Reply to this topicStart new topic
51 And Beyond, Final episodes and possible sequel
Reivier
post Dec 4 2004, 04:48 PM
Post #61

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,222

Though a sequel would be nice, it would probably end up like one of those shows where in the second season they just make some crappy reasons for that some people didn't really die and come back to life magically or something and continue as if it never ended before. That would be degrading in a way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Dec 5 2004, 04:21 PM
Post #62

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

I just finished the series. I'd say that as much as I would want a sequel, I don't think it's in the best interest for the original. If there was a sequel, it would have to be done very well for it to have the same impact as the original had for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dragonflame327
post Dec 5 2004, 08:14 PM
Post #63

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,746

Agreed. *goes on rant about Mustang's and Hughes' bad VAs in the dub*

+Quote Post
Lokii
post Dec 6 2004, 12:53 AM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 3,022

Yeah, there's not much else they can do..
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

A second series would ruin it. They would end up making up some dumb excuse to create a whole other storyline.

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Dec 6 2004, 01:10 AM
Post #65

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

QUOTE(Sycia @ Nov 18 2004, 04:34 AM)
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Nov 18 2004, 09:22 PM)
Actually, I don't mind about character deaths... (afterall, I am a blood-gore-death-loving psyco...)

: ) I think character deaths, if done tastefully, really leaves a lasting impression on anyone watching an anime series. *Hints to Chrno Crusade* :X

oh, i cried buckets at the end of that series. *blows nose*

and i agree that a sequel would sort of ruin it. i think that some things should just be left alone the way they are, FMA post-movie in this case. i mean, what are 5 sequels you can think of that were really just as good as the original or better? if FMA had a sequel, the odds would be against it being as worth watching as FMA was.

hm, but i wouldn't mind a special or something on the roy squad and the military biggrin.gif

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 6 2004, 01:39 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 2,565

hey, not all of them are bad... i can't think of 5, but vandread the second stage was quite good, IMO, and gundam SEED destiny is coming along nicely. tho i will agree, with hagaren it just doesn't seem like any good can come from a second season...

but i sure wouldn't mind seeing an OVA or two with some of the scenes from the manga that were left out in the anime... hawkeye was just starved for airtime, don't you think? no story continuation necessary...but i'd love to see in motion some of the scenes the anime forgot...

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Dec 6 2004, 06:05 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 3,228

QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 6 2004, 01:39 AM)

but i sure wouldn't mind seeing an OVA or two with some of the scenes from the manga that were left out in the anime...  hawkeye was just starved for airtime, don't you think?  no story continuation necessary...but i'd love to see in motion some of the scenes the anime forgot...

That's what they really should do with it. Fill in between the regular storyline of the original series with a few episodes from either the manga or something new.

I don't even think they need a movie, as the ending is quite sufficient for me and left me feeling the way I think I should have felt. In my opinion it was perfect considering this series. But, I'll still watch the movie when it gets fansubed. From what I'm hearing about the storyline it seems like it'll work fine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dragonflame327
post Dec 6 2004, 01:43 PM
Post #68

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,746

Maybe I just don't want FMA to end... And there's been good sequels! Endless Waltz was one, though I heard it was actually its' own series and not just a movie. That true? DBZ sucked right after Frieza...hell it sucked DURING the Frieza fight. I don't even know why I watched the Cell storyline, maybe it was because I liked him. Super Saiyin lost it's kick-ass factor when 50 other people found out they could do it too... I don't know why I watched the Buu saga..so repetetive. A bit of non-"let's train for 10 episodes to beat the newest creature of death" episodes would've done that series some good. I occasionally watch GT on saturdays, since it sits between two shows I like to watch.

OVAs would be nice. Hmm...I wonder, what do you guys think of an OVA that shows a bit of what Hohenhiem went through. While it WOULD kind of take away the feeling of "powerful-alchemist-who-lived-for-400-years-and-has-a-secret-agenda that takes care of only what he desires and nothing else" it'd be interesting, and yes I know, his reasons were explained. I congratulate them on not turning it into one of those "son has to stop evil father/relative from obtaining mass power, world domination, or destroying the world" plots.^^

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Dec 6 2004, 07:29 PM
Post #69

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

hohenheim's interesting, but at the same time a little dull. i'd prefer a few side-episodes on the military people smile.gif 37 was awesome partially because it focused so much on the gunbu-tachi. i'd like to see more of the goings-on in the office and a lot more screentime for roy/hawkeye hints wink.gif

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Dec 7 2004, 05:34 AM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

What I'd like is an OVA based on the manga storyline...LING!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDD

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Dec 12 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #71

Guests

i agree with what most people have said,
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Dec 20 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #72

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

I thought the ending left a possbile continuation of the series and was meaningful but I felt they tried to cramp too into it. I wouldn't mind them making a OVA or a movie but i'm not to sure about a second season. For now I'm just sticking to the Manga.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
cool_cola
post Dec 23 2004, 01:38 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 4,350

i just finished watchin the whole series and thinking of reading the manga. and then i just went to this forum to read other's thought of the series. i think that a movie following the series a good idea. it is a cool series and cant wait for the movie and i hope they make season 2 of FMA or a OVA or somthing. this anime is just too good to end like it ended. just my thoughts..

+Quote Post
Cloud28
post Dec 23 2004, 02:49 PM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 829

nah, i think a 2nd season of fma would ruined it..i mean theres not going to be anything new..laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkWater Alchem...
post Dec 23 2004, 02:50 PM
Post #75

Alchemists

Member No.: 1,273

If a series has a stand-alone finished, round story, sequels or prequels are just not done. So is it for FMA, except that the anime ending had the intention to end with leaving everyone on their hunger ... it's some kind of postponing the real ending, what will happen in the movie... (or maybe not, I don't really know)

We'll see. I felt sad at the ending and wanted to see the movie very badly so I guess it worked.

--------------------
~Guardian Angel of the Shonen-ai Royal Family~
Blessed with Sin: member of G.O.O.P. *hyper about bishies*
deviantart gallery - Divine Crisis

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 01:43 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css