HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

68 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!, Reported episode titles (currently up to 63)/previews on page 1
Rating 5 V
A Pierrot's Aria
post Feb 7 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #541

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

The episode 46 : The looming shadow

Winry comes back home in Resembool before "The promised day", and she unexpectedly meets Ed again. Meanwhile, Al secretly visited East City with Miles, then Al is seized with the sense that his soul is drawn by his body in hideaway. Al feels uneasy about the matter that the interval which is drawn by the body is becoming shorter. Then Al is found out by Gruttony. Al tries to escape from Gruttony, but his soul is drawn to his body again, then finally Al loses consciousness.

If that's got the scene that I'm thinking it has, then I can't wait to see this one! =P Heheh!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Feb 7 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #542

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,768

Phew, k. Not as worried about the cramming now. Oh please let them keep in Ed and Winry in 46. That is one of my favorite funny moments. biggrin.gif And it's just in 3 weeks. Sweet!

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Hyperthia
post Feb 10 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #543

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,952

QUOTE (FullMetalFist @ Feb 10 2010, 02:35 PM) *
......I have not read this far into the manga though so hopefully it gets better. The timing of things in this show is a little weird but overall I am enjoying myself. Does anyone know how many episodes there will be when the series ends?

I heard that it's slotted for 63 episodes.

--------------------
Siggy made by hilary::Avatar by me: link (do not use)
My FanFiction and DeviantArt accounts. :)

+Quote Post
FullMetalFist
post Feb 13 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #544

Citizen

Member No.: 50,694

If that's the case, is the manga over as well. If not then what happens when they get to episode 63?

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Feb 13 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #545

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (FullMetalFist @ Feb 13 2010, 03:19 PM) *
If that's the case, is the manga over as well. If not then what happens when they get to episode 63?

The manga is certainly coming to an end within a few chapters.

+Quote Post
Hyperthia
post Feb 13 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #546

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,952

If the anime catches up to the manga, which is unlikely, they will just have to postpone production. Or maybe even make a movie out of the last chapters... Who knows.

--------------------
Siggy made by hilary::Avatar by me: link (do not use)
My FanFiction and DeviantArt accounts. :)

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Feb 13 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #547

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

That long-arse battle against Pride is getting closer. Let's hope they don't skimp on the animation, at least.

Don't get so paranoid about the series catching up with the manga. It'll probably work out in the end.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Feb 14 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #548

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

^It really is hard not to get paranoid.

As of episode 44 they're now roughly 23 chapters behind the manga. At an average pace of 1.5 chapters an episode, that gives them around 15 episodes to be caught up to chapter 104 ( at episode 59) the TV broadcast getting there at the end of May, assuming no breaks.

By that point there will be 3 more chapters out but I think it takes a good few months to make episodes, so this is where the problem occurs, as it's likely they'll have animation teams lined up to animate the final episodes before the final manga chapters are out.

They'll probably be ready to storyboard the last episodes of the series soon if they haven't already started, yet just now they'll have a complete blank for what the ending is going to be.

I mainly worry because I think the studios have to stick by a production schedule that the executives set probably, even if it means compromising the source material. Money doesn't grow on trees after all and time is money.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Feb 14 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #549

State Alchemist (Major)

It's possible Arakawa already has the final chapter done, you know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Feb 14 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #550

Apprentice

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Feb 14 2010, 09:03 PM) *

Hell, didn't she tell the animators of the first series the whole story just so they know what not to do and won't spoil the rest of the manga?

This is the woman who specifically made Havoc a smoker from the start of the series just so she could pay it off with the scene where Mustang uses his lighter against Lust, some 30-odd chapters later. She maps out in advance like crazy.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Feb 14 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #551

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I know hahaha!

You guys, we're talking about ARAKAWA.
I'm not worried one bit.

Knowing her, she is already done. And i'm assuming that Bones is sworn under secrecy about the last of the plot...
which makes me a tad mad if that's the case. The jerks are probably laughing at us right now. "104?! That was soooo last year. We know how it all ends BWAHAHA!!"

I can see them...mocking us.

Anyways, as far as Brotherhood staying true, i'm not worried.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Feb 15 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #552

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Feb 14 2010, 08:03 PM) *

Uh, no, very unlikely.

Arakawa is a mother now, I think maybe she already has the next chapter done or heavily in progress but I doubt she's several chapters in advance. I mean 104 was friggin 52 pages, it was huge.

I'm sure she knows what she'll be doing for the last few chapters but I seriously doubt she has them drawn. She's been constantly getting chapters out each month for years. It's not like she's had spare time to accumulate a pile of future chapters.

Hell, didn't she tell the animators of the first series the whole story just so they know what not to do and won't spoil the rest of the manga?

Um, no? I think she told them to go down their own path but I'm very confident she didn't tell them the whole story. There would only be like a 1% chance of the anime team coming up with the same ideas that she would.

She plans out things in advance but she even said in an interview from last year or so that she had decided who would be fighting in all the last battles, but not how the actual battles would play out yet and that she was excited to draw them to see what ideas she would come up with for the combat. She does plan things out, but not EVERYTHING in exact detail.

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Feb 15 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #553

Apprentice

QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Feb 15 2010, 03:54 PM) *

Um, no? I think she told them to go down their own path but I'm very confident she didn't tell them the whole story. There would only be like a 1% chance of the anime team coming up with the same ideas that she would.

Okay, perhaps not the whole story, but she certainly told them the ending in advance-

"During the development of the first anime, Arakawa allowed the anime staff to work independently from her, and requested having a different ending from the one in the manga. She said that she would not like to repeat the same ending in both media, as well as to make the manga longer to work more in the development of the characters. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist

This was six or seven years ago. If she knew the ending back then surely she's further along with it by now.

Seriously, no need to get paranoid. What's the worry anyway? If it happens, it happens. Besides, it makes no sense for them to crap out this late in the game.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Feb 15 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #554

State Alchemist (Major)

Heh, now you're reminding me of those 4koma Arakawa did for the first series, like "a mother's flavor".

But now I'm getting off-topic.

I really don't have the same concerns as others that the anime will somehow go past the manga.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Feb 18 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #555

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

in an omake, she said that she -unintentionally- told BONES the ending...

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 08:01 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css