HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 4: An Alchemist's Anguish - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! Possible Spoilers for the first 4 episodes!
Rating 5 V
spectator
post Apr 26 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #46

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,836

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Apr 26 2009, 11:48 AM) *
Can somebody tell me a SAFE website where I can watch this episode? Subbed, preferably. One that won't make my Spyware Remover freak out again.

I think www.ani-zone.co.cc is fine. But I'm not sure if it's legal.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Apr 26 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #47

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

Visit this thread: http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...showtopic=12700

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Apr 26 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #48

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Oh, I just finished watching it. (finally!) Anyway, this was, no doubt, the best episode so far. The next episode is going to be fantastic. I can't wait to see the battle with Scar animated! And also, no split-screen! I was afraid, when watching episode 3, that it was gonna become a common thing, but it didn't. (Thank God.) Oh, and after his battle with Scar, I think older Winry's introduced, so let's look forward to the episode after next. (If I know Bones, they're probably gonna stuff a little extra EdxWin in there for a pure fanservice.)

On a seperate note, does anyone know if those funny cap summeries were uploaded yet? And could you give me the address? Thanks. smile.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Anakishi
post Apr 26 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #49

Citizen

Member No.: 67,896

Forgot to mention something: I'm one of the few who didn't think the recap was a total waste of time. That narrator's voice annoys me so much I want to kill him, but at least he said some interesting stuff. Especially liked the "Stand up. Move forward. (...) Those words were also directed at Al and himself" (or something like that) part, since it introduced what I believe is the message of this episode: even when things get real ugly, you still have to move forward. From my point of view, FMA has its angsty and dark moments, but overall it's a hopeful and positive series, and they stick to that. Love it.

It seems the capsummaries are gonna be late again. Oh, well... it must be hard to make fun of this ep, anyways.

--------------------
- Goodbye, FMA, please help me find the strength to move on and get stronger, too!! ^^
- If I don't answer your reply, it could be because:
1) I'm too busy to turn on my computer.
2) I got shy, and didn't come back to the discussion.
3) I hate you, and I'd rather ignore you.
4) Your point got me speechless, congratz!

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Apr 26 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #50

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

So I finally watched it and thought it was WONDERFUL!

I'm so happy. They captured the sadness and anguish of this entire thing perfectly. I agree with some statements that it was even sadder than the previous version...and I was sad watching that one too!

I am so happy to see Scar again!! happy.gif. I missed the guy. Next episode is going to be awesome!

I'm really getting into this series more and more each episode.

I was sad that we're skipping Youswell...BUT...they mentioned Yoki, which is a good sign! So although we won't actually see the episode, we know he's still going to make his appearance as intended. Yay! happy.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 26 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Yes, this episode was win. It kicked old anime @$$. And I loved how they put in the little thing about Yoki. And showing Gran die, this version totally contrasted with how Arakawa said it happened in her extras LMAO

It was, as mentioned before, a lot more emotional this time around. I was finding myself hating Tucker even more than before, and I felt even worse for Nina. Though I always want to cry after this.

I liked Ed kicking the watch and was waiting for Al's line, but it went fine without it, IMO

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Apr 26 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #52

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

It was so cool to see Maria Ross and Denny Brosh in this episode.

Nina was so adorable. This episode was so sad.

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Apr 26 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

They finally did it.
Best episode so far.
For all of the reasons already mentioned here. ;____;
Also, the art was beautiful. Looked sort of like watercolor.

+Quote Post
SonPan
post Apr 26 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 27,436

Just watched the episode... and i must say, AMAZING episode!
I read saw this in the manga long back so the old series was more fresh in my mind so I was moved to bits with the dialogue!, Nina crying... and OMG Edward's expression and Romi's VA made this episode PERFECT!
I was in tears again sad.gif
Also the part where Ed is in the rain, I just love that line, and his eyes when he noticed Nina was just SO heartbreaking! OMG gave me goosebumps
ALso the part where it showed Ed and Al peeking through the door watching they're dad and then Ed deciding to play was sweet smile.gif
This episode Alll in ALL had everything
Scar's new voice seems to suit him well as well
smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Apr 26 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #55

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Definitely one of the better episodes so far.
I agree with Ed in the rain being pretty cool.
Also: EPIC DOG.

Just wish that they hadn't made Tucker so blatantly evil before we find out what he did. Y'know, for people that are watching this without seeing the manga or the original series liek.

By the way, my memory is really fuzzy on the early manga chapters...Did Scar kill Basque Grand or whatever in the manga? From what I recall, he was only ever seen in Ishbal flashbacks or something.
Oh, and I think Scar's alchemy should mess up faces a bit more graphically.

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Apr 26 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #56

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

OMG, so fantastic!!

This episode was the best so far. I just loved every moment. The narration in the beginning didn't bother me at all.
I really enjoyed Scar's intro and Gran's death. I never liked GRan anyways, so the quicker he goes, the better. XD
I loved seeing Maria! But, I"m gonna have to keep my eye's open when I watch the episode again, cuz I don't remember seeing Denny.><
I was a little worried that we wouldn't get much of a bond as viewers with Nina and Alexander, but I was glad that we did. Nina was just too cute! That 9-year-old did an excellent job!
The whole scene with Tucker and Ed (after we see Chimera!Nina) was sad and awesome. The whole thing was straight from the manga! The looks on Ed's face was spot-on.
The rain scene blew me away! When Ed said "We're Human beings, who couldn't save a little girl" (or something close to that), I was like "OMG! Exactly like the manga!!!".
When Chimera!Nina touched Tucker hand, started crying and saying, "Tou-san...Tou-san" ("Daddy...Daddy"), I started crying. I NEVER cried during those Tucker/Nina episodes from the first series!
This episode was my fave, even though I hate Tucker. I was glad that they didn't show Scar killing Chimera!Nina. I knew they wouldn't but I was a little nervous that they would.
Next episode will be great! I can't wait to see Roy sulk in a corner cuz he was told he was "Useless". XD

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 26 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #57

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Just finished watching and I'm already dreading transcribing the Funimation subs (it'll still be done though!)

They did a fantastic job with this episode as it definitely matched the the tone of the manga (it did for me at least) and I loved how some of the environments looked like paintings (reminds me of the canvas-look from Valkyria Chronicles).

Despite knowing what was coming, my stomach still knotted up upon seeing Chimera!Nina...

Seeing Scar again was great, and I don't know if anyone else felt this way, but I thought that his kills were way more graphic (more in line with the manga) this time around versus series one.

Also great seeing Mustang's team, the new voices seem to fit them better, but it's still hard to tell.

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Apr 26 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #58

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Apr 26 2009, 10:52 PM) *
I loved seeing Maria! But, I"m gonna have to keep my eye's open when I watch the episode again, cuz I don't remember seeing Denny.><

Denny was in the scene where Bradley shows up during the investagation of Basque Gran's death.

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Apr 26 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

I just watched it!!
Great Episode!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
The Nina Part of both animes and the manga creep me out sooo much! sad.gif

I can't wait until episode 5!! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 26 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

I'm really happy that this episode has brought a positive feel around the series. Like I said elsewhere, if the series continues with this episode's rendition of the manga, I seriously am of the opinion that the epicness of it all will be immense, particularly when the new manga material will be animated.

And someone's comment on Alexander (EPIC DOG) just made my day: that canine made me laugh like crazy XDD

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2016 - 12:37 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css