HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood Opening Theme Vid Discussion Thread, including visual, and sound
kkg22104
post Oct 11 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #91

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,640

The new song is catchy, it got stuck in my head after a few times XD

Animation was well done too, I especially liked the parts with Ishbal and Briggs. happy.gif

Spoilers again, stuff like Pride attacking Al and the guys in the tunnel, and Greedling.

Overall I like it, but it's still not as good as Again.

EDIT: Oh, and something else weird. Why was Ed trying to fight his way out of Envy's mouth? At first I thought it was the gate with the little black hands, but there was teeth and the soul-people. o_O

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post Oct 11 2009, 06:29 AM
Post #92

Alchemists

Member No.: 68,172

I just realised, Winry isn't in the opening, at all! That's the first time in the FMA history, no?

I saw teeth too, kkg, but why? I don't know...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andie
post Oct 11 2009, 06:32 AM
Post #93

Citizen

Member No.: 49,343

Even if I don't really like the song (though it appears that the lyrics are quite nice and fitting), I really love this OP for one reason.

It features my two OTPs. Olivia x Tank and Kimblee x Pimp Suit.

Hell yeah!

(although why did they show Al vs Pride? That doesn't happen until the Briggs arc is finished...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 11 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #94

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

i changed my mind about the song, tis pretty catchy i like it, again is still my fav by far but this is still a really good opening,

alvspride ftw although tis a little early...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Oct 11 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #95

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (Andie @ Oct 11 2009, 06:32 AM) *
Even if I don't really like the song (though it appears that the lyrics are quite nice and fitting), I really love this OP for one reason.

It features my two OTPs. Olivia x Tank and Kimblee x Pimp Suit.

Hell yeah!

(although why did they show Al vs Pride? That doesn't happen until the Briggs arc is finished...)

Actually after watching a few times I dont think it is Al fighting Pride anymore, those things he's dodging look a bit different from Pride, I think maybe it's supposed to represent him being dragged back to his soul, hence the white arms grabbing him... that would also make sense as it is the main thing that Al's concerned with from this point on

Also I think those teeth are supposed to be Envy and that it's Ed being swallowed by Envy. You can see bits of green either side of the mouth.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
S.F. Thunder
post Oct 11 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #96

Citizen

Member No.: 71,177

This opening won me over with the massive amounts of Kimbley in it. *_* -shot-

Volume 15 was my absolute favourite part of the series, so I'm rather happy they focused on the war a lot in this opening. I love how they did it, too; from Kimbley looking downright sadistic to Roy looking horrified and then appearing within the flames. <3

As for the Briggs characters, whoa. They never really grew on me in the manga, but I think I'm really going to love them this time around. I don't think the still frames of a manga really did them justice; in animation they are so amazingly badass- thus far. That's the impression I got from their bit.

And oh the foreshadowing~ Especially that bit in the beginning with the group of homunculi. I squeed. Another thing I liked was the one shot of Ed floating and human!Al in the background. It was short, but it stuck out to me a lot.

All in all, I am very much in love with this. I definitely love it more than the last one, and I'm still debating on whether or not I liked Again better. This is really making me wonder how amazing the fourth opening will be~ <3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Oct 11 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #97

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

Olivier is so badass in the OP...Gosh..
I really like it but not as much as I love the first OP...
and Ling in the side of the homunculus made it perfect. haha
Again, it was full of spoilers but I like it xP

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 11 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #98

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

oh yeh the part with ed floating with human!al in the background was <3 it was my favourite image from the opening xD I've no clue why but it really stuck out, when i first saw it i assumed that both images were ed though XD and then on my 2nd watch i was like ehhhh ed's lookin very anorexic there must be al XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Oct 11 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #99

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

LOL...yeah I rewatched it and found that scene really catchy xP
thanks for informing..it made me love the OP more^^

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Oct 11 2009, 08:11 AM
Post #100

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

I really am liking the OP!

I love all the scenes will Ishbal and Olivier. biggrin.gif

Unlike the ED, I'm loving the fact we get to see this for a while. biggrin.gif

My favorite OP is probably Again, but I'm having trouble choosing between this one and Hologram for my second favorite...

