HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

68 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!, Reported episode titles (currently up to 63)/previews on page 1
Rating 5 V
Krokgard
post May 17 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #91

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,794

Thanks for the answers!
@Krokgard - Since FMA: Brotherhood anime will closely follow the storyline of FMA manga, as reported, I'm pretty sure that the ending of FMA: Brotherhood will be generally following the storyline of FMA manga as well. smile.gif

I hope so. I think it would be stupid to make an Anime that follow the manga but is different in the last few episodes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 17 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #92

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Krokgard @ May 17 2009, 03:44 PM) *
Thanks for the answers!

...I think it would be stupid to make an Anime that follow the manga but is different in the last few episodes.

@Krokgard - Aha, you noticed! ^^ Yes, and soon the Brotherhood anime storyline will start taking own path, very different from the first FMA anime series.

For more info on FMA manga-anime storyline differences, please check out FMA manga - anime (first series) differences thread. biggrin.gif

==============

Back on topic.... ^^

Preview of the next episode (episode 8) from FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site

(Translation by Tombow, the episode title is from official sub on Funimation.com)

Episode 8: "The Fifth Laboratory"

Seeking the truth about the Philosopher's Stone, Ed slips into the Fifth Lab of the Amestris military. There, he discovers the Alchemy circle for the Philosopher's Stone on the floor of the lab. But, he is attacked by an armored man who calls himself Number 48. Meanwhile, outside of the lab where Al awaits Ed, another armored man, Number 66 attacks Al. Fierce fights among them ensue, and during the fight Ed and Al discover that both Number 48 and Number 66 have their souls attached to the armors, like Al....

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post May 17 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #93

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I guess the next episode will have the entire battle between Ed and Al and the Slicer(s) and Barry. It sort of makes sense, if you think about the fact that there's so much action in the chapters the battles take place in.

Based on what we know already about the future episode titles, that leaves Alphonse's dillemma in the episode after that (this is one of those things I thought the manga handled better) and then the big tragedy.

How can we face such sadness again?

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post May 17 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #94

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

I wonder when the Greed arc will come in, cuz that's when the storyline really changes right? In the opening, we actually see Greed with his (awesome) shield ability, so does that mean he's going to appear in the first 13 episodes? Unless they're going to use the opening for more than 13 eps...

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 24 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #95

Group Icon

Preview write up of the next episode (episode 9) from FMA-2 official JP site

(Translation by Tombow, partly paraphrased with added description, episode title till is from official English sub on Funimation.com)

Episode 9: "Created Feelings"

Ed's automail was heavily damaged and Ed was wounded badly during the fight at the Fifth Lab. Ed calls Winry to Central from Resembool to repair his automail. Meantime, Al has been troubled by Barry's words from the Fifth lab, and Al begins to wonder, "Am I really Ed's brother? Or, was my memory fabricated, as well as my being as his brother, by Ed, by attaching a soul to an armor?" Al can not shake off his doubt, and it begins to tear apart Ed and Al's brotherly bond that had been unbreakable till now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post May 25 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #96

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

I guess like someone in another thread mentioned Hughes is going to be killed soon T___T. I didn't realize HOW soon that was! I checked the manga, and it could be done by episode 11. It seems so fast...but all in all, Hughes didn't last long in the manga...just long enough to miss him when he dies.

This also means... Rush Valley soon...which means: Rush Valley, Izumi, Flashbacks, Izumi, GREED (whose death is REALLY different here and so on)...Bradley reveals he's a Homuculus...

Some of this is still quite similar to the original series...it won't change so dramatically until we meet Ling I think

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 31 2009, 03:09 AM
Post #97

Group Icon

QUOTE (amestris_star @ May 31 2009, 05:12 AM) *

Thank you, amestris_star!!

Oh, boy... yap. The following is the translation of the episode 10 preview on FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site, as reported by amestris_star

------------------

(Interim translation by Tombow, the episode title is from official English sub on Funimation.com.)
Episode 10: "Separate Destinations"

In the hospital room, Ed and Al tell Armstrong, Hughes, and others about things they have witnessed at the Fifth Lab; about the human sacrifice, about the Alchemy circle for the Philosopher's Stone, and about the ones with the tattoos of Ouroboros. For now, there are no answers, and the mystery deepens. Suddenly, their talk gets interrupted by an unexpected visit by Fuhrer Bradley. He tells Ed and others there that there is some mysterious and disturbing existence within the Amestris military that King Bradley himself hasn't been able to find it's identity yet, and tells everyone to be discreet, and be careful. But, as if to ends Bradley's advice in vein, the enemy makes their move, with an attack on an unexpected person....

------------------------

That's it for now. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post May 31 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #98

Member No.: 67,594

You're welcome Tombow wink.gif

And yes... IT has arrived... *sniff*

PS. They left the Fuhrer's arrival with the melon too lol

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 1 2009, 06:13 AM
Post #99

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

On episode 10:

I'm sorta looking forward to a time where we don't have to put Hughes's death in spoiler bars. That or refer to it as, "the certain event". I, however, am NOT looking forward to the scene where Elicia and Gracia cry at his funeral. Bwaaah! T_T. Whoever just started watching Brotherhood without first reading the manga, or seeing Anime numero uno, must be, like, "What is everyone hiding?! I'm curious, what's gonna happen that's sooo terrible?!" And then when they watch episode 10 they'll be like, "....I didn't want to knnooooowww... T_T".

