HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 3: City Of Heresy - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! Possible spoilers for the first 3 episodes!
Sannom
post Apr 19 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,674

@Fullmetal Hippo: What scene did they show Ed's automail on the wrong arm? o_o I don't recall seeing it.

It's that one :

But in fact it's the "reflection" in Rose's eyes, so it's normal that it seems on the wrong side. I was fooled in the manga once with this, with Bradley's eyepatch. We saw his reflection in Roa's eyes, and I thought Arakawa put the eyepatch on the wrong eye.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Apr 19 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #47

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

QUOTE (SonPan @ Apr 19 2009, 07:03 PM) *
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Apr 19 2009, 07:01 PM) *
Can someone give me a link for the subbed episode?

Here you go smile.gif
<Snip ...Anyone interested in the link, PM me!! ^^>
I havtn watched the episode yet cause Im waiting for either Eclipse or Taka

Thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Apr 19 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #48

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 19 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #49

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Popo is correct, and therefore... sorry, but I edited out the direct link. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
SonPan
post Apr 19 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 27,436

OOps sorry! >.<
Wont happen again I promise!

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Apr 19 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

QUOTE (spectator @ Apr 19 2009, 06:47 PM) *
QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Apr 19 2009, 05:09 PM) *
Anyway...I think once they get past some of this stuff here and solidify the anime into it's new story line, things will slow and hopefully be more strict, page-per-page manga based. Though, I am most concerned about Youswell still. That's in Vol. 1 with Lior and if they're going straight to Tucker/Nina how are they going to introduce Yoki?

Yoki, the train incident (may not be in the new series, since Mustang and co. already been introduced), and nina in one go. Anyone?

I just keep thinking of Hughes's life been shortened as the new series rushes to the major plot.

Editing out the train is fine...nothing really essential to the plot there.

But they can't edit out Yoki because he is essential to the manga plot (teaming-up with Scar and Mei later. He may not be a MAJOR character, but he's certainly part of a lot of action in the future...and to his liking actually had a major part in a recent chapter [if stealing Kimbley's car is considered major] happy.gif XPP lol )

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Apr 19 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #52

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

I like the new Rose much better than the Rose in the old anime. She seems more real this time around. And her hair is much better too.

I am liking this new series much better than the old one.

+Quote Post
Colette
post Apr 19 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #53

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

It makes more sense for Rose to have pale skin. I just think she looked so much better in the first anime season ;_;

--------------------

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Apr 19 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #54

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

The pacing was a bit better, I enjoyed the extra development Rose received, and the direction is beginning to handle the emotional aspect of the brother's struggle in a more refined fashion - but having said that, I did not enjoy this episode.

The entire tenor of this series is too light-hearted and episodic for my tastes (zomg! philosopher's stone *cue recycled 3pic Latin choir*). I think I'm going to call it quits now and just enjoy the first series and the manga, because so far I've been disappointed by the new show.

It's too soon for me to put my all my thoughts in order, but suffice to say this show feels (to me) hollow and amateurish compared with season one. I guess it might have something to do with the fact that I'm currently watching Monster, and what that show accomplishes in a 24 minute episode compared to this is somewhat ridiculous. Slow-paced, thought provoking shows are more my style - the direction of this new season reminds me of Naruto or something (that Cornello-hulk scene was completely ridiculous). rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Cece
post Apr 19 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #55

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

I wouldn't really call anyone white in Fullmetal Alchemist except for Winry (blue eyes bond hair) because really who has Golden hair and eyes so I don't think we should try to translate FMA races to our world i would just call the Amestrian, Xingese or Ishbalan because it get confusing. If anything I would call everyone Japanese because everyone in FMA world to me with light skin is not white. Anyway I like Rose's new look she looks better lighter to me and the bubblegum pink hair was something I was happy to see go. Rose's character change was pretty awesome I have a lot of respect for her now. Her character was weaker and I like how she's portrayed as having a mind and having inner struggles. Cornello should have screamed more from the rebound and Ed was hot. I loved when he yelled to rose about how you can't bring people back to life ever. That was cool. I liked the humor and the split screen wasn't too bad. The pacing was much better in this episode though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Apr 19 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #56

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

Finally, the pacing improved. Okay, it's still pretty fast, but it wasn't as fast as the previous episode, and they took the time to go over the important scenes (like the ending with Rose and the Elric bros.) slowly.

