I loved it a lot, the clumsyness of Hohenheim and successfully dodging Father's attacks biggrin.gif As I said before, his style is much as Ed's and I love it (Ed, make up with your father plz ;;).

Unlike the previous chapters, this left me very satisfied, I'm curious what is Hoho talking about, but I guess we get to know this soon!

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 13 2009, 01:56 AM
Post #203

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

I finally got to read the chapter a while ago (since I was stuck on a plane for soo long). It was definitely NOT boring though, it had a ton of action and plot development. Sloth is down, so we've only got Pride, Greedling, Wrath, and Father left. I hope Hoho's okay, it looks like Father didn't manage to harm him. *whew* I did want to see some of Ed, Al, Roy, and Riza, but I guess they'll come back next chapter.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 13 2009, 01:57 AM
Post #204

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

I thought this chapter was excellent and had some great highlights:

- Tag-team of Sig & Alex = sheer manliness!

- Izumi, housewife of the year, second to none & gets the job done.

- Ah Olivier, there's no keeping you down.

- Hohenheim v. Father was great and yes, it's pretty obvious where Ed's taste of transmutations comes from (Hohenheim transmuting the stairs and door was one of the best moments)

- Loved the line about how Father wanted a 'family'

Now the only thing that was lacking was Buccaneer getting to use his chainsaw against the puppets... cool.gif

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jun 13 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #205

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE ("Kale Mustang")
Now the only thing that was lacking was Buccaneer getting to use his chainsaw against the puppets...

Isn't Buccaneer a bit big to be a new Ash Williams laugh.gif ?

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 13 2009, 02:38 AM
Post #206

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Sannom @ Jun 13 2009, 02:21 AM) *
QUOTE ("Kale Mustang")
Now the only thing that was lacking was Buccaneer getting to use his chainsaw against the puppets...

Isn't Buccaneer a bit big to be a new Ash Williams laugh.gif ?

Heck no! All he needs is a shotgun attachment and he'll have his own 'boomstick'! laugh.gif

Just so long as he doesn't read from the necronomicon, he should be fine. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Jun 13 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #207

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

guys sorry for saying this chapter is somewhat boring.
it's just because it was not so epic as the ones before.
and like I said there's no Ed appearance. biggrin.gif
but it was still as great as ever...a total cliff hanger. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 13 2009, 01:57 AM) *
- Loved the line about how Father wanted a 'family'

yeah. i also love that line.
and Hohenheim last line "A being with no feelings wont beat us so easily"
he's really like ED. wub.gif

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jun 13 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #208

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

There's a plot point that has disturbed me for a while...
It's a question on where the zombie soldiers came from. Most recently, it was revealed that the Central soldiers could be zombified.
Now, suppose the military has been violating soldiers graves for the raw material? You know who I'm talking about...

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 13 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #209

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Claudius @ Jun 13 2009, 11:31 PM) *
It's a question on where the zombie soldiers came from. Most recently, it was revealed that the Central soldiers could be zombified.
Now, suppose the military has been violating soldiers graves for the raw material? You know who I'm talking about...

Can I just say OH GOD to this? Just the thought gave me sudden and infamous creeps.
But... weren't the zombie soldiers created? Dolls + philosopher's stone = zombies? Or am I missing something about the Central soldiers?

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
mira mirth
post Jun 13 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #210

Citizen

Member No.: 44,190

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 14 2009, 12:34 AM) *
QUOTE (Claudius @ Jun 13 2009, 11:31 PM) *

Can I just say OH GOD to this? Just the thought gave me sudden and infamous creeps.
But... weren't the zombie soldiers created? Dolls + philosopher's stone = zombies? Or am I missing something about the Central soldiers?

Oh dear, squick levels going up. Claudius has a point in that Olivia does reference potential zombification of Central soldiers, but hopefully she's just trying to freak them out. These zombies have been horrifying me ever since we've first seen them (imagine them animated), and I want to think that they're mass-produced dolls. Not that it makes the situation much better, but at least no graves are desecrated in the process...

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 04:46 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css