Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood Japanese Voice Cast Discussion Thread
Forsaken Love
post Jun 18 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,408

I really love Envy's voice, I heard it and for me it was perfect! I told my friend that and she agreed 100% when she came over to watch. She didn't like Gluttoney's voice, I'm not to keen on it either but I can't really think why, it doesn't bother me to much though. I love Lust's voice. I think Romi Paku has made Ed sound more grown up this seires, compare it to the begining of the first anime, I think his voice sounds a lot deeper, well anyway I love Ed and Al's voices they're great, and I like the more adulty tone to Ed's (if im not imagining things) happy.gif Riza I thought was a bit 'generic high pitched female voice' but im getting used to it, I think the same of winry too which is a bit grrr but her character is coming over much better than in anime 1 so i dont care much. I can't wait to hear what Ling sounds like

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 18 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

I can't wait to hear Lings voice either. I wonder if they're going to keep the Chinese accent... I wonder what a Chinese accent SOUNDS like in Japanese.... :/

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 18 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #48

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 18 2009, 04:53 PM) *
I can't wait to hear Lings voice either. I wonder if they're going to keep the Chinese accent... I wonder what a Chinese accent SOUNDS like in Japanese.... :/

@Hagaren_4ever - In manga chapters, characters from Xing use certain way of syntax, or with certain extra phonetic note at the end of their sentences. And, I'm guessing that's probably how they speak, rather than with different accent. smile.gif
I'm also looking forward to find out how Lin will sound in anime. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 18 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I'm more interested in hearing what Father, Hohenheim, and Olivia Armstrong will sound like.

I wonder if Father and Hohenheim will have the same VA. I hope Masashi Ebara returns as Hohenheim.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 19 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #50

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 18 2009, 10:54 PM) *
I'm more interested in hearing what Father, Hohenheim, and Olivia Armstrong will sound like.

I wonder if Father and Hohenheim will have the same VA. I hope Masashi Ebara returns as Hohenheim.

Thats an interesting point, I imagined them to have different voices when I read, I think they should be different (allthough similar) because they are seperate characters, in the same way I personally think that Greed and Ling should have different voices. I dunno I imagined Father to have a harsher, perhaps deeper more old guy voice than Honenhime

--------------------

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jun 24 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #51

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,553

hmm.. I viewed ep1-12, so:

For start, I viewed some random episodes of the first series, and I think Ed 's VA have improved from the first series.

Hawkeye
- I know she is Rukia's VA in Bleach, and I was hoping she'll sound more like that...
at first I thoght she's to girly.
I was thinking she's too girlish, until ep4, in which she sounds REALLY like Rukia (like in the scene she asks Ichigo to stand back), when she kicks Roy down, and in ep 10 which I think is an improvement for her.

Roy
Although I originally imagined Roy have a lighter voice, I got used to the former seiyuu ie e Toru Okawa . At first I thought Toru Okawa sounded too deep as Roy, and then i got used to, and I got a bit of pissed off again when they announce a new VA, but still, the new VA is one of the VA I like in Bleach (along with Rukia, etc.)
I think he sounds all right, and I am getting used to his voice being Roy.
There's a previous comment about Urahara. I don't really think about Urahara and Roy being the same VA, they sounds different to me. Urahara got a really carefree voice (except when he's serious,) but he does well in latter episodes, especially ep 10. I am looking forward to his speech to move his subordinates to central.

Al & Winry
For Al, I think he sounds great, and Winry - she pulls off mostly, except I think her voice is a bit too high for me, for a few scenes.

I am interested in Olivia Armstrong's VA, and the scene where Mei ling and Lan Fan fight. I wonder how they'll sound like.

@forsaken love - I agree Greed and Ling should have similar voice - at least spoke in the same manner. I would like to see there's a contrast in Ling's voice before and after Greed entered into his body.

ETA: July 1, 2009
Yuko Sanpei as Selim Bradley's seiyuu.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...le.php?id=22150

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 1 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they changed the voice actor for Selim Bradley, seeing as he'll have a much larger role in this series than in the last. They even got the voice of Renton Thurston from Eureka Seven.

I suppose we'll be hearing it soon, with the appearance Selim has when Fuhrer King Bradley returns home from Father's lair.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jul 4 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #53

Apprentice

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jul 2 2009, 07:59 AM) *
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they changed the voice actor for Selim Bradley, seeing as he'll have a much larger role in this series than in the last. They even got the voice of Renton Thurston from Eureka Seven.

I suppose we'll be hearing it soon, with the appearance Selim has when Fuhrer King Bradley returns home from Father's lair.

I thought they will release ran fan ,mei's seiyuu but i forgot selim will make an appearance this ep maybe.
i am not that familiar with her role in eureka seven.i hope she can cover the depth as selim .any sound links which i can hear how her voice sounds like?

