HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 9: Created Feelings - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! Spoilers for th efirst 9 episodes!!
edxwinryfan
post May 31 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #46

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,190

I have to say that after watching this episode, I liked the music in the first anime much better.... Anyway overall the episode was pretty good,mostly because there was the first EdxWinry moment biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post May 31 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #47

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

First thanks to those who warned us against bad quality subtitles, the Eclipse's just released their subs so everything should be fine biggrin.gif
Again, from what I understood (and remembered from manga) this episode was well done and pacing nicely. The moment I looked so much forward to (Winry + wrench) followed manga exactly, to every last line. Elicia's birthday party was amazing, especially after Winry joined Elicia fanclub smile.gif Romi Paku was as great as always, her 11-year-old Ed left me moved...

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post May 31 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #48

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

If anybody has a link to the subs, could you please PM me? =) Even if they are horrible lol so long as you comprehend what's saying, I don't really care. tongue.gif

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post May 31 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #49

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

Nice one! Maybe my fav 'till now!
Very funny in the first part, and I noticed that this time many drawings were the same as the manga. Also the Scar part was really well-made.

In the "what will happen" part are shown some scenes from the Ishbal War. Do you think it's possible that in the next episode we'll see the facts of the chapters 58-61 (the 15° volume)? I hope we won't, I loved that chapters and I would prefer an episode or two dedicated to them, not to see them condensed in an half-episod (the other half of the next one will surely be occuped by you-know-what), and not so soon in the series.

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post May 31 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #50

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

This episode was great. The scene where Maria slaps Ed was much better than it was in the first series.

I love that face Denny made right after Maria slapped Ed. Almost as if he felt Ed's pain. Maybe he too has personally experienced Maria's stinging slap of love.

Too bad they left out the scene where Denny felt all insulted because Ed told him not to compare Al with a "love obsessed sergeant" after Denny thought Al was acting strange because he was in love.

I really like the portrayal of Denny in this series better than the last series. I feel like he's actually a character and not just Maria's sidekick. He even took part in punishing Ed and Al (even though he got a broken hand as a result)

I always get mad at Al because he was so willing to believe a maniac he only met one time over his brother who he has known his whole life.

+Quote Post
Imbris
post May 31 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 63,564

Man, I got chills during the preview for next week's episode. It'll be a tearjerker, that's for sure... ;(

That Izumi cameo is awesome, I never noticed that in the manga!

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post May 31 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Krokgard @ May 31 2009, 07:28 PM) *
In the "what will happen" part are shown some scenes from the Ishbal War. Do you think it's possible that in the next episode we'll see the facts of the chapters 58-61 (the 15° volume)? I hope we won't, I loved that chapters and I would prefer an episode or two dedicated to them, not to see them condensed in an half-episod (the other half of the next one will surely be occuped by you-know-what), and not so soon in the series.

Maybe they're just going to show a minute or so of the Ishbal flashback, because there was a lot of stuff going on in those manga chapters so later on they should do them properly. It's probably included just to emphasize Mustang and Hughes' relationship and make us all sadder. sad.gif

Currently downloading Eclipse subs. I did watch the Punch subs online, they pretty much sucked but it was still better than nothing.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post May 31 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

The subs sucked, but I still got what was going on, lol.

Anyway...GREAT episode! I almost cried when Winry was yelling at Al T___T.

They had the best manga moments of this! It was almost frame-per-frame Manga! I'm so happy!!

I thought this episode was amazing and the show keeps getting better.

I'm not sure I'm ready for what's to come next week, but I guess it had to happen sooner or later T___T sad.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post May 31 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #54

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

I wasn't really satisfied with the art and animation in this episode--they weren't as bad as they were in Episodes 3 or 7, but they were both pretty lazy. I know that they're saving their budget for when the real manga parts kick in, but couldn't they put some more effort in? Especially with the background crowds, and that Ishvalan kid. The way he was just staring and smiling at Scar was somewhat creepy.

The highlight of this episode for me was probably 11-year old Ed's angst. The toy robot was a nice detail too. And luckily, this wasn't drawn out like it was in the old anime...but it was kind of fast how they made up.

