HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Should I Watch FMA-1 Or FMA:B First?
Which to watch first, FMA or FMA:B
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 105
Guests cannot vote 
FullMetalFist
post Aug 30 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #46

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,694

Just throw it all into a big blender and hit liquefy, and then see what you get. A big FMA smoothie, it goes down smooth any way, every way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 21 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #47

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

I think it's good to see the first series first, and then read the manga.

That's the way I did it ^__^ Both series are great and I feel like you can appreciate them both more that way.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jan 21 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #48

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 21 2011, 08:48 PM) *

That's the way I did it ^__^ Both series are great and I feel like you can appreciate them both more that way.

I agree. When you watch anime1 first, you can fully appreciate it without any bias. Than, you can read the manga and fully appreciate the original. Then after that, you can watch Brotherhood to appreciate the scenes they adapted well from the manga. I think that's the best order. Otherwise I feel like if you see the manga or Brotherhood first you're too bias for the original to really get the first anime.

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Jan 22 2011, 09:32 AM
Post #49

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 22 2011, 05:51 AM) *
QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 21 2011, 08:48 PM) *

I agree. When you watch anime1 first, you can fully appreciate it without any bias. Than, you can read the manga and fully appreciate the original. Then after that, you can watch Brotherhood to appreciate the scenes they adapted well from the manga. I think that's the best order. Otherwise I feel like if you see the manga or Brotherhood first you're too bias for the original to really get the first anime.

I most definately agree. Both the series are so so different from each other. The characters have different goals, the focus is different, art is different, music is different, some voice actors are different. It's pretty difficult to even talk about these two in the same sentence.

Yes, there is the danger of not being able to appreaciate the first anime in case you stick to the original from the beginning. Some people tend to feel stronger for the version they first see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jan 22 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #50

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

I watched the first anime first, then Brotherhood, then read the manga. But really, it doesn't matter. You can do whatever as long as you remember to watch/read all of FMA. tongue.gif You'll enjoy it all!

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
KingLes98
post Jan 22 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 76,676

I felt like the Manga didn't translate well into Brotherhood. If you want my opinion, watch FMA-1. If you want the original FMA story just read the manga. Although the fight scenes in Brotherhood are amazing so if you like the action scenes in the manga, Brotherhood pulls it off flawlessly.
(Just got through reading a bit of the manga)

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 22 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

I don't think you would have the patience to watch FMA 1 after FMA:B... I know I don't have the patience to watch the first one, anymore.

But do watch all the versions, cause they deserve it. ^^

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
None Other!
post Jan 27 2011, 01:15 PM
Post #53

Citizen

Member No.: 77,180

Hey gang!

Just discovered this board a couple days ago, and I thought I'd join up! I've probably got a different view point from most people on this forum as I am completely new to the FMA universe (not new to anime though, don't know how I've managed to miss FMA over the years....).

I've decided to start with FMA: Brotherhood. I'm watching the english dubs, so I'm basically just waiting for each volume to come out on dvd. I've got the first 3 thus far, so I'm basically just a few episodes into the Briggs stuff.

I'm LOVING the series so far. It's quickly become one of my all time favorite shows. I don't know how it stands up to the manga and/or first series, but I've had an easy time following it, and as I first time viewer, I don't find it rushes at all. If I had to be really nitpicky, I'd say the animation quality on a couple of episodes is a little lower than others which is a tad unfortunate, but overall, I'm very happy with the series. And the work they put into the english dub is REALLY good (granted, I havn't watched with the japanese VO's yet to compare)

As for favorite characters, I pretty much love them all, but if I had to narrow it down, I'd say (in no particular order) Ling, Armstrong, Mustang, Envy & Al. Can't narrow it much more than that, lol.

Anyways, nice to come to the site, I'll probably peruse lightly for now until the rest of Brotherhood releases so that I don't spoil anything for myself, but so far it's fantastic.

PS - Probably gonna read the manga after Brotherhood is over & then give the first anime a go. smile.gif

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 28 2011, 07:29 AM
Post #54

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^Hello, None Other! A great big welcome to the board! I'm glad you could join us! You can pop to the welcome thread to say hello or if you're stuck, take a look at the Guide to the Forum; and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask! Also, if you want to, take a look at this thread if you haven't and would like to see the trailer for upcoming part 4 --it's really intense and will get you even more pumped up for what happens next!

I'm glad you like Brotherhood so much; I love it too (especially the dub, so I don't think you're going wrong by watching them, heheh!)

This is a difficult one for me because I watched the first series before reading the manga and obviously watching Brotherhood, so the first series is what got me into Fullmetal Alchemist in the first place.

Despite that, I think that if you want to get the true essence of FMA, I'd be the awkward one on the thread who'd say read the manga before watching any of two of the anime. After that, watch the anime in any order you want. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 05:32 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css