ETA: July 6, 2009
I haven't finish watching episode 14 yet, where we hear Father's voice first time, but i think father's voiceis voiced by whoever who voice honeiheim.btw he's voiced by Iemasa Kayumi. anyway i did not recognize that he's the one who voice the previews.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 6 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Major)

i don't like fathers voice *sob sob* i liked selim though he was...cute XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 6 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Jul 5 2009, 11:48 PM) *
I havent finish watching yet,but i think father's voice
is voiced by whoever who voice honeiheim.btw he's voiced by Iemasa Kayumi .

Oh... So Hoho and Daddy-o will have the same VA? Logically it makes sense of course, seeing as [spoiler for those who haven't reached chapter 74 (?) yet, even though you should have been able to figure this out on your own] Daddy-o's body is a replica of Hohenheims. Just hope this Iemasa guy is good a performer enough to make the voices differ; however much you'd think that this voice doesn't suit Father, if he would be to use that exact same voice for Hohenheim, it'd be a disaster. He better make him sound different, and a lot less old-ish. But yet, despite all that I just said, you should still be able to hear just a tiny hint of resemblance...

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jul 6 2009, 01:11 AM) *
I have to congratulate Yuuichi Nakamura's performance, though. He really was an excellent Greed, even matching Junichi Suwabe at times.

A(greed!) on that one. Too bad he only got two eps of screentime sad.gif

Father's voice sounded a tad feeble and wavery, when I expected it to be a little more deep and dry. He is voiced by Iemasa Kayumi, who played Chief Chujo in the Giant Robo OVA, so I know he's capble of good work. I'll keep listening to see if he meets my expectations this time around.

Good to hear he isn't just a curious old guy they hired due to budget issues. I do suppose I'll get used to his voice eventually, it's not like you can complain on a bad performance or anything. I just didn't feel that creepiness I so much associate with Father.

But this could mean, if Hohenheim's voice turns out to sound exactly like Father's, that my creepy theory about Father Creep being the one creep-narrating the events of the brother's lives is most likely wrong. It'd be more family freindly, with the absence of all the scary creepiness that is Father, to have the brother's genuine dad be the narrator.

EDIT: Crap, the quoting got all messed up. That comment in the middle of my quote of penguintruth's post was obviosly made by me...

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 6 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #56

State Alchemist (Major)

Hohenheim (in the first series) = Masashi Ebara (Professor Go in Giant Robo, Might Guy in Naruto)
Father = Iemasa Kayumi (Chief Chujo in Giant Robo, The Puppet Master in Ghost in the Shell)

Not the same voice, unless they plan to give Hohenheim to Kayumi, too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 7 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #57

@penguintruth

Perhaps I misinterpreted, but (from what thunderbreak said) I understood it like Hohenheim, in the 2:nd series, is voiced by Iemasa Kayumi, and that he would also be the one voicing Father.

I know that information isn't something to rely on though, since we haven't actually heard Hohenheim's voice yet. But I do recall seeing an official list of all the VA's for this series somewhere, so I thought he might have gotten that info from a similiar, official source.

Unless, as said, I might just have misinterpreted thunderbreak's comment completely, if he did, in fact, mean the exact opposite: that Hoho will be voiced by Father's VA.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jul 7 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #58

Apprentice

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Jul 7 2009, 03:03 PM) *

@penguintruth

Perhaps I misinterpreted, but (from what thunderbreak said) I understood it like Hohenheim, in the 2:nd series, is voiced by Iemasa Kayumi, and that he would also be the one voicing Father.

I know that information isn't something to rely on though, since we haven't actually heard Hohenheim's voice yet. But I do recall seeing an official list of all the VA's for this series somewhere, so I thought he might have gotten that info from a similiar, official source.

Unless, as said, I might just have misinterpreted thunderbreak's comment completely, if he did, in fact, mean the exact opposite: that Hoho will be voiced by Father's VA.

oh no ,actually i mistype-i was wondering why it would cause something like this(for me it's weird) and then i highlight my own words:it's really my mistake.what i mean is it's my theory on why father does not represent what we thinks he should sounds like.sad.gif or why father voice is so strange.that 's only a THEORY.
sorry again for my mistake.
and the cast list (i think) is most accurate is in anime news network.
I am sorry for making such a fiasco here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jul 7 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 3,267

Some more casting announcements from the latest magazines in Japan

I dxon't have the magazine scans but I for this from Anime Suki. Duckroll's information is always accurate.

Ling Yao - Mamoru Miyano
Lan Fan - Nana Mizuki (same seiyuu who voiced Wrath in the 1st FMA series)
Fu - Katsunosuke Hori
May Chang - Mai Goto

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 7 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #60

I am sorry for making such a fiasco here.

Hold on. Fiasco? It's not like you caused the end of the world or anything laugh.gif . Actually, if anyone should be accused of 'causing' anything it should be me, for making such a fuzz about it. But I can't help it, I get excited when it comes to FMA. Also, my english skills aren't that good, so I probably didn't follow in the context correctly.

What I'm trying to say here is that there is absolutely no need to apoligize, gosh, I don't even know where you got that idea from. Besides - there's nothing wrong with starting a discussion, right? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 03:49 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css