HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 1: Fullmetal Alchemist - Content Discussion Thread, English dub talk-back start on page 14!
Rating 5 V
Popogeejo
post Apr 5 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #61

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,420

I can't wait for the sub! I glanced at the RAW...

So...is it going to be strictly manga based like I originally thought after this?

If you saw the raw you'd know.
The first ep at least is no where near being strict to the manga but there's a chance from ep 2 it'll be nothing but manga.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 5 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #62

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

Most probably strict plot will start with the next ep, as seen in the preview wink.gif
Yet, in spite of the fact that it was an original one, if you consider all the details everything was in the manga context.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Apr 5 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Apr 5 2009, 12:08 PM) *
I can't wait for the sub! I glanced at the RAW...

So...is it going to be strictly manga based like I originally thought after this?

If you saw the raw you'd know.
The first ep at least is no where near being strict to the manga but there's a chance from ep 2 it'll be nothing but manga.

Yea, I noticed in the first one it wasn't. But I still have to finish it o.o;;...I'm waiting for a sub to do so.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
HannahBlack09
post Apr 5 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 65,042

Could someone tell me where can i see the Day of the beginning?

Ive been looking for it but i cant find it : (

Pleaase!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Apr 5 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #65

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

There are subs out on the torrent sites. Two groups have made releases.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Apr 5 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #66

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

I'm confused is there a sub out or not?If there is can someone give me the link?

--------------------

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Apr 5 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #67

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Apr 5 2009, 10:59 AM) *
Nice touch that Isaac was dressed in his Ishbal attire. Like he knew this would be his last battle from the start

He wasn't Ishbalan. No white hair or Red eyes.

Ah, sorry - my language was a bit vague. I meant the military uniform that the Armestris soldiers wore during combat in Ishbal. It's noticeably different than the current uniform worn by Roy, Hawkeye and Armstrong.

Ishbalan Uniform = brown stockings over boots; ammo strap across chest; cloak.

Current Uniform = black boots with tucked in pants; vest/'skirt' (for lack of a better word) combo

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 5 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #68

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Wow, the first episode was full of excitement, and jam-packed with the introductions!! (May I say, "ambitiously" packed-full?? XD)

I very much agree with His Name is Unknown's previous two posts.
Some of my observations from the quick glance of the episode 1, raw, are:

* Issac dude and his micro arc was a nice vehicle to introduce Five Alchemists, Roy, Ed, Al, Alex, (and Kimbley as a bonus!! ^^) with the Alchemists' specialties nicely introduced to the viewers in the fighting scenes. Those action scenes were nicely done!! And, for the disposable character, this Issac dude really kicked butt. Too bad he got killed off so quickly. Oh and they already gave away Bradley's lightning fast sword move, too!! ohmy.gif

* And, the episode was full of introductions of character quirks (that are well known to us XD) and known on-going FMA jokes, like, Hughes with his tendency to show pics of his daughter to everyone, Alex Armstrong's sparkly exhibit of his body and the contrasting.. uh.. overly caring side, "Ed's hight complex" joke, Mustang & Riza's "useless" joke, etc.....

* The episode also contained chuck-full of what to come story-wise... And, it's clearly shown that it will follow the manga story-line. (Sure, it's not strictly & rigidly following FMA manga to the teeth, as we see, but I don't mind few "added flavors" like this Issac character. ^^)
...Viewers are already warned that there is a dark side to the current government. Even Father has already made a brief appearance in this episode!!
...And, we already hear about "human sacrifice," the plot secret that took manga readers a very long time to find out!! (This from the scene with Lust, after Issac's death... In Lust's comment on Issac: "... too bad he might have made a nice sacrifice..." (or something along that line... audio on my computer is not great. ^^)
...And, of course, the episode tells us a bit about the human transmutation done by Ed & Al, which leads up to the second episode, I guess. ^^

* The tone of this series felt definitely different from the series 1, IMO. As His Name is Unknown has mentioned, I thought the episode has a nice balance of darkness and the lighter side.. I don't know how it changes as the series progresses, but so far I liked the balancing act in the first episode.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot. This is just from my first glance of the raw. I'll add more of my thought later. ^^

----------------------

@kelen - We already briefly discussed about that manga scene (I'll add the link to the discussion here as soon I find the posts ^^) and our conclusion was that that was just a plot convenience to make up Riza's coded message, and they just needed some name that started with "I" there. ^^

@HannahBlack09 - "Day of the beginning" is the 2nd episode and it will air in Japan next week. We only know the episode title and the brief storyline from the Story page on FMA-2 JP official web site. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Apr 5 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #69

Apprentice

Member No.: 53,239

EDIT: Removed link to subbed episode.