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Oct 11 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #101

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

I couldn't help, but interpret opening more deeply than just as a chronology of events present in future manga chapters. I want to share my observations and I apologize for overinterpretating, because I know I will go too far more than once. Lets start. Oh, I would also like to credit Csakuras, because I will using her lyrics and translation for Golden Time Lover. Hope you are not mad for this, Csakuras!

First, we see Ed lying on a grass full of flowers. The lyrics go:

集中できていないな まだ体が迷っているんだ
I can't concentrate, my body is still hesitating

Obviously, the first thought may be, Ed is full of angst and decide to look at his automail, his disability for a while and recall the past. He is hesistating, because he doesn't know whether the promise he made with Al may be fulfilled. He doesn't care that he is middle in the storm, maybe as he said in episode 5, he thinks that the rain will help him concentrate when opposite is happening.

But. I couldn't help, but think that the storm and the stretched automail hand may have more literall meaning - what if he thinks of suicide? His eyes are on the sky, looking for a lighting to end his mere life, to not suffer anymore, but he is hesistating, because how much he would like to do it, he cannot stop thinking about Al (who told him own opinion about sacrificing oneself)

(I will save a post few times, because my computer may turn off if it heats too much)

Sorry for gramatical errors. D:

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Oct 11 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #102

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 11 2009, 08:30 AM) *
But. I couldn't help, but think that the storm and the stretched automail hand may have more literall meaning - what if he thinks of suicide? His eyes are on the sky, looking for a lighting to end his mere life, to not suffer anymore, but he is hesistating, because how much he would like to do it, he cannot stop thinking about Al (who told him own opinion about sacrificing oneself)

This.
One of the main things about Ed and Al's relationship was how Ed would probably kill himself if it meant saving Al, but Al would never approve of that. But I wonder if Ed actually thinks of killing himself because he's so guilty. Then I guess in the OP he gets angry for considering suicide and crushes the flowers.
And at the end of the OP he saves that last flower, maybe to preserve the hope that he can save Al.

Anyways, this OP is a FANGASM. My favorite one, hands down. Not a better song than Again, but I like the pretty pictures in this. I sort of fell in love with it right from the start with Ed in the flowers.
And the whole thing with Greeling in the OP, I hardly even noticed it, I'm guessing with so much pimptastic Kimbley, people will figure it's him that is a homunculus.

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Oct 11 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #103

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Music is better than the second opening but still doesn't seem very good to me.
And the animation and actual depictions are equally dodgy. The Gate hands drawn very differently too. Bizarre.

Sigh, and the original opening was SO good. Layered storyline stuff, meaningful images and a song that's actually good. (even with the curious fighting and nonsensical arm throw at the end!)

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Oct 11 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #104

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

I think as far as music goes Again was my favorite. But I really love the animation sequence for all 3 openings. They really get me excited for the episode.

That is why I think they should have waited a week to reveal this new opening because the content of the episode is not exciting at all (and they have a pretty major spoiler in the opening about Ling).

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Oct 11 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #105

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (Kirara @ Oct 11 2009, 02:57 PM) *
I think as far as music goes Again was my favorite. But I really love the animation sequence for all 3 openings. They really get me excited for the episode.

That is why I think they should have waited a week to reveal this new opening because the content of the episode is not exciting at all (and they have a pretty major spoiler in the opening about Ling).

I completely agree on both accounts. Again was definitely my favorite song choice, but all three in regards to animation are good.

The new opening was really the most exciting thing about this episode, and they totally spoiled the next episode with Greeling. You would think that they could have waited until next week.

I especially love that Olivia (is it Olivia or Olivier?) has such an awesome part in this Opening. She's one of my favorite characters and this just makes me even more excited than ever to see her in action and animated! Also..... ISHVAL!!!! So much of it in this opening! I can't wait for that whole arc (even if it's only going to be one episode... sad.gif) I'm not such a big Kimblee fan, but for some reason I was happy to see him in the OP.... Weird, huh?

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 06:32 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css