HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood Opening Theme Vid Discussion Thread, including visual, and sound
Kirara
post Jan 11 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #121

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,267

I liked the OP but I admit a big reason for that was seeing Ed & Al suddenly surrounded by more and more allies. It so perfectly symbolizes the series for me. The rest was just sort of fights who cares but that scene made the OP for me.

As for the ED my favorite part was the Riza scene But maybe a bit too many stills. Then again Endings usually are less elaborate than Openings.

Both songs are really nice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jan 12 2010, 02:51 AM
Post #122

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (QueenTiria @ Jan 11 2010, 04:16 PM) *
The new op and ed... I have honestly always expected FMA Brotherhood's OPs to be better, more imaginative, with more depth than normal shonen ops. because FMA is much more than a shonen anime. But although every goes on about how good the new OP is, I have to say it just seemed like a bunch of scenes and stills thrown together, and doesn't even time well with the music! (which i found to be well, forgetful. i forgot the tune like 1 min after i heard it).

So FMA's OP is now down to the par of well, Code Geass. Basically flashing scenes and characters. The only good bit was the fight scene. Urgh. Wish there was another 'again'. The 1st OP still the best, with so much story, good music and animation. T_T

Not to get off topic but to compare this opening to Code Geass is just insulting to the work of the people involved. Code Geass had four openings with about two openings worth of material shared between them. FMA so far has had completely original animation and songs between all of them, so I think it's fair to say that it's already doing better than Code Geass did.

No offense meant, I just wanted to point that out.

smile.gif

Back on topic, I'm noticing a few people complaining about how the opening has scenes in it that don't match the story. I'm confused as to what anime people have been watching, cause in my experience that's pretty much the norm. Prime example that comes to mind is the second Bleach opening, in which almost none of those fights happen. Openings are there to set up the mood and sometimes to give hints as to future plot events, not to just show you what's going to happen.

I also don't remember anyone saying this with Golden Time Lover either which is strange cause that was even worse for this.

Overall the opening isn't perfect (fanboy squeals whenever Pride appears aside) but it's decent enough and still better than anything the first series gave us. I'd still rank it as my favourite so far, mostly for aforemention Pridey goodness, but also because some of the animation in it is pretty damn good in my opinion. The way Ed shifts his body weight at the start (which people REALLY DO), the ballistic scene of Ed smashing at Pride's shadows, the way Kimblee neatly drops between Sloth and the missiles. All gold.

Regarding the song itself, I think the lyrics for both really work, especially the lyrics to Period. Probably the most fitting so far in terms of the story.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Jan 13 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #123

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

someone want to play and spot who's who on that crowd of people that appeared around the elric bros?

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jan 13 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #124

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Jan 13 2010, 07:33 PM) *
someone want to play and spot who's who on that crowd of people that appeared around the elric bros?

I do I do! <3

...but this would be very hard, because (surprisingly) there are a lot of different characters in here.

First, we start off with Mei Chang, Scar, dr Marcoh (I suppose), Pinako and Winry.

Then we have Ranfan, Armstrong and Mustang.

Van Hohenheim, Riza&Black Hayate and Izumi appear.

Den, Jean Havoc Denny Brosh, Heimans Breda and Olivier Armstrong.

Fuu, Maria Ross, Darius (I suppose), Kain Fuery, Vato Falman, Jean Havoc, Heinkel.

Scieszka, Miles and Shig Curtis.

Aand then it goes even too fast to cap. From what I see there is Madame Christmas, Rebecca, Jelso or Zanpano, that shop owner from Lior, Trisha(?), Paninya, Garfield, Gracia and Elysia, Buccaneer, that general working under Olivier, some Briggs soldiers and that's what I can see.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Jan 13 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #125

Alchemists

wow kasumistry, you are really good. yeah it does get harder to point out the characters in the last shot.

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jan 15 2010, 08:14 AM
Post #126

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

LOVE the OP and ED.

love the tattoo scene!!! Riza is smokin'. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
anybody realised? in the OP, realised that Al's armor hair is so short (because of the incident with Buccaneer.) but at the 'many pepople shows up' scene just before the Reff, Al's armor hair back to be LONG again!!! hahaha

OT:
the claspin hand is definetely Ed and Al.. realise the Lyric mentioning "right hand", and the big hand is a right hand, should be Ed's right hand, and the small one is Al's (because his body became so small)...

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Feb 9 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #127

Alchemists

With what happened in 104 and the last few chapters, imagine how epic the next opening is going to be when they switch around ep 51-52 snice its slated for 63 episodes.

+Quote Post
Disco Shrew
post Feb 9 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #128

Citizen

Member No.: 72,810

I've liked all the openings so far

--------------------
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary. The evil it does is permanent."

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Feb 13 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #129

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

In the English Dub, I noticed that the opening is still in Japanese, but it has been shortened. I like the longer one better.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Feb 14 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #130

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I'm pissed they cut it short. That's so messed up.
I wanted to see my young hoho/xerxes transmution circle.

I mean seriously.. Why did they cut it?

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Feb 14 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #131

Citizen

Member No.: 45,648

LOL. The first opening dub isn't just cut short, it's cut short badly. You can easily hear the song skipping between the cut scenes, like a bad AMV. If they weren't ready yet, you would think they keep the full opening for at least the first episode, since it's the American premiere.

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Feb 15 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #132

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Feb 14 2010, 12:12 AM) *
I'm pissed they cut it short. That's so messed up.
I wanted to see my young hoho/xerxes transmution circle.

I mean seriously.. Why did they cut it?

They have a time slot to fit. You may remember Rewrite and Undo being cut in season one? They didn't even show a preview this time around. Who knows, maybe next week they will have a full (tv-size) OP~

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Feb 15 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #133

Alchemists

Nah, never saw the first anime on tv. DVD's and online.

But they need to have it make sense. Bad opening was bad. Decision to cut out all the beginning slower stuff and skip to the "bad A" parts like a 12 year old would make an AMV.
That's what it felt like.

I told myself though, it's the pilot. So lets hope they fix this by next week.
They have to realize everyone's upset about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Mar 19 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #134

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

The music video of FMA's "again" is full of action .. it felt like getting energetic whenever ya hear it and it explains the life of the ELric BRothers what I don't like about it is the scene where a young Hohenheim that looks like Ed appeared. it sucks seeing that dumb father of theirs .. *I hate him !

The ending theme's Video is .. very cute ! *both drawing and animation ... :3

--------------------

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 19 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #135

Alchemists

*pout*
Well I friggin love him.

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 05:47 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css