And wow, that was an awesome episode. A bit rushed, as others said, but it was epic.

+Quote Post
mira mirth
post Apr 5 2009, 10:19 AM
Post #70

Citizen

Member No.: 44,190

Er, I haven't posted on these forums in a reeeally long time, but this new episode is beckoning me out of lurkdom. I'm joining the crowd of everyone who is dying of awesomeness. It doesn't even matter that I don't understand Japanese - I'm still enjoying this immensely =) And it's great to see these characters again. I mean, hi Hughes! Long time no being alive. And Father gazing from the shadows made me really happy, as it reinforces the whole manga-feel. And I love the style in which this new episode is drawn! I dearly hope that they stick to it for the entire series.

I confess - despite craving an anime for FMA that would be manga-based, I've had my share of doubts about this. The first episode, however, makes me think that I might end up liking this a lot - really a lot. I have high hopes now.

PS: And a huge thank you to the wonderful person who'd posted the YouTube link!

*crawls away surreptitiously to lurk once more...*

+Quote Post
Meu
post Apr 5 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 55,344

Alright, the first ep of the new series seems to be a good opportunity to finally post something in here.

I thought that was overall great!
I had a fear that they'd rush things, having seen the list of the characters that appear and some spoilers. Although things really happened fast, I don't think that bothered that much.
Though, why did Kimbley appear? I don't undestand Japanese, so I don't know did he has any purpose in the plot right now. Could someone explain? ^^' (His voice is nice. I don't remember if it was the same in the previous anime, but anyway.)

This Issaac fellow was pretty cool. I liked his alchemy.

And the music was awesome, too. Not only the opening and ending, but also the choir music in the battle between Issaac and Ed & Al and führer and whoever there was. Dramatic.
The OP and ED were very different from the previous series, and I think it as a good thing. Not that the last ones were bad, I really liked them, but it really feels like a new anime and very fresh. The songs were nice and the animation was good, too.
The ending was cute.

Damn, I ended up just praising this... But oh well, I'll just go somewhere else wait for the second ep. And the new chapter of the manga~ I'm excited~~ biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Apr 5 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #72

Apprentice

QUOTE (Meu @ Apr 5 2009, 01:27 PM) *
Though, why did Kimbley appear? I don't undestand Japanese, so I don't know did he has any purpose in the plot right now. Could someone explain? ^^' (His voice is nice. I don't remember if it was the same in the previous anime, but anyway.)

I don't know Japanese either, but just by the way the episode unfolded, I'm guessing that Isaac knew Kimbley from Ishbal and was aware that he possessed a piece of the philosopher's stone. Isaac visited him in prison to acquire the final piece of his plan to take down the Fuhrer and Kimbley went along with it because he's a 'heretic,' and found amusement in Isaac's futile struggle. XD

This is just one example (Isaac's Ishbalan war attire, the framing of Ed and Al against the moon, the shot of the map directly following the superimposed transmutation circle on Central) of the many directorial details which cater to those with existing knowledge of the story and characters. If you're new to the show, it looks cool. If you've studied your FMA, the images provide insight into the entire plot of the anime. Love it!

+Quote Post
Amaya Hawkeye
post Apr 5 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #73

Apprentice

Member No.: 34,446

QUOTE (Meu @ Apr 5 2009, 10:27 AM) *

I found a fansub, and Kimblee appeared, talking to Isaac, saying he wanted to help him to destroy everything, but Isaac said he wanted to destroy central for the good of the people because he knows what the country is doing.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 5 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #74

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Meu and His Name is Unknown - About the Kimbley's appearance, I have to watch the raw again to double check, but I thought it seems Issac went there to ask Kimbley if he would like to join his side to fight against the government, and Kimbley said no. mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Apr 5 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #75

Apprentice

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 5 2009, 01:57 PM) *
@Meu and His Name is Unknown - About the Kimbley's appearance, I have to watch the raw again to double check, but I thought it seems Issac went there to ask Kimbley if he would like to join his side to fight against the government, and Kimbley said no. mellow.gif

That would make sense as well - but I wonder where Isaac got his philosopher's stone from? Or perhaps that final shot of the red sphere in the blood was meant to represent Isaac's soul energy being absorbed by the underground machinations of Father. I really don't think that's the case, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 05:07 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css