HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

68 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!, Reported episode titles (currently up to 63)/previews on page 1
Rating 5 V
Forsaken Love
post Jul 25 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #316

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,408

^ agree, Arakawa played that perfectly, and its pissing me off that BONES seem to think that they can tell the story better than she can, because I think they prooved pretty epically with anime 1 that they can't. Why they can't just stick to the manga is beyond me, I just know that this series is gonna end at like 51 episodes (or 52, how long was anime 1?) because it just adds up, with the amount of manga they covered in so many eps so far. I loved thinking mustang was a baddy, it was so epic, and the feelings you got thinking he'd actually killed her, graaaa you guys get what im saying right? Well whats really pissing me off, is that my friend is insisting on watching brotherhood before/if ever the manga, her favourite character is Roy and im really feeling she is missing out A LOT. Tsk I knew when I heard about the new series last year, I had a little voice in the back of my skull saying it was too good to be true that a 'faithful' fma adaptation would come along, and guess what the cynical, depressing little voice was correct, because they are screwing it up AGAIN _

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jul 25 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #317

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jul 25 2009, 01:40 PM) *
Well whats really pissing me off, is that my friend is insisting on watching brotherhood before/if ever the manga, her favourite character is Roy and im really feeling she is missing out A LOT.

Jeeez! Tell your friend that if she's a true fan of Mustang, that she needs to read the manga because he's got a huge role in it! I think any fan would appreciate his many appearances, and how complex a character he proves to be in the manga! Reading the manga is what made me into such a big Roy fan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 25 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #318

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

same, I love Roy now, in anime 1 I really didnt care for him that much, and I have, I haaaaaaaaaaave! XD like a lot, lol tsk she sais she 'might' read it but that she don't want it to ruin Brotherhood for her _ im like gaaaaaaaaaaaah, its the other way around dammit, lulz theres no way she will read it before she sees the mustang and maria thing though which sucks T_T the epicness will be spoilerfied

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 26 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #319

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

http://www.hagaren.jp/about/story01.html#story08

Tombow
, Ep 18 summary is up smile.gif

Even though they left the Elizabeth call... I'm a bit fearful about the Riza vs. Gluttony fight... I mean... Episode 18 will have the whole Maria revelation, and Ed in the Xerxes ruins... 19 and 20 will probably include that and the Lust vs Roy thing... at least I hope so.

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 18 2009, 02:31 AM) *
I don't know for sure. In the manga, Roy finds out about homonculi in volume 10 after Riza fights Gluttony, and nearly runs over Barry XD But it says he'll find out about the existance of homonculi next week...and the Gluttony battle wasn't shown in the preview, so...they're probably changing the course of events around completely if they're not cutting it (though I don't know why they'd bother. Everyone likes the manga the way it is. Isn't that the reason why they're making another anime?)

Mmmh... found this post and thought... well, Roy still doesn't know about the Homunculii so... that scene will probably be in, but not in the chronology we're aware of...

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Jul 26 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #320

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 26 2009, 06:43 AM) *
Even though they left the Elizabeth call... I'm a bit fearful about the Riza vs. Gluttony fight... I mean... Episode 18 will have the whole Maria revelation, and Ed in the Xerxes ruins... 19 and 20 will probably include that and the Lust vs Roy thing... at least I hope so.

I don't think you have to worry too much. I think episode 18 will cover chapter 40, the rest of 37 and only HALF of 41, not any of the stuff with the people of Ishval. The Ross stuff will probably be snipped down a bit too so I think they'll have plenty of room to cover all the rest of chapter 37.

19 is definitely going to cover up until Lust's death I'm sure but it'll only be chapters 38 and 39. It's still faster pacing than I'd like for the most important scenes so far and things WILL be cut but it could be a lot worse I guess.

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Jul 26 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #321

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

The revelation of maria ross won't take very long - it's pretty much all dialogue which takes up pages and pages in the manga but goes fast when it's animated.

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Jul 27 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #322

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

^Um actually that's kind of the opposite of the truth. Dialogue scenes take up the most animation time as what can be covered in a tiny panel in the manga has to take a good amount of animation time with a person slowly talking.

That's why you have so much omitted dialogue so far in the series (random sentences trimmed from conversations all the time) and yet the majority of the action is left intact. What can take 5-6 pages can only be a few seconds of animated action. On the other hand 5-6 pages of dialogue can end up taking 5 minutes of time.

