HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 95 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Chiyo
post May 8 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #31

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,466

Hmm agreed about the style and it being mentioned he looks 13 again, larger eyes generally indicate youth don't they? Shame, he's been looking so adult lately too, hopefully it won't be the same in the manga itself.

Ed's coat aflame would indicate a rather epic Roy meltdown...that's rather an exciting thought. I'm guessing, as others have mentioned, it will be a Roy/Ed fight that verges on going horribly awry when Riza will step in and save the day.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post May 8 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #32

Alchemists

Member No.: 68,172

QUOTE (Kirara @ May 8 2009, 12:36 PM) *
I might be in the minority but I don't want to see Roy & Ed fight. Although if this does happen I will just have to trust in Arakawa that these characters will see reason. But Ed is stopping Roy out of concern for him so I definitely do not think he would want to fight him. If he does then it would only be for Roy's benefit I am sure.

Personally I think if Ed is burned it will be because Roy is trying to hurt Envy not Ed.

I agree with you, I also don't want to see a Roy-Ed fight, but for a different reason.
A.) I think it's a too easy and even predictable option
B.) Fighting usually takes a lot of pages without much happening (but then, it's a shounen manga...). I would much rather see what's going on with the other characters then see 10 pages of a fight, leave that for the anime. For example, while I loved chapter 94, I think there were too much Envy-burned pages.

Anyway, that's my opinion ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Goral
post May 8 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 59,458

If Roy gets rid of Ed he can finally be first in popularity poll wink.gif.

Personally I wouldn't mind if Ed died (I don't like him that much) but it would be ridiculous if he was killed by Mustang.

--------------------
9 out of 10 connoisseurs recommend watching Kemono no Souja Erin.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post May 8 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

Shonen GanGan cover:

From hagaren_manga LJ community wink.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Kenni
post May 8 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 47,244

What the hell is wrong with Arakawa-sensei? Ed ist between 16 and 17 years old for god's sake. >_< Not 12 or 13. T_T The Gangan-cover-picture is nice, but Ed is too young. He did mature through the series, so Arakawa should draw him in his current state, not the past.

Sorry, if I'm complaining too much about Arakwas artwork. >_<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post May 8 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

Ed VS Taitou well in my heart Ed wins (plus I think having an automail arm will put him at an advantage). tongue.gif

It's just the style Arakawa chose to use for the cover not the manga. And as far as we know Ed is still 15. If anything he just turned 16 so he is not close to 17 yet. Not that much time has passed in the manga.

+Quote Post
Kenni
post May 8 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 47,244

QUOTE (Kirara @ May 8 2009, 11:17 AM) *
And as far as we know Ed is still 15. If anything he just turned 16 so he is not close to 17 yet. Not that much time has passed in the manga.

Uhm... no. I think he should be 16 for half a year now. Time passes fast, doesn't it? We had a timeskip between the North Country arc and now, we (more or less) skipped a whole season. Eds wounds were serious, that took a while too heal. I think we're in spring (or late spring) right now (correct me if I'm wrong), Eds Brithday is supposed to be somewhere in autumn or winter. Okay, I searched and his birthday is in winter, but considering Arakawa is from Hokkaido (This has especially been mentioned while talking about Eds Birthday) where the winter is half a year long, his birthday could be in october as well as in march. So Ed's birthday is quite a problem, but still, I think she is at least 16, not younger.

It's bugging me, he looks like a child. XP I want to see badass-Ed. xD How is he supposed to keep track with Roy with that childish face? xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 8 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #38

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Kenni @ May 8 2009, 10:16 AM) *
What the hell is wrong with Arakawa-sensei? Ed ist between 16 and 17 years old for god's sake. >_< Not 12 or 13. T_T The Gangan-cover-picture is nice, but Ed is too young. He did mature through the series, so Arakawa should draw him in his current state, not the past.

Sorry, if I'm complaining too much about about Arakwas artwork. >_<

I don't really have a problem with the artwork at the moment. It's more exaggerated, but I like it because it 'pops' out more than all of the standard shonen magazines - most of which feature the protagonist scowling/frowning (save for either Naruto or any of the One Piece cast).

Besides, this is more of a case where the cover art is not representative of the final artworks - I'm way to use to seeing this regarding video games, so it doesn't surprise me regarding manga either.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post May 8 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Kenni @ May 8 2009, 10:29 AM) *
Uhm... no. I think he should be 16 for half a year now. Time passes fast, doesn't it? We had a timeskip between the North Country arc and now, we (more or less) skipped a whole season. Eds wounds were serious, that took a while too heal. I think we're in spring (or late spring) right now (correct me if I'm wrong), Eds Brithday is supposed to be somewhere in autumn or winter.

Arakawa said Ed's birthday is supposed to be in the winter and then she joked that their winters are really long. I guess you could argue that winter is over so yes Ed is probably 16 by now. But only a couple months have passed and now winter is over. So at most Ed just turned 16. In fact I have a theory that he turned 16 when he was healing from his near death experience (just a theory though). But trust me not that much time has passed that he would be close to 17 now.

It's bugging me, he looks like a child. XP I want to see badass-Ed. xD How is he supposed to keep track with Roy with that childish face? xD

Well okay but it's just a style it's not that Arakawa doesn't understand Ed's age. And for me Roy and Ed are equals anyways. smile.gif

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post May 8 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Yeah, if you want adult Ed, we might draw him a beard =D. He's okay this way, I think. I look very young, too (but I'm not).
Any first pages, allready? If there's the cover, where's the rest?

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post May 8 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE (black~hayate @ May 8 2009, 11:38 AM) *
Yeah, if you want adult Ed, we might draw him a beard =D.

If Ed had a beard, there would be NO way Roy could beat him. A beard is like like +100 MAN POINTS.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post May 8 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

QUOTE (black~hayate @ May 8 2009, 01:38 PM) *
If there's the cover, where's the rest?

Best quote of the day!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post May 8 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #43

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

Yayy! the preview for Chapter 95! >w<
I actually quite like the perspective used on Edward in that pic, it's interesting that his coat looks as if it's had half of it burnt too. O.O

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 8 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #44

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (AndroidLust @ May 8 2009, 10:49 AM) *
If Ed had a beard, there would be NO way Roy could beat him. A beard is like like +100 MAN POINTS.

Great, now you're making me feel bad...

<--- Can't grow facial hair/beard because I'm Asian...

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post May 8 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 8 2009, 11:58 AM) *
Great, now you're making me feel bad...

<--- Can't grow facial hair/beard because I'm Asian...

Aww, don`t feel bad! You don`t need a beard to be manly, it just adds bonus man points. tongue.gif
I actually hate beardy guys. It can make guys look dirty, or like hobos.

Also, bearded Ed.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 02:27 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css