I'm beginning to think they have about ten pieces in the soundtrack. C'mon. Include some variations instead of seven billion different versions of different tracks.

Overall, a nice episode. Hopefully the next one will have a bigger emotional kick than Nina's. I think the phone booth in the preview might be an indication.

Edit: I'm not exactly happy with how they're ripping so many manga panels from the manga...it's an adaptation, it should get creative sometime with the angles.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post May 31 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Radadinator @ May 31 2009, 06:49 PM) *
I'm beginning to think they have about ten pieces in the soundtrack. C'mon. Include some variations instead of seven billion different versions of different tracks..

Although they reuse tracks they seem to add in a new track every episode or so. In fact I don't remember hearing the music that was playing when Winry & Hughes were discussing Ed & Al. I thought it was a beautiful.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post May 31 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #56

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Radadinator @ May 31 2009, 08:49 PM) *
Edit: I'm not exactly happy with how they're ripping so many manga panels from the manga...it's an adaptation, it should get creative sometime with the angles.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. I jump for joy every time they include a manga panel just because I'm happy they're sticking so close to the manga. And they did include some other scenes, like Al with the little toy robot.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post May 31 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #57

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

QUOTE (Kirara @ May 31 2009, 05:54 PM) *
QUOTE (Radadinator @ May 31 2009, 06:49 PM) *
I'm beginning to think they have about ten pieces in the soundtrack. C'mon. Include some variations instead of seven billion different versions of different tracks..

Although they reuse tracks they seem to add in a new track every episode or so. In fact I don't remember hearing the music that was playing when Winry & Hughes were discussing Ed & Al. I thought it was a beautiful.

Yeah, but they do reuse the ones that they have too much. Like that music that played when Al was looking into the mirror.
I guess I'm just biased towards the old anime's OST.

Edit: @kkg22104, I am happy about the manga panels, but sometimes I feel like they're just using the panels for lack of a better option.

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post May 31 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Well, aside from bad subs, the episode was awesome! I just looked at the chapters this episode is from, only about 2 days ago. And it was just about spot on! There were differences, but it's good that they do that.
The voice acting, as usual, was amazing! Rie-sama did awesomely with Al's yelling, and Romi-sama, during the flashback, almost made me cry!
I surprised that no one mentioned Sheska. She was mentioned and shown (for a second). No big importance, but it still made me laugh.XD
Next week, get the tissues ready! I got chills watching the previews!

BTW, does anyone know where I can watch Eclipse's subs streaming? Punch's subs were not good, and we won't know if Funi will start showing FMA:B anymore. Just PM me to let me know. THANKS!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post May 31 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

I thought they did a great job with this ep... the emotional content is all there and yet they didn't drag it out like they did in the first anime and have Al run off to sulk in the rain for days (that just annoyed me and seemed really out of character).

No arguement that the animation quality took a steep down turn compared to some of the other episodes though. I didn't mind it that much, but it was pretty obvious... though I loved the over-done 'gushes' of blood from Ed's wounds every time they mentioned Winry as his girlfriend! lol Rather missed the scene with Armstrong crushing him, and being wrapped up like a mummy for Winry's arrival though wink.gif Ah well... I think the scene with Barry the Chopper, Al and the broken mirror was both a good emotional moment (even if slightly cliched) and well animated for detail. And surprise, surprise, it even gave you a moment to breathe and reflect on his emotional anguish/confusion...... when 'rushed' is the most common phrase repeated about FMA:B. So it was nice to see that they are capabol of slowing the pace smile.gif

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post May 31 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #60

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,696

I will say that this episode truly made me cry. Al and Ed's angsting and fighting, along with Winry nearly bawling her eyes out just hitting Al repeatedly with her wrench, just made me feel so sad. The music in this episode was gorgeous as well.

Elysia's birthday party: fricking adorable. That girl is so cute! I understand why Maes gushes over her.

And then the preview for the next episode! Oh noez, it's here! I tear up just thinking about it. Oh my goodness...

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 10:21 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css