+Quote Post
RoytheFlameAlche...
post Jul 27 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #323

Citizen

Member No.: 30,518

Looking at the preview scenes of next episode (episode 18) at the end of episode 17, is it Breda next to Roy while he is on the phone? shouldnt he be receiving Ed and Armstrong? Dont tell me they changed that too dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 27 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #324

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (RoytheFlameAlchemist @ Jul 27 2009, 09:22 PM) *
Looking at the scenes of next episode is it Breda next to Roy while he is on the phone? shouldnt he be receiving Ed and Armstrong? Dont tell me they changed that too dry.gif

No, because that's a flashback to when Roy was talking on the phone with Barry and planning Maria's escape. So they didn't really change anything.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jul 28 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #325

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Jul 22 2009, 12:47 PM) *
I'm sort of holding a weak hope that BONES is still rushing because they want to amaze everybody with the Lust vs. Roy fight. Either that, or they're rushing because the Lust vs. Roy fight is one of Arakawa's favorites, and they want to make up for how they rearranged and cut out so many parts.

Sadly I don't think they're really aiming to make that anything "groundbreaking", probably just going to make it "good". The pacing suggests episode 19 will still cover AT LEAST 2 chapters and that means material WILL be cut, so even those scenes will be condensed.

That would be really sad since Arakawa said she wished the scene had been longer and was hoping it would be in the anime. Maybe they'll cut out some of her stuff and put their new stuff in, thinking that'd make her happy tongue.gif *cough*they'd better not*cough*

17 was better, but this whole switching around the scenes thing hasn't been working at all. It wasn't terrible, but it really lacked what made it so strong in the manga. Ed acted the way with the newspaper because he didn't know Hughes was dead, I mean it was OK, but still. And now we're finding out Ross is alive next week. It was months before we knew that with the manga. Now it's only seven days >_<

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 31 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #326

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 26 2009, 09:43 AM) *

Thank you, amestris_star!! biggrin.gif

Preview of the next episode (episode18) from FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site, as reported by amestris_star above.

(Translation by Tombow, the episode title is from official sub on Funimation.com)

Episode 18: "The Arrogant Palm of a Small Human"

Ed is ordered by Roy to return to Resembool with Armstrong. But, as soon as they arrive at Resembool they are met by Breda who tells them that they are secretly leaving to visit the ruin of the legendary capital of Xerxes. After crossing the vast desert they finally reach the ruin where Fu was waiting for them. Fu guides them deep in the ruin where they meet with another unexpected person.....

This episode will air in Japan on Sunday, Aug. 2, 2009

--------------------

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Aug 1 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #327

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,553

i guess we need to accept the fact that they rearrange the sequence.i guess the cover v10 and last parts of volume 9.for this ep,i hope they end just like the last chapter in vol9 ie riza meets gluttony.
for ep 19 i hope that it ends with roy try to snatch philosopher but suddenly lust grabs it back-when lust appears to be dead.just a small hope.
but why they name this chapter "The Arrogant Palm of a Small Human"?

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 1 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #328

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Aug 1 2009, 10:28 PM) *
but why they name this chapter "The Arrogant Palm of a Small Human"?

@thunderbreak - I know that the initially reported title for chapter 18 was "the pledge of the common man," and I believe that was based on what was released from Viz to Japanese anime magazines, but when the official preview came out on the Story page of FMA:B's official JP site, this chapter is titled as 「小さな人間の傲慢な掌」which, incidentally, is exactly the same title with the chapter title of chapter 41 of FMA manga. Then, Funimation.com translated that as "the Arrogant Palm of a Small Human" for the preview of this episode. That's basically a straight literal translation, IMO. smile.gif
Chapter 41 of FMA manga is the chapter with mostly the same story with the one in this episode, of Ed going to the Xerxes, so maybe they thought this is an appropriate title? ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elemental/Alchem...
post Aug 1 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #329

Apprentice

Member No.: 28,136

I think it'd be cool to mention the intricacy and detail that Bones put into every frame - despite our small complaints about missing scenes, and future time lines coinciding properly, and funny scenes etc..

coming up in a future episode (i'm gonna assume the next 2 episodes) should be the talk between Mustang and Dr. Knox in which Knox chides Mustang for his burnt doll trick (about how he screwed up the limb placement)
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/42/26/
and Mustang, as you can see on the page i linked and the next page, mentions his plan to have Knox do the Autopsy b/c there was a fire that day, as reported in the paper (an image of a fire is seen on the back of the paper Barry The Chopper cuts when he sees Ross in prison, i forgot the chapter)

Well...
it just so happens that Bones made sure to have legible papers within their show
in last week's episode, 17, one can see the following ->

Attached File  Picture_2_fma.png ( 225.13K ) Number of downloads: 57

note the fire story!!

Can we assume future episodes will contain such intricacy? i damn well hope so
cheers happy.gif

--------------------
Roy's partner in arms - Maes Hughes:
IPB Image

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Aug 2 2009, 03:15 AM
Post #330

Member No.: 67,594

Tombow, Ep. 19 summary is up:
http://www.hagaren.jp/about/story01.html#story09

(And it should be made of EPIC)

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 05:36 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css