Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pokemon Heartgold And Soulsilver
IceSkadi
post Dec 8 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #76

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,103

Pokemon Red and Pokemon Gold are all my childhood. I'm so happy that they did a remake despite I will have to steal my brother's DS to play with it tongue.gif

Anyway my only question is: there are the new ugly pokemons too (I don't want to offend someone but the new games are nothing compared with the old ones imo)? In this case I think that the remake will lose many points...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Dec 8 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #77

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,299

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Dec 8 2009, 04:10 AM) *
You've already played the games? How are they? Better than the originals, or worse? Do they differ much? Worth getting? smile.gif

Yes i played/Owned them. They are fun, I like them, I love all the new feature, like the touch menu, the new Register item feature, the pokemon following you feature, and love how you can use the touch screen to talk to people too. the features differs much, but the storyline doesnt seem to change, except for like the in game events, I like more than the old one. But the Original one has always have a piece of my heart and gaming experience. Yes it is worth it, It's a well done Remake, they even have a thing called "GB Player" where you can switch to the GB music of G/S/C, and switch back to the HG/SS DS music, but you get it after you get 16 badges.

EDIT:

Hey, I saw on Bulbapedia that HeartGold and SoulSilver has been marked with a date, according to Amazon. With that info they posted official box art for the English version. Check it out here

The release date is posted as March 14th 2010. Thought the Official Website hasn't really provided us with a real date, but Amazon posted a date, and you never know. I hope it is a date. But the Boxes seem real to me.
here is the Amazon Site.
Pokemon HeartGold Amazon
Pokemon SoulSilver Amazon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 10 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #78

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

So the games are coming out this Sunday. I've preordered them both. I'll probably do my usual, and play one for the story and the other for whatever Pokemon aren't available in the other. Although, that's why I liked the 3rd 'combined' kinds (i.e. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum)

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
beastPlushi
post Mar 14 2010, 02:58 AM
Post #79

Citizen

Member No.: 72,714

Heh, I actually just had to make a banner of this game for my friends website.

I personally haven't played a Pokemon game since Red & Blue, but I'm glad to see that they still have a loyal fan-base.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 14 2010, 04:13 AM
Post #80

Member No.: 55,758

Mmm which version to get? Only thing that differs is some Pokémons available, all other content is the same right?

I always liked Lugia better than Hoho (?), so that's the thing Silver's got going for it. But I recall there being another legendary mon supposedly lurking in some forest, that you couldn't aqquire in Silver, which always intrigued me. Hmm.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 14 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #81

Lt. General

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Mar 14 2010, 04:13 AM) *
Mmm which version to get? Only thing that differs is some Pokémons available, all other content is the same right?

I always liked Lugia better than Hoho (?), so that's the thing Silver's got going for it. But I recall there being another legendary mon supposedly lurking in some forest, that you couldn't aqquire in Silver, which always intrigued me. Hmm.

I got both >w> And yeah, some Pokemon are only available in this game or that, which is why I like the combined versions~

*(?) Ho-oh, not hoho

As for that Pokemon not available in silver, I've never heard of that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 14 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #82

QUOTE (Little Washu @ Mar 14 2010, 06:07 PM) *
As for that Pokemon not available in silver, I've never heard of that.

I was just going to say that I couldn't for the life of me remember its name, but then it suddenly came back to me as I was typing that sentence - Celebi. Its a green little mysterious Pokémon said to reside in a shrine in a forest passage. (There's a movie in the franchise about it as well.)

But maybe you can't catch it in any version. Maybe it was just mentioned as a legend in the game, to add some depth and mystery to the world, and the player was never meant to actually be able to catch it in the first place. I was 9 or 10 when I played Silver, so my english probably wasn't all that great, I could easily have misinterpreted some things.

--- ---

On another note, talking about these games, I re-remember something that makes Ho-oh all that more awesome. Remember the huge, mystical rainbow bird that an inexperienced Ash briefly glimpses somewhere in the early episodes of the first - and best - anime generation? You don't get to clearly see it yourself, and you have no idea about it at the time, but that's Ho-oh. Which, years later when during the gameplay of Gold/Silver realizing it's the same Pokémon they're referencing to, was very, very awesome.

Sweet nostalgia.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 14 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #83

Lt. General

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Mar 14 2010, 11:09 AM) *
Celebi. Its a green little mysterious Pokémon said to reside in a shrine in a forest passage. (There's a movie in the franchise about it as well.)

Dude, EVERYONE knows what Celebi is, no need to give the description XD;

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 14 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #84

Well, so, is it catchable or not? ^^U

Edit: Bulbapedia has enlightened me and removed me from my previous shameful state of ignorance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Mar 16 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 42,299

I got the English version(SoulSilver, I didnt get HG) the same day it came out. I love it. Except they had to make the changes in the GoldenRod Game Corner. Dx, stupid Voltorb Flip. Oh well.

I can play my Japanese one. I restarted my Japanese HG a while ago, and I was wanting to finish the Johto region before, but i couldnt cause I got too lazy since I got Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep xD. But I am at the Elite 4 in the Japanese HG.

in my English SS, I am at the 7th Gym.

My Japanese SS, I beat it xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 17 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #86

*Soul Silver pre-ordered* (crosses fingers that I'll get one of those limited Lugia figures included)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Le Monkey
post Mar 17 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #87

Major General

Member No.: 2,167

Silver and Gold Pre-Ordered. ^-^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 17 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #88

God I can't wait to play this game. Seriously. Wasn't even planning on pre-ordering it, very rearely do that with games, was just gonna walk in and buy it at the store. But then I realized I want this game too bad to want to risk it being all sold out.

Not that I expect it to be, but you never know.

... Only nine days left. It comes out march 26th over here. On a friday. I sure hope I get my copy in the mail the same day, otherwise I'm probably gonna have to wait until the following monday or so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Le Monkey
post Mar 17 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #89

Major General

Member No.: 2,167

Same here, I ordered mine on play, they will send it out on wednesday so I get it by friday, ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 17 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #90

Lt. General

Been playing my SS for a while now~ About to beat Morty. Haven't touched HG though, saving it~

The boxes sure are pretty, eh 8D?

Also, the figurines are too~

But the fact that only some Pokemon are available in HG, and some in SS, leads me to hope for a Crystal remake even more~ If not just to be Kris, but to get the Pokemon that both games have~ Also the combined remakes (Emerald, Platinum, ect.) usually are better in every aspect~ I just hope they add Kris as an option then, after all, she is Kris (Crystal)~

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 11:08 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css