HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood Opening Theme Vid Discussion Thread, including visual, and sound
Trakonda
post Apr 7 2009, 01:26 AM
Post #31

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,583

Yay, I shall join the club and scream how amazing this new OP is ~

Seriously, none of the openings from original FMA were this awesome, in my opinion. The animation is so smooth, I love the part where everyone stands in a wind and how Ed and Hohenheim move their hands towards the camera, Edward adding some alchemy style to it. :3 That was so.. artistic! *can't find a better way to describe*

And the lip syncing parts.. just amazing. :3

The only thing that bothered me a bit was the battle scene with Ed and Gluttony in the stone bridge-thing. The animation was kind of weird on that one. o.o But heck, amazing OP anyway!

*has the full song in her iPod*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Apr 7 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,068

Hehe, jumping on the "amazing OP!" bandwagon as well XD.

Loved it, it was truly a treat to watch and most definitely my favorite opening happy.gif

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 6 2009, 04:52 AM) *
as if it's telling us the story, like, Hohenheim meets young Trisha, and along comes Ed... then Ed does the same movement as Hohenheim did at the beginning for his Alchemy.. nice!! ^^

Tombow-san, i love this aspect of the opening. Most opening don't usually tell us the story so it was so exciting to see it! To see young Hohenheim was great! ( You know at first, In the manga i first thought he was Ed XD) and Trisha looks so pretty.

I just loved seeing Chibi Ed, Al and Winry.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc298/d...therhood01_.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc298/d...otherhood-1.jpg

They were so adorable!

and Ed and Hoho raising their hands was simple yet beautiful. I kinda hold my breath when they do it XD.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc298/d...otherhood-3.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc298/d...otherhood-2.jpg

and the most interesting of the OP would have the be the homunculus XD What a way a fascinating way to introduce them in the OP XD
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc298/d...90405052313.jpg
It's a little creepy but it goes by so fast i don't really notice XD.

I love the song too! It's on my Ipod too and it's the first song i play once I'm out the door XD.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Apr 7 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #33

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

Recently looked through some other BONES OPs, and I gotta say, this one is my favorite. Much cleaner than the others.

Though, it's too bad there's not a sign of the Xingians yet...

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Apr 7 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

This really was a kick butt OP.

My favorite parts are the Homunculi intro (especially Lust's sexy little smirk...I love Lust) and Armstrong yelling (even without sound, that man is hilariously awesome).

As other have said, the storytelling aspect of the first half of the AMV is really great. The segment from Riza's lipsynching of : "A sin does not end with tears" until Roy's finger snapping is epic - that guitar riff set to those images gives me chills every time.

Without hesitation my favorite FMA opening!

+Quote Post
SonPan
post Apr 7 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 27,436

I thought this OP was really amazing... THe beginning (the story telling of Hoho then the kids) and then the part where Roy and Hughes were back to back and the segment all the way till almost the end was just amazing! How it went with the music and lyrics just gave me chills srsly... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
spectator
post Apr 7 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

One word -- perfect!

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Apr 7 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,299

I like the first Episode, It had Action in it as I hoped it did.
Opening I liked.
Ending I liked.
I love how it still has the short jokes for Ed, Makes me laugh still.
I Love FMA Brotherhood.

--------------------

+Quote Post
temmy
post Apr 7 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 67,699

Absolutely adored the opening. It had me from the start with Young Hohenheim and his hands. And then again right when the house burns and the heavy music starts; the flapping cloth amazed me animation-wise there, and there was that hint of nostalgia. I loved the part with Ed on the windy plain. Something about his hair and his expression . . . and his hands.

Mostly, though, I like the hand motions, really. They're so natural.

This one ranks right alongside the third OP (Cool Joke, anyone?) as my favorite. Loved the nostalgia in that one too. I just like nostalgia in general. The entire 'let's-stick-in-childhood-images' always gets me.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Apr 8 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Yeah, that's the nostalgia, that has been the strongest feeling I watched this opening. Hoho and Ed with the same gesture make me melt inside xd

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Apr 8 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

QUOTE (His Name is Unknown @ Apr 7 2009, 09:25 AM) *
As other have said, the storytelling aspect of the first half of the AMV is really great. The segment from Riza's lipsynching of : "A sin does not end with tears" until Roy's finger snapping is epic - that guitar riff set to those images gives me chills every time.

Without hesitation my favorite FMA opening!

QUOTE (temmy @ Apr 7 2009, 10:45 PM) *
Absolutely adored the opening. It had me from the start with Young Hohenheim and his hands. And then again right when the house burns and the heavy music starts; the flapping cloth amazed me animation-wise there, and there was that hint of nostalgia. I loved the part with Ed on the windy plain. Something about his hair and his expression . . . and his hands.

This one ranks right alongside the third OP (Cool Joke, anyone?) as my favorite. Loved the nostalgia in that one too. I just like nostalgia in general. The entire 'let's-stick-in-childhood-images' always gets me.

At first I thought this so isn't a FMA opening, mostly coz I'm used to heroic, melodic and melanholic ones like Melissa or Rewrite but after rewatching it, I fell in love. I so adore the lyrics, it matches FMA perfectly! I so love it when Yui starts singing in a more quiet mode when they show young Ed, Al & Winry and then she raises her voice.. it really makes a good contrast! <3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post Apr 8 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #41

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

QUOTE (temmy @ Apr 8 2009, 07:45 AM) *

Exactly! The hand motions! I can't help but love the 'Ed in windy plain' - part. :3

And all the nostalgia with childhood memories always hits me, too.

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Apr 26 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

It's pretty damn good.

I didn't like the song at first, but I've gotten used to it and kind of like it now. TELL NO ONE!

I kind of cannot stand anime clichés and conventions and tropes and whatnot...Especially three minute opening sequences featuring a lot of the characters and some non-canon fight scenes to the sound of dodgy J-pop.
But despite the curious ridiculous mandatory fight scene, the opening somehow has a certain level of emotion for me. Like it's not just "Look! Characters!" everything has a sort of history and meaning to it. I dunno. It's hard to explain.
Well, look at the reaction to the young Hohenheim.

Meh. Maybe it's just 'cause FMA has well written characters I'm attached to and not just cardboard cutouts like a lot of other anime.

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Jul 12 2009, 03:58 AM
Post #43

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

The opening on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBM6Yh9Cbgo (works in Europe at least)

I have to admit I don't like the song, I really don't. Doesn't sound bad, but doesn't seem to fit together with the visual part... well, maybe that will get better as soon as I know the words.
I like the animation with two exceptions - horribly blue sky and similarity with Ready Steady Go opening.
But the overall feeling is good XD

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 12 2009, 05:32 AM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

I must admit, the music is 'normal' but the animation is awesome, with a LOT of foreshadowing on future events...
Lust vs. Roy. Oh God it's coming.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 12 2009, 06:20 AM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 12 2009, 08:32 AM) *
I must admit, the music is 'normal' but the animation is awesome, with a LOT of foreshadowing on future events...
Lust vs. Roy. Oh God it's coming.

Yeah, all because they're rushing... dry.gif Oh well, as long as they animate the fights well I'll forgive Bones! laugh.gif I saw part of Scar vs. Ed too.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 02:24 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css