FMA: Brotherhood Japanese Voice Cast Discussion Thread
Rannika03
post Apr 10 2009, 02:26 AM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,091

Glad Romi Paku does Ed's voice biggrin.gif
I checked out Shinichiro Miki (Mustang's voice) .I was like OMG. He is Urahara Kisuke from Bleach.
And as for Riza Hawkeye's VA -> Fumiko Orikasa. Kuchiki Rukia from Bleach.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mercy_Alchemist9...
post Apr 10 2009, 02:49 AM
Post #32

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,008

I feel a bit out of place with this. The only voices I heard of the original Japanese series was the ones in the movie, and I don't know Japanese actors, I barely know any English ones!
However, basing on what little knowledge I have on this I say that the new voices (only one I really noticed) are really good. (But don't hold me to this, like I said, I don't know much about this.)

For the most part the quirts I found I noticed after reading comments in here . . . Like Armstrong screaming for the most part of the episode. As I was watching it seemed natural but looking back on it I can see it as a fault. Armstrong is more of a proud, sing-songy show off rather than an angry, screaming show off. However, I did a double take when I heard Riza's voice. It sounded too gentle for me. (I know Riza has gentle moments, but in that scene she seemed to be more frustrated or calm than anything else.) Also jumped a little when I heard Roy's voice, but I got over it nearly instantly.

--------------------
We interrupt this signature for an important question:

If it is not approved allowed to post on a thread that has long since died been "resting" for a while, and each member is allowed to open only one his/her own "art collection" thread for posting his/her artwork in fanart forum, then does that mean I can not post my artworks again on my old art thread?
(No, I'm not looking for "Post it in 'The Beauty of Your own Artwork'" as an answer, thank you!)

<Answer: Yes, of course!! Hope to see many more of your artworks!! :) ~ Board Staff>

Off to Michigan! Be back soon!

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 12 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #33

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

After second episode and hearing something more from Riza than only three lines I can say, I like her voice now^^ I think she doesn't sound too young/girlish or so. For me it's just right.

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 12 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 12 2009, 10:38 AM) *
After second episode and hearing something more from Riza than only three lines I can say, I like her voice now^^ I think she doesn't sound too young/girlish or so. For me it's just right.

Yup, same here. I like both Riza's and Roy's voice... I'm becoming more accustomed to them (actually I haven't seen the first series anyway soooo... and the eps I saw were in the english dub tongue.gif)

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Trizo
post Apr 13 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 67,937

When I first heard Roy's voice my first instinct was nooo how could you change him! However, after I got over the shock I decided I really... really liked it. I think it suited how I imagined his voice in my head, in a totally insane way.

Fuery as Gluttony.. ahha that makes me laugh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 9 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (AA battery @ Jun 9 2009, 04:16 PM) *
*still secretly hopes that Kugimiya Rie will dub Mei's voice*

That would be pretty funny laugh.gif Is there any news on Ling's and Mei's voice actors yet?

<This post was moved from FMA:B Sound tranck, Op/Ed discussion thread. ~ Tombow>

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Demonic Rosebush
post Jun 10 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 63,440

The whole casting of Greed made me think of something.

Greedling. Is Yuuichi NAKAMURA gonna voice Greedling as well, or is the Ling!VA gonna use a Greedish voice, or is he gonna voice both Greed AND Ling? (Which would make the Ling/Spirit!Greed conversation rather... interesting. XD) So yeah... what do you think would be the best thing to do?

But I still hope they will cast the guy who did the voice of Vash the Stampede for Ling. XD

(Sorry for the spoiler overload, I wasn't sure what to put behind the tags.)

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 10 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I'm going to miss Junichi Suwabe as Greed. He was one of the strongest performances of the first FMA's cast, and brought a real jaunty, but smooth quality to Greed.

Yuuichi Nakamura was Graham Acre in Gundam 00, and it looks like they're just going to get anyone who's been in that show or Code Geass for this series. Still, I'll have to give him a chance.

I'm glad that Shoko Tsuda is returning as Izumi. She was really good in the first series, and I look foward to hearing her booming yells just as much in this one (though her role will be somewhat diminished). Sig's VA will be the same, too.

I'm also constantly surprised by the voices that returned for the new series. I could have sworn Shou Tucker sounded different this time around, but it was the same guy! Basque Grand, Pinako Rockbell, and Trisha Elric (though, she had one line), were also the same voice talent as they had in the first series. Gracia and Nina Hughes were both different, though.

Shinichiro Miki sounds more like Toru Okawa with every new episode. I'm really satisfied with his performance now.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 10 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

I quite honestly have had no trouble getting used to the new voices. My favorites from the original cast were Ed and Roy and we got one of them back and Miki is a fine replacement for Roy. As long as the performances are good that is all I care about. After all they are all interpretations nothing says a character has to sound a certain way.

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Jun 10 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

Overall the VAs are alright, the best actors (Paku Romi, Kugimiya Rie etc.) are in this series too so I'm not gonna start angsting anytime soon^^

About Roy: My only Urahara-vibes came in the first episode. I just kept giggling every time Roy was on-screen but since then the Urahara-ness has disappeared (or maybe I'm just ignoring it...).

Another character that makes me fall from my chair laughing is Envy (Takayama Minami). I just keep hearing Conan, who is, you know, a good guy, a smart-[All hail lord Xenu] and a (outwardly) little kid. I can't take Envy's character seriously in FMA:B; too much hyperventilating because of the seiyuu choice.

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 10 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #41

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

I'm enjoying all of voices, both new and old, as it's interesting to hear them perform a different take on an already familiar scene.

Regarding Romi and Rie, I think their performances in Brotherhood are much stronger than compared to first series (in which they were terrific already) as I can not only hear the emotion, but feel it as well.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 10 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 68,640

@ Demonic Rosebush: Huh, that's a very interesting point. I never thought about that problem. I'm guessing Greedling will be voiced by Greed, since he's technically taken over Ling's body, so he should have control over everything.

Anyway, about all the other voices, I'm pretty satisfied. At the beginning Riza was a little girly, like most people mentioned, but after 10 episodes I'm getting used to it. I never had a problem with Mustang's new VA though. I'm so glad that Ed and Al have the same VA's smile.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 10 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Reta McClain @ Jun 10 2009, 05:19 PM) *
Another character that makes me fall from my chair laughing is Envy (Takayama Minami). I just keep hearing Conan, who is, you know, a good guy, a smart-[All hail lord Xenu] and a (outwardly) little kid. I can't take Envy's character seriously in FMA:B; too much hyperventilating because of the seiyuu choice.

You may be thinking Conan and laughing, but I'm thinking Dilandau and shivering.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 10 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

I honestly don't associate any of the voices with other roles because I've already seen most of them do several roles at this point. But when I heard Takayama Minami was doing Envy I thought she would be perfect because of her role as Dilandau and she's been excellent so far.

Actually Miki was in Escaflowne too since he played Allen. Maybe they can get Maaya Sakamoto & Tomokazu Seki and have an Escaflowne reuinion. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 10 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 10 2009, 06:12 PM) *
Actually Miki was in Escaflowne too since he played Allen. Maybe they can get Maaya Sakamoto & Tomokazu Seki and have an Escaflowne reuinion. laugh.gif

When they get to Roy vs Envy, it'll be Allen vs Dilandau again!

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 06:09 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css