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 1 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #100

Group Icon

Thread merged.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 1 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #101

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

Although I could be completely off I am going to estimate that we will get to the manga material never animated in any shape or form (as in Vol 8 material) by episode 16 or 17.

I think they will get to the start of the Greed arc by the end of 13 (hence why he is in the opening.) And episode 14 and 15 should cover Vol. 7

I am a little conflicted how many episodes they will use to cover Rush Valley. Two seems too many but one seems to little. They can probably cover Izumi in 1 1/2 to 2 episodes. One episode for the Island/flashback and One episode for the present part with Izumi. Although maybe they will even combine this into 1 episode.

Anyways I think we will have the next batch of episode titles soon. They usually come out at the beginning of the month.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 1 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #102

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

The next episode preview looks to have some scenes from the Ishbalan war flashback. It even seems like it'll have that scene where Roy looks up at the Fuhrer and the Fuhrer can see the ambition in his eyes. Just as long as they keep the Fuhrer's watermelon scene, I'll be fine with this (though I want them to do a whole FMA movie about the Ishbal massacre). Though, thinking about it, won't the watermelon scene seem awkward, since we've already seen the Fuhrer's true nature in the first episode when Isaac tried to kill him?

The sooner they get through that Rush Valley arc, the better. It was by far the worst part of the manga, and made me want to stop reading it altogether. As much as Winry development helps her character, to have it done in such a drawn-out, painfully boring manner makes my head hurt. One episode is enough for that Rush Valley crap. I liked that the baby delivered in the first series was Elicia Hughes, and it was helped by the brothers (and Nina!). In fact, that's what made both the Nina and Hughes death so much more tragic, the involvement of the brothers in their lives.

Maybe they'll skip over Rush Valley like Youswell. I doubt it, though.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 1 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #103

Member No.: 68,640

Ahahaha, the melon scene. Yeah, the previous episodes did already show the suspicious side of Bradley, but the melon scene just shows how well he acts I guess.

Rush Valley is pretty important though. Winry helps deliver the baby, which is a huge deal for a fifteen-year-old girl. It kinda proves that she's good for other things besides automail and that she's pretty mature. Though I did like how they had Elysia born in FMA1, I always liked how Winry was the one who took action in the manga.

Oh, and the whole State Alchemist watch thing takes place in Rush Valley. Also, they first meet Ling and co there. So I doubt they're going to skip it.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 1 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #104

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

I love the Rush Valley arc. It has excellent character development for not just Winry but Ed & Al. Not only does Winry deliver a baby in that arc (which comes back during that Scar scene) after seeing Ed's watch she makes the conviction to get stronger herself and become an apprentice in Rush Valley.

As for Ed and Al's development they get to see a baby being delivered which ties into the whole cycle of life that Izumi teaches them. I don't really think it matters that is wasn't Elysia since I think the manga does a better job of exploring this cycle than the first anime. And again this ties into why we should not try to bring the dead back to life. There is also the scene where the little girl tries to get Izumi to bring back the kitten.

Finally in the Rush Valley arc we have Ed & Al unable to fix the bridge (or whatever it was that they were trying to fix) with alchemy. This shows that alchemy that Ed & Al rely on is not a super power and has its limitations.

The Ling thing happens later though when they return to Rush Valley.

However I think they can shorten the Rush Valley arc but not skip it entirely. They don't need to make the chase scene with Paninya quite as long.

In fact, that's what made both the Nina and Hughes death so much more tragic, the involvement of the brothers in their lives.

Well in the case of Hughes in the manga it had a bigger impact on Roy who along with Ed & Al is probably the next most important character in the story. Despite being more tragic in the anime I still prefer how the manga developed the Hughes death in how it defined the overall story. Hughes death was sad in the anime but after he died they never did much with it where it continued to be a large part of the story in the manga. And honestly I don't remember Hughes having that much more impact on the brother's life in the first anime series besides a few extra scenes (although I admit those additional scenes themselves were a nice touch).

I guess the difference for me is the impact of the event as it happens VS the impact of the event and how it shapes the overall story & development of the characters. Perhaps the first anime did a better job at the former but I would argue that the manga does a much better job at the latter.

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Jun 1 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #105

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

What makes me sad is that no matter how good this episode'll be, if it doesn't make an anti-FMA2 fan cry, they'll probably bash it to no end. If it does make them cry, they'll probably criticize it as being over-emotional. It would be awesome if this episode was so amazing that even the nitpickers can enjoy it.

I doubt that'll happen though, considering that most fans already know what happen to Hughes, and the bashing ones immediately consider any episode to be inferior to the manga or FMA1. But I'm guessing the Hughes episode next week will have about the same--maybe more--emotional impact that the Nina one did.

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 06:26 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css