The plot twist with Cornello ordering Rose to shoot Ed and Al was nice, but Cornello on steroids was really freaking stupid. I guess I could see it as a symbolism of his hunger for power, but even so, that scene really wasn't needed.

I'm glad that they got rid of Rose's inexplicably pink hair, the parrot chimera, and the mutant chicken boyfriend, at least. With those combined, I think I can forgive the Hulk Cornello. Sort of.

I actually liked Gluttony's new voice. I think they're trying to give him an adult voice so that he can seem more retarded in comparison? Whatever, the acting was good.

Ed's a cynical jerk again, which is awesome.

I think the real test for this series is the next episode, since the Nina stuff in the first anime was probably the most emotional part of the series. If they mess up on Nina, then I'll be pretty unhappy. :/

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Apr 19 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #57

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,068

I found it really enjoyable and I just loved how it had panels from the Manga. I was so stoked to see one of my favorite scenes in it: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fullmetal_al...01/c002/14.html. As i mentioned in the future discussion thread XD.

I agree that the pacing was a bit fast at first but it got better. I'm so surprised they managed to fit two chapters in one episode...(Okai, After watching it with subs, the pace really wasn't bad at all.)

Cornella after the rebound really shocked me XD. (and how stupid was he for trying to use the Philosophers stone again after his arm got seriously messed up) I wish they didn't put that in and just stuck with the way the Manga did it. i agree that it was a bit ridiculous XD.

I just loved how devious Ed was! ^w^ and his laugh XD.

I was a bit bothered by Cornello's and Gluttony's voice...but Cornello's was only for one episode so i don't mind so much. Gluttony doesn't sound very cute XD. I'll take some getting used to.

Rose with the gun was really unexpected but it was nice to have a twist there =D.

The humor was great in this one, i couldn't help smiling along.

Music-wise for this episode, i think the first series score was more fitting (However, i still love the music of the new series).

Next is Nina...and as it's only a chapter in the Manga...the pace should improve and slow down.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Apr 19 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (Colette @ Apr 19 2009, 04:58 PM) *
What have they done to my beloved Rose? ;_;

From this to this!

I don't.... ever remember her looking like that. Where did you get that screen cap?

Anyway, while I'm on the subject of Rose's new look, I think the reason why so many people like this version as opposed to the version in the first series is.... well, you know when you get a new hair cut and you think that you like it just because it's a change from your old style but that opinion is only temporary? Yeah, I think it's kinda like that.

QUOTE (Radadinator @ Apr 19 2009, 09:46 PM) *
Finally, the pacing improved. Okay, it's still pretty fast, but it wasn't as fast as the previous episode, and they took the time to go over the important scenes (like the ending with Rose and the Elric bros.) slowly.

I was starting to worry when they sort of rushed the beginning and Al smashed the radio so quick, I was thinking, "Not again with this! T_T", but I was then relieved to see they improved the pace of things.

QUOTE (Radadinator @ Apr 19 2009, 09:46 PM) *
The plot twist with Cornello ordering Rose to shoot Ed and Al was nice

I'm happy to see that they're shaking things up a little. Rose 'as got a little bit of a rough side to her now! It's pretty bad-@$$! (Take that Lord Xenu. You censor me, I'll symbol your @$$.)

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Apr 19 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Ed was a real jerk in this one and pretty self centered tongue.gif . But what's good about that is that it allows the viewer to see him evolve and grow as a person more strongly than he did in the original series. At least I hope that's the way it goes. Ed in the current manga is much more concerned about others than himself --a contrast from what he was like in the beginning.

As for Rose, I think she fits in better with the new look. In the first series I kept thinking she was Ishbalin. I like her personality better as well.

I liked that it was fast paced though and not stretched out for two episodes. I thought that it was done well. I actually liked Conello better this time around.

One thing that's getting to be a bit too much are the short jokes. Yeah, Ed's short can we move on now? .......at least for a few episodes. smile.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Apr 19 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #60

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,068

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Apr 20 2009, 12:18 PM) *
One thing that's getting to be a bit too much are the short jokes. Yeah, Ed's short can we move on now? .......at least for a few episodes. smile.gif

Yeah, it was but it was still funny XD. (I liked it better there than in the first episode)

Instead of short jokes,. we will have Alexander jumping on Ed XD.

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 06:29 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css