HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Will Winry Return As A Pawn Again Or She Will Show Up As Just A Pie Maker? Or?, What is your prediction of Winry's role when she returns?
Pawn or Pie Maker? Or some other role?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 83
Guests cannot vote 
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 5 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,333

Winry better not be a hostage. She's already said she didn't want to be used, and if she's taken again, I think it'd really add flame to her haters, and just cause all her fans to get annoyed. If the poor girl isn't allowed to stand on her own and work for something she believes in, then all her character developement has been for nothing. She's come too far to be the classic 'damsel in distress'.

If she were taken, escaped somehow while doing something that had meaning, I'd be fine (however unlikely that is), but a practically pointless kidnapping is out of the question and I hope Arakawa won't put us through that.

I really like Winry, and how she's an average girl who is also independant. I think a hostage situation would kill all she stands for, and some of the things Arakawa tries to show through her writing.

I want to see Winry come back and do something cool, but even if she doesn't I won't be too disapointed (other than missing her, obviously)

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jun 6 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Very good point RoyxRizaFan! It would not fit her character. I am hoping she does come back in a helpful way other than making apple pie. Even if it's to make some chocolate cream pie or key lime! tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Jun 6 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

Hmm...I honestly haven't thought about Winry in a while, lol. I've been so caught-up in the Envy and Roy stuff.

Winry will have an important part to play I think. What exactly that'll be, I have no idea. But she influences Ed and Al so much, that I feel like they're going to see her again before anything big that happens at the end with them.

I hope she doesn't die, that would kill Ed (and me T__T). It's possible her and Wrath will confront each other again. Where was Winry last time we saw her?

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 6 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Jun 6 2009, 01:44 PM) *
...Where was Winry last time we saw her?

I think in Chapter 84, which is when she promised to bake Ed that apple pie. happy.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Jun 6 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 6 2009, 01:58 PM) *
QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Jun 6 2009, 01:44 PM) *
...Where was Winry last time we saw her?

I think in Chapter 84, which is when she promised to bake Ed that apple pie. happy.gif

Yes it was chapter 84 SADLY! sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kimonodragon88
post Jun 7 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 65,767

I think Winry will play another significant part sometime soon. Maybe more towards the end of the manga. I don't think she'll be a part of Wrath's pawn because I think she's smarter than to be stuck in that situation again, but I also don't see her waiting around with an apple pie since she's always so tired of waiting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 8 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Yeah, if Ed and Al returned to Risembool with their bodies back, and she was sooo happy that she cried, blah blah blah, they ate apple pie, blah blah blah, and Ed and Winry end up together somehow,blah blah blah...
... I dunno why, I just think that ending sucks. I want their to be more drama, and DANGER and humour with her character! I don't want it to be all wrapped up and then have her just added in on the end because the writers feel it's an obligation! I want her to be put back SOON, because if you think about it, it's been, like, a year before we've had ANY new Winry material. Think about it! It just makes me angry is all... dry.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jun 8 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #23

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I have always thought there is more to her love for Ed then just it being a nice part of the story. To me it just seems key, especially how it was so highlighted and we were reminded of it (as we were how Ed possibly feels). Unfortunatly I see it being important as a weapon against either him or her...otherwise...why would Arakawa put it into a manga that would otherwise not need romance.

I don't know if she'll be used as a pawn, in the same way I can't see her being left until the end. Even if it turns out to only be a minor scene she was adament in chpt 84 that she would do all she could...letting her sit there and wait seems a waste of the character she has become.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 19 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

lol i want winry to do something cool, like i dunno, take a bullet for Ed or something, haha i don't want her to die or anything! i want her and ed to get together at the end XD but I want something pretty dramatic, life threaterning and worrying for the reader to happen with the two, and since she is basically the female lead i think thats probable, and I hadn't really thought about it but it has been a very long time since she was last around, getting on for a year now right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 19 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 52,558

If Winry took a bullet for Ed, I would be in shock.

I know this isn't going to happen, but it would be funny if Wrath showed up to where Winry is, and she was baking an apple pie, and then she hit him in the face with it. But once again it is not going to happen.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 20 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Jun 19 2009, 12:11 PM) *
If Winry took a bullet for Ed, I would be in shock.

I know this isn't going to happen, but it would be funny if Wrath showed up to where Winry is, and she was baking an apple pie, and then she hit him in the face with it. But once again it is not going to happen.

Shocked that Winry would do that for Ed, or shocked that someone would shoot at Ed? tongue.gif I don't think it's going to happen in the plot, but Winry probably does love him enough to want to protect him.

Lol at the pie-in-the-face Wrath image laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 20 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

lol, that would be pretty amusing if Wrath got hit in the face with an Apple pie XD

lulz, it would be an epic edxwin moment if it did happen XD I wonder how Ed would actually react to that? I is curious tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 20 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Ha, I really like that pie image XDDD

As for Winry taking a bullet for Ed, I think she does have it in her to do it. I don't think I can see it actually happening, but that's an interesting thought. It'd be an interesting twist for sure.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 20 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #29

If Winry did take the bullet though, she won't die...right? sad.gif We have to have both EdxWin and Royai in the ending! I think most people agree that none of these four are going to die.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 20 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 52,558

@kkg22104 I hope that Ed, Winry, Roy, Riza, and Al too for that matter don't die. Because we do need an Edwin and Royai ending.

I am glad people like my Winry pie throwing scenario. If I was good at drawing I would so make that a comic.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 12:53 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css